My boyfriend and I had reservations at the Winterhaven for last weekend. When we arrived for checkin, we were told that the room had been damaged and that we would be sent to a nearby property, the Essex House. The hotel staff got us a taxi, and we went off to the Essex, where we were upgraded to a suite. Unfortunately, my boyfriend then realized that he had left his wallet, cell phone, and keys in the taxi. We spent the next few hours cancelling credit cards, but the Winterhaven was very helpful, offering to call cab companies for us, and eventually giving us a free dinner at nearby Grillfish.
Both hotels were beautiful, with art deco exteriors and furnishings, and very convenient to the beach. I would recommend either one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essex House is an award-winning South Beach hotel in the Miami Beach Art Deco District. Surrounded by nightclubs, cafes and designer boutiques, Essex House is an Art Deco landmark property in the heart of South Beach. The hotel features 70 rooms including 14 luxurious suites to help you leave all of your stress behind. Your stay includes complimentary continental breakfast, a daily happy hour at Zen Sai Restaurant, and access to the nightlife at our sister property, Clevelander South Beach, located just steps away on Ocean Drive. Essex House Hotel is the perfect choice when you want the best of all worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Essex House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essex House Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex House Hotel South Beach
- Essex Miami Beach
- Essex House Miami Beach, Florida