“The best place I have ever stayed.”
Review of Freehand Miami

Freehand Miami
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This place is amazing. My friends and I decided to take a random vacation to Miami. It was the first time that a few of us had ever taken a vacation without our parents. The stay was truly memorable. The staff was excellent. Im not sure if I can recall her name but I think it was Mariana? She was amazing. I work in a hotel in NYC. I thought the service at the freehand was byfar the best I have ever recieved. I would rate it 6 stars if i could. The pool and bar area are beautiful. The hotel is designed with a very clever and unique sense of style. The bike rental proved to be very convenient and affordable at the same time. My friends and I stayed in a bungalow and it was like having our own apartment. Whoever manages this place deserves a pat on the back. I will definitely be back and will never stay anywhere in Miami but the Freehand. Oh and one more thing- The staff did a great job with connecting us with a company that gave paddle boarding lessons. The lesson was one of the highlights of our trip. It also was very affordable and the instructor was awesome! See you soon Freehand!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are obviously louder than others because there is always a great party going on...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
FreehandManagement, Management at Freehand Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Hi there,

We're so glad to hear that the Freehand has exceeded your expectations! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The former Indian Creek Hotel has been re-branded the Freehand Miami and converted to a hostel..

This is a beautiful hotel building built back in the days of the Miami Beach hotel boom. The building id well kept and has a large backyard with patio, bar,, pool and lots of chairs and shade.

The non-commercial atmosphere in a resort city makes this a must for those that want to experience Miami Beach and South Florida on a reasonable budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ralpael
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Spent here 2 nights, one in a double room and the other in a dorm. Excellent atmosphere, great decoration, swimming pool, bar, not too far from the best places in Miami Beach, and really helpful managers.

The best beds I've seen in a hostel, really clean rooms and overall very tidy and organized.

I'll be going back there if I am back in Miami.

Room Tip: Double rooms are really worth the money and can be better than a hotel double room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pato-1708
Reviewed 8 July 2013

If you are comparing this to other hostels, it's top notch. If you are getting a private room with bathroom and comparing to hotels, it's still pretty good. The decor is cool, the games and ping pong are fun. My only real issue was the noise. We were on the first floor and oh boy was it loud. There is a bar out back, so you could hear the people out there until the wee hours. Also, you could clearly hear every time someone shut a door, flushed a toilet or even shut the door to a stall in the shared bathroom. Also, the price for the private room is not that dissimilar to some hotels in the area. I would definitely come back, but I would probably check out other hotels in the area too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank danikrist
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I am currently vacationing in Miami @ the freehand. When I actually booked this through hotels.com, I thought it was a hotel. Too late to change my reservation, I stayed at freehand learning also that hotels.com reserved me for a 8 female shared dormitory which I DID NOT want to do but when I go to freehand, I couldn't believe my eyes. From the receptionists, to the bar, pool... Everything was fantastic. I shared a room with 7 of the coolest girls. The rooms have lockers and 2 bathrooms which only 2 if us used the lockers lol, everyone else left their things out in plain sight like laptops, rings, etc and it was not stolen. Freehand is a very relaxed environment. I love it here. The pool itself is amazing. The whole back yard area with the bar (Broken Shaker). It's one block from Collins ave and u will be on the beach. And bout 10-15 min ride on the bus to get to Collins and 11th which the next block over is ocean and 11th and ur on south beach. I don't do HOSTELS but this was an amazing experience for me. A great way to afford a vacation without paying an arm and a leg for a boutique hotel on the strip. The only con is there's no TV. Don't come looking to watch tv lol. Just to come relax, party and sleep. It's not really a party hostel. It was very quiet, actually. People sitting around in the lobby playing games, reading books, etc and even a guy played the piano. U love freehand. After reading about hostels, I thought it would have been the worse place to stay, ever! Lol. It wasn't. Try it, u will love it. I saw young and old here.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank mrsripp1
FreehandManagement, Management Team at Freehand Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Hi there!
Thanks for taking the time to review us! We’re glad you had a great experience here! Come back soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The Freehand really impressed me - great location, good value, beautiful interiors, great atmosphere, spotlessly clean, safe, and friendly & helpful staff.

I travelled alone and met some lovely people in the 4 bed room I stayed in, which was really spacious. The pool area is great and was never too crowded, the bar there too is also good.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hmorris85
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I read all the reviews about this hostel so I went for it. But guess what?.. I surpassed all my expectations! The building itself is really amazing, with spacious rooms with AC and all. Hygiene was a+ as well as the change of towels and bed sheets. I've never seen a hostel THAT clean.
With its vintage furnitures, the Freehand has one of the most charming decos I've ever seen in any Hostel or Hotel. the lighing and lounge music by the pool matches perfectly with the atmosphere. The Broken Shaker (bar) is awesome! A little bit expensive if you ask me, but then again you're in Miami Beach, so yeah...it's kinda an average price. But the cocktails are really amazing, highly recommended.

Bikes for rent are great, the events they do..I mean really..I'm in love with the place! Definetely gonna stay there in my next visit to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Super 8 rooms are more spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo