I am happy I decided to branch out from my usual with this hotel. It is so expensive to stay in Miami in the Winter so I gave this "hostel" a try. I am glad I did. I booked a private room. I was there on business. It was stylish, clean and the staff was wonderful. My one caution is that it is a bit loud at night. Bring earplugs if you are not there to party.
The outdoor area is fantastic. It is has a bohemian vibe. It is like a bit of San Francisco in South Beach. I also love that there is no "resort fee" or WiFi fee that effectively raises ypur room rate. You can rent a towel for $5.
The location is great. A fairly short walk to Lincoln Drive. The beach is a block away. The rental bikes make all of South Beach easily accessible. Street parking was easy to find and there is a lot a block away. The crowd skews young (I am 44!) but everyone is friendly.
A few small complaints...
The pool is only open until 6pm
There is no coffee available before 8am
The breakfast is just okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Freehand Miami is our reinvention of the historic Indian Creek Hotel, one of Miami Beach’s classic art deco buildings. Created for a new generation of travelers, we have incorporated handcrafted design, local food & beverage, and a comfortable community atmosphere that offers both shared and private accommodations—all just one block from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Freehand Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Creek Miami Beach
- Hotel Indian Creek
- Indian Creek Hotel South Beach
- Freehand Miami Miami Beach, Florida