Yes, the vibe is definitely cool. And drinking/dining in the atmospheric courtyard around the pool with all the young hipsters at night is a Miami-style experience for sure. But the 'hostel' label and being cool doesn't exempt you from getting the basics right. We reserved a bungalow for our family of 5 several months ahead, and received written confirmation of our reservation, only to be told matter-of-factly upon arrival that the bungalow was not available and they would give us two adjacent rooms instead. Not an apology, nothing. Sorry, but how hard can it really be to actually have a room available that you confirmed as a 'reservation'?! And when you screw up, and you're in a service industry, at least apologise for the inconvenience.
The toilet in the children's room leaked water when flushed, so the bathroom was a swamp in no time. We told the girl at reception and they would look into it. When we came back to the children's room some time later, the 'solution' that they apparently came up with was to put towels around the toilet bowl. For 338 dollars for 1 night for a family of 5, you need to do better than that, I don't care how cool (you think) you are. If you can't get basics like reservations and proper bathrooms right, you should reconsider if you are in the right business.
Generally speaking, the bathrooms really need an update; everything was really worn in our two rooms. And if you are a light sleeper, pick another place, especially if it's. saturday night; the crowd in the dining area outside makes a lot of noise and the windows don't offer much isolation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Freehand Miami is our reinvention of the historic Indian Creek Hotel, one of Miami Beach’s classic art deco buildings. Created for a new generation of travelers, we have incorporated handcrafted design, local food & beverage, and a comfortable community atmosphere that offers both shared and private accommodations—all just one block from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Freehand Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Creek Miami Beach
- Hotel Indian Creek
- Indian Creek Hotel South Beach
- Freehand Miami Miami Beach, Florida