My husband and I stayed here after our cruise ended in Miami. We reserved a private room for $99. The hostel is 2 blocks from the beach!!!
The linens, bed, television, wifi, bathroom, robes, decor and furniture were all great.
The front staff could be more friendly.
This hostel is full of a variety of travelers. The pool and outdoor gardens are nice with music, lawn furniture, and a bar to order drinks. The hostel has a variety of activities planned throughout the week and displayed in the front lobby.
Tip for going to the airport: If you want to take the bus walk down to the Triton Supermarket on Collins avenue and watch for the bus number 150 AIRPORT FLYER. On the weekdays it comes approximately every 30 minutes. The website for miami transit is easy to navigate. It costs $2.50 per person (the hostel staff told us wrong). (There are rails within the bus to hold your luggage.) You may use exact change or buy a ticket from walgreens. The bus ride is about 15 minutes without traffic. It will drop you off at the Miami metrorail/metrobus station. Once you get out of the bus, follow signs for the AIRPORT and keep walking. It will take you to the Miami Mover light rail car which takes you to the airport. This little rail is free, no need to buy a EASY ticket.
Tip if going to beach: Change into your swimsuit before walking over there. I walked for many blocks on the boardwalk and never found a public restroom. No alcohol on the beach allowed.
Tip for a quick bite: Walk 1 block to Triton supermarket on Collins Avenue and get a plate full of home-cooked latin themed food for super cheap!!!! In the mood for awesome breakfast and coffee? the tropical beach cafe nearby has amazing food for super cheap. Get the cuban coffee or cafe con leche and you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Freehand Miami is our reinvention of the historic Indian Creek Hotel, one of Miami Beach’s classic art deco buildings. Created for a new generation of travelers, we have incorporated handcrafted design, local food & beverage, and a comfortable community atmosphere that offers both shared and private accommodations—all just one block from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Freehand Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Creek Miami Beach
- Hotel Indian Creek
- Indian Creek Hotel South Beach
- Freehand Miami Miami Beach, Florida