I recently spent one night at the Tides in one of their smaller ocean front suites. Overall, a lovely experience, from check in to check out, everything was perfect. I was even offered a welcome drink on their patio.
The location of the hotel is simply the best on Ocean Drive, with views to match. The room was large, immaculate and simply beautiful. Nice bathroom, but with a combined shower and tub. If you book one of these suites, try to request one with a corner window--that adds to the already great view.
The hotel lobby was smaller than I had expected and the pool area was also small, but then, you have the ocean a few steps from the hotel. You also get complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach.
It's obviously not a cheap hotel, but worth the cost. Five stars all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tides South Beach is an iconic hotel located on Ocean Drive, just steps from the crystal water of the Atlantic Ocean and Miami’s most exciting dining and nightlife locations. Originally built in 1936, the hotel’s architecture is rich with Art Deco influences, creating a nostalgic environment for The Tides’ unique brand of modern luxury. The Tides features forty-four stylish luxury suites all offering expansive ocean views. Spacious hotel accommodations range from Oceanfront Studio Suites of 550 square feet to the 2,600 square foot Tides Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your The Tides South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King And Grove Tides
- King & Grove Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Miami Beach
- The Tides South Beach Miami Beach, Florida