We stayed at The Tides 29th June 2011 for 4 nights. We were greeted by a member of valet/porter staff, and by the time we reached Reception all the staff were aware of our names which was a really nice touch. We had a personal introduction to our room and all the facilities, and were then invited for a courtesy cocktail on the terrace. We were greeted every single time we left and returned to the hotel.
The room was extremely tastefully decorated - the furnishings were gorgeous and everything was in neutral colours. The room was very spacious and had a great seperate dressing area where you could leave suitcases, shoes, etc. out of the way. Also a courtesy coffee machine along with a minibar. Our room was oceanfront so we had a great view. We were on 4th floor and weren't kept awake at night by any noise whatsoever.
We didn't eat at the Hotel as we like to try different breakfast and evening meal venues daily. The Front Porch Cafe, News Cafe and Cafe Pelican were all within a 10-minute walk and were all fantastic for outside breakfast dining on Ocean Drive. Evenings we ate at Espanola Way and The Carlyle.
Residents at The Tides have use of two sunbeds, an umbrella and towels on the beach (all included in tariff). You just wander on over and tell the staff your room number.
We would like to compliment all the staff on their friendly, efficient and courteous manner. In particular we'd like to mention a chap who was coming into work at 6 a.m. the morning we left (3rd July) who very kindly offered to put us together some pastries and drinks for our journey - what a thoughtful thing to do. It would be nice if hotel management could look at shift rotas to find out who he was and give him a personal thank you from the Brits who were moving on to Orlando (I'm sure he'll remember us).
The Tides is an amazing hotel in an amazing city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tides South Beach is an iconic hotel located on Ocean Drive, just steps from the crystal water of the Atlantic Ocean and Miami’s most exciting dining and nightlife locations. Originally built in 1936, the hotel’s architecture is rich with Art Deco influences, creating a nostalgic environment for The Tides’ unique brand of modern luxury. The Tides features forty-four stylish luxury suites all offering expansive ocean views. Spacious hotel accommodations range from Oceanfront Studio Suites of 550 square feet to the 2,600 square foot Tides Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tides South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King And Grove Tides
- King & Grove Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Miami Beach
- The Tides South Beach Miami Beach, Florida