“Very Nice Hotel, Wondeful Location”

The Tides South Beach
Ranked #63 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Tides for our anniversary and everything was perfect. We arrived at 11.40am and our room was ready. Everything we requested the Tides was right on point with it (King Bed, Higher Floor, early check-in, wake up call,cab when you need it). The rooms are large and the beds are very nice. The pool water(open 24 hours) was just as warm as the Beach water perfect. Everytime we are in South Beach we will be staying only at the Tides.

1  Thank KWimbush
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most candid feedback on your recent stay at The Tides.

I am pleased to know your Anniversary at The Tides was a memorable one. My team and I would welcome the opportunity to have you celebrate future special occasions with us and hope the next one is even more enjoyable than the last.

I look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

After planning a stay at The Setai, I reconsidered my plan based only on the rave reviews from Trip Advisor. The contact from the hotel prior to the stay was promising. Unfortunately, there was no one there to greet us or get our bags upon arrival to the hotel in the car the concierge coordinated for us. The reception process and introduction to the hotel with your "personal assistant" is comprehensive and efficient, but borders on overwhelming. We did change our dinner reservation the first night based on a recommendation given during the check-in process which turned out well. The room was large (Oceanfront Premier Suite) and well layed out. Bathroom and shower were nice and clean with fixtures from Waterworks. We had a late snack after arrival in the restaurant at the front of the hotel. The service was fast, friendly and chatty. The one negative would be the semi-unprofessional behavior of the male staff members standing around checking out the women walking by on the sidewalk. It's South Beach, maybe that is to be expected. I don't know. Room service is very fast and the food was good but from day to day it was inconsistent in terms of organization and quantity even though the order was exactly the same.

The hotel is not ON the beach. It's what I would call "conveniently across the street from".

The NOISE in the late night/early morning hours from the throngs of people on Ocean Drive can be deafening. There was not one night of undisturbed sleep. There was a freak thunderstorm the first night about 3am that drove everyone inside off the streets and we could not have been more thankful.

I would stay at the property again. The location is very good but I think I would get a pool view room on the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: I'd suggest a cheaper, pool view room. It may mitigate the noise from Ocean Drive.
3  Thank mafitch

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Tides South Beach. I have received your valuable feedback in the spirit intended and discussed it with my management team so that we can immediately address our inconsistencies.

I am happy to know you enjoyed your room features but I am, however, sincerely displeased that you found you did not have a restful experience due to the noise from Ocean Drive.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at (305) 604-5070 when your travels next bring you to Miami and I will be happy to take care of all of your arrangements. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back and remain at your service.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

It was our second stay at The Tides, and we spent one week in a fabulous room on 8th floor.
The localization of this hotel still the best of Ocean Drive. The size and equipment of the room are amazing, the service is first class, with a special mention to Francisco, our personal assistant, always available to help and facilitate any need we had.
The restaurant La Marea is very good and worth be tested during your stay.
For sure we’ll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for posting your generous comments on your recent stay at The Tides.
I shared your special recognition with my colleague, Francisco, and he is thrilled to have helped make your stay with us a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and remain at your service.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed at The Tides 29th June 2011 for 4 nights. We were greeted by a member of valet/porter staff, and by the time we reached Reception all the staff were aware of our names which was a really nice touch. We had a personal introduction to our room and all the facilities, and were then invited for a courtesy cocktail on the terrace. We were greeted every single time we left and returned to the hotel.
The room was extremely tastefully decorated - the furnishings were gorgeous and everything was in neutral colours. The room was very spacious and had a great seperate dressing area where you could leave suitcases, shoes, etc. out of the way. Also a courtesy coffee machine along with a minibar. Our room was oceanfront so we had a great view. We were on 4th floor and weren't kept awake at night by any noise whatsoever.
We didn't eat at the Hotel as we like to try different breakfast and evening meal venues daily. The Front Porch Cafe, News Cafe and Cafe Pelican were all within a 10-minute walk and were all fantastic for outside breakfast dining on Ocean Drive. Evenings we ate at Espanola Way and The Carlyle.
Residents at The Tides have use of two sunbeds, an umbrella and towels on the beach (all included in tariff). You just wander on over and tell the staff your room number.
We would like to compliment all the staff on their friendly, efficient and courteous manner. In particular we'd like to mention a chap who was coming into work at 6 a.m. the morning we left (3rd July) who very kindly offered to put us together some pastries and drinks for our journey - what a thoughtful thing to do. It would be nice if hotel management could look at shift rotas to find out who he was and give him a personal thank you from the Brits who were moving on to Orlando (I'm sure he'll remember us).
The Tides is an amazing hotel in an amazing city!

Room Tip: Request ocean front
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SP150711

Dear valued guest,

I am sincerely grateful for the wonderful feedback you shared on your recent stay at The Tides.

I shared your special recognition with my colleague, Terence John, who kindly assisted you on the day of your departure and he is humbled by your praise. It is always nice seeing how personal touches such as this one can so greatly impact our guest experience.

I look forward to your return and remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed here from June 18 2011 for a week. We stayed in the Premier Oceanfront suite which was beautifully appointed with wonderful views of Ocean Drive and South Beach just across the road.

The staff here were some of the most pleasant, friendly and helpful we have encountered in all our travels. They were outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. In particular we would like to mention Francisco and Ficky. However, all members of staff we encountered were superb. Francisco looked after us during our stay and was so friendly and helpful with a great knowledge of the local area, especially restaurants. He was always happy to accommodate us. Exceptional service from an extremely likeable and friendly person.
South Beach, Ocean Drive, is lively, buzzing and a superb place for night life, if you want to see it or experience it, it certainly happens here.
A wonderful week’s vacation with wonderful places to eat. So many to recommend but don’t miss OLA, RED and Asia de Cuba, to name a few. Perfect service and perfect food.

This hotel and location is one of the best. Once again a big thanks to Francisco and Ficky.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most encouraging feedback on your recent stay at The Tides South Beach.

I shared your special recognition of my colleagues, Francisco and Ficky, and they are proud to have created a memorable experience for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain at your service.

Jorge Gutierrez,

Reviewed 7 July 2011

The hotel is beautiful and rooms are big. But it is disappointing when it comes to service and amenities. The restaurant is very pricy for a not-more-than-average meal. Restaurant was empty and service extremely slow, even to get the bill. We dined there on the first night of our vacation because it was highly recommended by the person who checked us in, but wish we had tried one of the many other well-known restaurants in Miami.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear valued guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the underwhelming impression you received of our restaurant, La Marea, during your recent stay at The Tides.

I assure you, I have immediately addressed the comments you shared with my management team as part of our continuous efforts to provide a consistent guest experience. I hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and you have my personal invitation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at (305) 604-5070 when your travels next bring you to Miami and it will be my pleasure to take care of all of your arrangements. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back and remain at your service.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 4 July 2011

After a failed attempt to try to confirm our online reservation by phone I left a message and the manager called me back very quickly from Miami (I live in Brazil!) apologizing and saying that they would give us a special treatment upon our arrival. I thought it would be a bottle of champagne with a basket of fruits but they upgraded us to the second most expensive suite! That was a real treat considering what we paid for! The suite was so beautifully decorated, a true Kelly Wearstler experience! I loved the restaurant food, service and atmosphere. The hotel staff was very professional and friendly and the Tides kir cocktail was so delish! This is a really special place for a romantic trip. Highly recommended!!! I'd love to stay there again! We actually stayed there on June 2010.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tulipinha81

Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to know you enjoyed your suite accommodation as well as our signature Tides Royale martini.

My team and I look forward to your next visit and hope it will be even more memorable than the last.