“First class service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Oslo
“First class service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Tides for 5 days and we really miss every moment of our stay! The staff was very helpful and delivered super service. Beautiful beach where the hotel provides complimentary chairs, a swimming pool that always chill you off and kitchen that makes good and quick dishes...those are the things we will always keep in our memories. We recommend Tides to especially honeymooners or other couples that are planning for a more luxury and exciting holiday at South Beach.

1 Thank Keiswang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I booked a room at the Riu hotel which turned out to be a BIG disappointment. To make a long story short we were able to book the premuim suite on the same day with the personal assistant Maria who was very polite and understanding of our situation. After collecting our bags from the other hotel on arrival at the Tides we were treated like a king and queen which lasted through out the whole weekend. The staff was excellent and the room and accomadations were excellent. It is rare that we find such service that I am compelled to write a letter of gratidued. My husband and I were so greateful and had a wonderfull vaction after all. We also plan to make this one of our vacation location.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for the feedback you have shared for your stay at The Tides South Beach.

We are truly delighted to know your stay with us was a highlight of your trip and that my colleagues were able to create a lasting experience for you following an underwhelming start to your trip. I shared your special recognition of my colleague, Maria, and she is thrilled by your praise.

Our entire team is extremely pleased by your comments as we take pride in making our guests’ stay with us memorable.

We look forward to having you stay with us and remain at your service.

Director of Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Wonderful breakfast and good service , just with this service next trip , we going stay in here instead of Betsy hotel , they are rude people working there , I almost forgot David Mills from reservation he's a wonderful person they deserve A PLUS

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
Dear valued guest,

I am truly grateful you will be staying at The Tides on your next trip to Miami.

Maria, Francisco, David, and our colleagues at La Marea are humbled by your mention and they will be here to welcome you on your next visit.

I look forward to personally meeting you upon your return and remain at your service.

Freeport, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

This property exceeded all our expectations: an unusual combination of elegance, style, friendliness, efficiency and personalized service, all in one package. By and large, the best hotel in our South Beach experience, considering the value, boutique size, and convenient, lively location in the art deco district of Ocean Drive. We lodged in many hotels in our several trips to Miami, including the Delano and the Loews Miami Beach, but there is no comparison. From the moment you arrive, you are welcomed with a "we have been waiting for you..." , and a complementary drink delivered to your room. This personalized approach does not wane within a few hours, but it is a permanent feature of the hotel staff throughout your entire stay. Rooms are spacious, with outstanding views of the ocean, flat screen tvs and all amenities in place, including a free espresso machine. Needless to say, the night life on Ocean Drive is the best the city can offer. The hotel offers a generous complimentary breakfast with fresh croissants. We also dined at the in-house restaurant "La Marea" (which mean "the tide" in Italian) and it was a gastronomical delight. The pool is modest in size, but most guests take advantage of the beach across the street, with free usage of umbrellas, towels, cabanas and chairs. All in all, highly recommended!

Room Tip: This is a small property. Every room is in top condition. I'd suggest an oceanfront studio suite...
1 Thank vincioli
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your most rewarding feedback on your recent stay at The Tides.
We continuously strive for a warm and personal guest experience and it is truly gratifying to know that we were able to touch your heart.

My colleagues at our restaurant, La Marea, are humbled by your praise of our cuisine and hope you return in the near future so you can experience our new creations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain at your service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We came here after our cruise at the end of our vacation for two nights. We brought my son and his friend for his college graduation present. We loved this hotel!!! The staff was amazing. My boyfriend got sick and I called asking if the had a thermometer that we could
use and they did not but offered to run to a store to get us one, which I declined. The next day we went
for breakfast and when we came back there was a note from the manager wishing him a speedy recovery and a thermometer. Now that is showing they care about
their guests!!! We never ate ate
the hotel but the white sangria is
the bomb-so much so I called for the recipe!! The rooms are spacious
and beautiful. Location is great,
close to everything!!! I would come
back in a heartbeat and hope to
again soon, it's just a long way
from Seattle. Higher end pricing but worth every dollar. We were going to stay at the Ritz Carlton but the reviews here were much better and now I can see why. This was our first trip to South Beach and the Tides made it the best ever!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank SeattleSunSeeker11
Dear valued guest,

I am truly grateful for your praise of my colleagues. It is always great to know that my colleagues went the extra mile to make our guests’ stay more enjoyable especially when they are not feeling well. We pride ourselves in offering intuitive service as this is what creates a genuine guest experience.

My colleagues at our restaurant, La Marea, are proud by your mention of our exquisite sangria and hope you join us for dinner on your next visit.

I look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.

madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Was #1 rated on South Beach on Trip Advisor when I booked it. And the reviewers nailed it!! Lovely rooms, overlooking (and over-listening) the South Beach buzz and the Atlantic beyond. If you walk the (short) length of SOBE then the The Tides sticks out: calm, sober, stylish - not pumping out Lady GaGa at full volume, not shoving menus in the hands of passers by - no transvestite dancers - just looking on amid the hubbub and intensity of this extraordinary little stretch of Florida land. All of that aside - what really makes The Tides GREAT is the staff - Sheerley, Ficky, Francisco and Maria on the front desk, Alan on the door - and others - about the best you will find. Housekeeping, food, room service - all excel. You are in a top place!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front do suffer from street noise as a reviewer noted, but so what? You're on holid...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager_Tides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such encouraging feedback on your recent stay at The Tides.

I shared your special recognition of Sheerley, Ficky, Francisco, Maria, and Alain and they are humbled by your praise. I am pleased by your impression of The Tides as we like to think of our property as a sanctuary in the middle of all the happenings on Ocean Drive.

I hope you stay with us again in the near future and remain at your service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Tides for our anniversary and everything was perfect. We arrived at 11.40am and our room was ready. Everything we requested the Tides was right on point with it (King Bed, Higher Floor, early check-in, wake up call,cab when you need it). The rooms are large and the beds are very nice. The pool water(open 24 hours) was just as warm as the Beach water perfect. Everytime we are in South Beach we will be staying only at the Tides.

1 Thank KWimbush
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most candid feedback on your recent stay at The Tides.

I am pleased to know your Anniversary at The Tides was a memorable one. My team and I would welcome the opportunity to have you celebrate future special occasions with us and hope the next one is even more enjoyable than the last.

I look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.