Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“great stay”

The Tides South Beach
Ranked #61 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was there one night because the hotel Victor upgrade me there, while the Victor was under maintenence! Lovely room, nice art deco', excellent bathroom, excellent forniture, the only thumbs down were the windows in the room, very old and they didn't look properly is a pity, in an awesome , big and great room, they save money on fixing new windows! The pool is outstanding, forniture and everything perfect! Unfortunately they were russians not very polite! but you know are Russians! The hall of the hotel is spectacular! The breakfast was not included! But i had because the sofa was so lovely! Bit pricey bar service!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Tides South Beach

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have just returned from a stay The Tides – and all I can say, is that we wish we were still there. What a fantastic and beautiful hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff!

We arrived from Key West and the valet took care of the bags and the car straight away. We were shown to the very trendy lobby area where check in was super-efficient and friendly. Whilst checking in, we found out that we had been upgraded to a suite on one of the upper floors – and we were personally escorted up to the room. And my goodness – it blew us away! A huge suite with two bathrooms and a huge outside terrace overlooking the beach, ocean and Ocean Drive to the front and downtown Miami to the rear. What a view – what an experience. And, we were given a welcome champagne cocktail.

In terms of some of the comments made about this hotel – it is right on Ocean Drive. Of course it’s a bustling and fun area, with many bars and hotels and restaurants. However, there was no noise at all after 11pm – in fact, quite the opposite – it was very quiet.

There’s a fitness centre and pool at the hotel too, which we didn’t have chance to use.

The location can’t be beaten obviously – and it was only a 15 minute walk to all the shops and (great) restaurants on Lincoln Avenue.

If we had our holiday again we would have definitely spent more time at The Tide; which can only mean one thing – we will have to go back again, and I absolutely cannot wait.

Just stay here – you will definitely not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels
3  Thank London69
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had been planning our touring holiday of Miami and the Keys since January. I'd read lots of reviews about the Tides but none mentioned that it was one of the most iconic Art Deco hotels on South Beach so I was really excited when I found out a few days before from a guide book. On our arrival we were welcomed warmly and directed to our Oceanfront suite. A lot of reviews had mentioned to ask for a room on a higher floor but I'd forgotten and our room was the second floor so I was concerned about the noise from the neighbouring clubs and bars. The room was so lovely though that I put my concerns to one side. It was beautifully and expensively furnished with a large bed, sitting area and large flat screen TV. Although it had obviously been refurbished it retained the original Art Deco windows.We immediately went back downstairs to explore South Beach and were treated to a welcome cocktail. After our 9 hour flight sleep wasn't a problem and the music stopped at 11pm.The next morning we availed ourselves of the complimentary sun beds and umbrellas on South Beach. It was just what we needed after our long flight. We were a little disappointed with Miami but not with The Tides.

2  Thank Finleysmum
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Tides for 4 nights in late October including a weekend. We really enjoyed the stay and the room was exactly like the rooms on the Tides website. The room was very large, much larger than the average south beach hotel room, with a fantasic view of the park and beach opposite...and quiet.
What made the experience memorable was the friendliness of the staff. They always recognised us when we were coming and going and offered some good advice on tours etc. I would especially like to recognise Nory and Jozelle on the front desk and valets Alain and Carlos for their help and advice....and friendliness during our stay.
We always enjoyed walking out of the hotel, straight into the south beach action. Walking out through the restaurant always reminded us of the south of france.
While researching hotels in south beach I had read other reviews about loud music from the street and nightclub next door, it was not a problem. While this may have been due to our room being on the 9th floor, the music..and entertainment from the club next door was fun and the entertainment (think priscilla queen of the desert) with the entertainers going out in the street and stopping traffic was hilarious. The music stopped at around 10:30 on the weekend and earlier during the week and was not an issue at all. If you are going to bed earlier than 10:30 then maybe south beach isn't the venue for you.
We fell into a routine of going to the beach early, where they set up lounge chairs, towels and umbrellas for you, followed by a late breakfast ....and late night. One bonus was that it was very close to clubs so we could easily walk home each night.
We are still thinking about our trip and wish we were back at this wonderful hotel. If you want to stay at an art deco hotel that is quiet, well decorated and friendly that is in the thick of things in south beach then I would strongly recommend the Tides. I did a lot of research as Miami is a long way from Sydney and we are glad we chose the Tides.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnofsydney
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Loved The Tides from the moment we arrived in our enormous room and looked at the view of the beach and the ocean from our window. A member of staff arrived shortly after with a yummy signature hotel cocktail and everything was wonderful from there on in. We enjoyed the use of the hotels sumptuous beds on the beach and had a thoroughly relaxing stay at The Tides.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Tides promises a lot. Hip hotel with large rooms in a great SOBE location overlooking the beach with unbeatable service. On two of these is deliver on: Location and large rooms. On Service it does not. We started our Miami holiday at The Betsy just a little further up SOBE. While the rooms may not be very large, the service was exceptional. They could not do enough. By contrast at The Tides, you barely got a recognition in the morning and every request seemed too much effort. All the staff seemed very unhappy about being there. This is certainly not a cool place to be either. Contrast with The Delano further up SOBE and you get a cool crowd in a very cool setting with great music and vibe. The Tides in comparison is dead. Tired decor with no atmosphere at all. If you are looking for a large centrally located functional room this will do. Anything else I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 5th floor or higher and not overlooking The Palace bar.
2  Thank The_lodge1_on_tour
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Watch what they charge you! I paid my stay with a different credit card than the one I gave to them when I checked in and they charged both my credit cards. When I called back to inquire on the charges, they passed me from employ to employ and finally I spoke to one name Ficky who was the most unprofessional, rude, argumentative and belligerent employee I have eve seen in a hotel. Of course he did not help me out and tried to blame the bank. So now I have to deal with the banks and I should not have been put in this position. I usually stay at Eden Rocs, I gave this hotel a chance and look what happened. Besides the fact that the TV was not working, the bed was making noise every time I would turn, the food was way too expensive, the internet was not working, this room was not well maintained and now I have to deal with double charging! If you stay there, be very cautious with your credit cards

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business