I frequent this hotel, and I was there again in early January. This is still my favorite hotel in Sobe, b/c the rooms are wonderful (all with ocean view) and spacious. The location is also ideally situated across the street from the beach and centrally located between south-end shops and restaurants and Lincoln road (and that general area).
With that said, the quality is dropping. The staff is still friendlier and more helpful than most in South Beach (service on the beach is generally awful), but it's not as good as it used to be. My biggest complaint is the peddling that goes on in front of the hotel. This is supposed to be a 4 or 5-star hotel, for God's sake. They have people out front trying to woo passers-by to eat at their restaurant (just like every other dive restaurant on the beach). They have a whiteboard with "specials" and fake entrees sitting out front in an attempt to entice people to dine there. It has the opposite effect on me, as it makes me cringe every time I walk in and out of the hotel. PLEASE STOP, YOU'RE KILLING YOUR BRAND!
Other small things have slipped. When I ordered room service, the jams were SMUCKERS. WHAT? You charge me $50 for an omelette and coffee and you send me smuckers jam in plastic packets?
This hotel used to get all of the little details right. They no longer do, and I hope that the recover. Still a great hotel and the stay is still enjoyable, but they need to recover their lost glory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tides South Beach is an iconic hotel located on Ocean Drive, just steps from the crystal water of the Atlantic Ocean and Miami’s most exciting dining and nightlife locations. Originally built in 1936, the hotel’s architecture is rich with Art Deco influences, creating a nostalgic environment for The Tides’ unique brand of modern luxury. The Tides features forty-four stylish luxury suites all offering expansive ocean views. Spacious hotel accommodations range from Oceanfront Studio Suites of 550 square feet to the 2,600 square foot Tides Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Tides South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King And Grove Tides
- King & Grove Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Miami Beach
- The Tides South Beach Miami Beach, Florida