“Just Brilliant!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
london
“Just Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

I do not usually write reviews but for this hotel I had to!

All the other great reviews on here about the hotel looking super are true. The design is great. The rooms are really good - we had an ocean front premier suite and they have the most amazing view. The rooms also have a walk in wardrobe and sitting area. The only slight draw back is that it can be noisy but then your on Ocean Drive - it's what you'd expect!

The location is fantastic and the beach is lovely with free umbrella, chairs and towels. The pool is nice, not huge but big enough and it was never really busy, so it was not a problem.

The real bonus and reason we will definitely come back to this hotel is for the staff. I honestly felt like I was leaving family by the end of our stay. They are attentive to your every need, they were great with our 2 year old daughter, there was champers and chocolate strawberries in the room (it was our honeymoon) and also chocolates after I complained about the loudest man ever to live who must have woke the whole hotel! There wasn't anything that was too much for them. You are also given free water as its so hot!!

I have to give mention to certain staff, who I felt did above and beyond. The management deserve a clap for hiring and training these staff and for letting them be themselves and do their job so well. And to the staff - they were the best we'd ever met. Keep doing what your doing! Cesar was out fav and just brilliant, followed closely by Leslie, Alexandra, Hiedi, Maria, Francesco, Alan, then there were the ones who we just met like Marcho. They all did a fantastic job.

Simply great - I recommened anyone to go.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheTides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and recommendation of The Tides from your recent visit with us. We were truly pleased that we exceeded your service expectations and that our colleagues were successful in touching your heart and soul.

Thank you for especially recognizing Cesar Molina, Food and Beverage Supervisor, Lesley Hansack, Guest Service Agent, Alexandra Erbite, Server, Heidi Lisenbee, Personal Assistant, Francisco Silva, Personal Assistant, Alan Trigoura, Guest Service Agent, and Marcho Wittingham, Server. Their passion for going above and beyond for our guests is exemplary and is without a doubt the backbone to our success.

We regret that you were inconvenienced due to noise pollution from a neighboring guest but was pleased to know our colleagues were able to swiftly resolve this matter.

Once again, congratulations on your recent nuptials. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back soon.

In the interim, we remain at your service.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

The location and appearance are worth 5-stars on TripAdvisor. Staff are generally quite helpful as well. Downsides: the hotel is noisy and the parking attendants are careless.

I would have given more stars on review, but I had a complaint and they did nothing to resolve it, related to parking. Very surprising in such a nice hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TheTides, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most candid feedback with us. We were pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

However, I regret to learn that you were disappointed to learn we did not resolve the valet parking incident to your satisfaction. I kindly ask that you contact me personally at 305 604 5019 or at brianna.osterberger@thetidesresorts.com so I may regain your confidence with us.

I look forward to hearing from you and to being of service.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

The Tides is an excellent hotel in every respect. Stylish design, perfect maintenance, efficiency and attention to detail down to the smallest aspects, extremely friendly and truly welcoming staff. Highly recommended. The only two caveats are the food at the restaurant (which does not fully live up in quality to the high ambitions of the place) and the beds (which have much too soft mattresses for my taste).

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous thoughts about your recent stay with us. We were delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your South Beach experience at The Tides.

We were disappointed to learn your dining experience at La Marea did not exceed your high expectations. Please be advised I have shared your feedback with Gonzalo Rivera, our Executive Chef so that he continues the focus on ensuring the quality of food is in keeping with our venerable reputation.

We have recently purchased new mattresses for our beds and assure your return visit will result in a more peaceful slumber. We lookforward to welcoming you home soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

My huband and I took our post-baby vacation here at the Tides. It was perfect in every way! Our room overlooked the ocean, and those rooms have a fantastic view of the whole strip! It is worth it to pay a little extra for the ocean view, as the view behind the hotel is not as nice. The suite had a walk in closet, spacious bathroom, and huge bedroom/living area. Only drawback is that the bathroom is not private - there is a glass window between the shower and the bed, which is artfully screened by open woodwork, but you can still see through. And the toilet is open too - no privacy there! Even with the door closed, you can still see through the shower window. However, that did not bother us very much. The pool is relaxing, although service out there is SLOW...we arrived early in the week so it was very quiet on the Strip in general. Restaurant is good, but slow also in the early week. Having a private area for the hotel on the ocean is also great! Free towels, lounge chairs, and umbrella! And they will watch your stuff for you if you need to run back and get a mojito, etc. We will definitely be coming back here - Jose Lema, the guest coordinator, did an excellent job of coordinating our dinner reservations and helped us find a deep sea fishing excursion at the last minute. Absolutely wonderful!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TSBManager, Manager at The Tides South Beach, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most helpful feedback from your stay with us.

Please be advised we do provide suites with a closed off bathroom area which offers more privacy if desired.

I was truly disappointed to learn that our Food and Beverage colleagues did not exceed your expectations in respect to providing prompt service both at La Marea and poolside. In my follow up with Steven Rauscher, Director of Food and Beverage, I have expressed the importance of timely service to prevent further guest dissatisfaction.

I have shared your comments with all of our colleagues and have given special recognition to Jose Lema, Guest Services Manager,, for going above and beyond to assist with your last minute excursion requests.

Once again, thank you for your thought and we look forward to welcoming you home soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

My partner and I stayed here for one night during a 2 week stay in the USA during this time we stayed at 2 other hotels that where very good indeed but the tides stands head and shoulders above them and even though I have been home for 3 weeks now as I sit here at my boring desk in work I am thinking about that wonderful hotel!! I need to mention Robin in this review as he was fantastic and made me feel so welcome in the short space of time I was speaking with him, and even though he was leaving for a few days off he said that if I needed anything just get the staff to call him! I mean who really does that! I won’t go into all the details as why this hotel is the best in Miami (the world?) just read the many reviews below. But I will say this if you are visiting Miami then stay at the Tides you won’t be disappointed!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most rewarding and humbling feedback from your stay with us. It is most gratifying to know that your experience was seamless and your unforgettable memories from your visit have followed you home.

Your generous comments have been shared with all of our colleagues and we have especially thanked Robin Gaton, Guest Services Supervisor, for touching your heart and soul.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

My wife and I stayed there for July 4th and it was great. The room was well decorated and we had a great view of the ocean (we were in a 2nd floor room, which is the lowest level guest room so I'm sure the higher floors have an even better view). The staff was great too. The hotel is directly across from the ocean on Ocean Drive (you need to cross the street to get to the beach). The Tides has chairs and umbrellas for guest use.

The location is great - walking distance to everything. The hotel is expensive, but it was worth it for the experience. You can't go wrong staying here.

Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

Not much more I can add to the previous reviews. Shirley is fantastic. Staff seem to know when you need them and when to drop back. We ate at the restaurant only once and have to say the service was a notch down. Friendly but lacking in polish. In line with other places on the drive but not the same as in the hotel

• Stayed July 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We pride ourselves on providing personalized, intuitive, service and are proud to have achieved this with you. We have especially recognized Sheerley Castro, Personal Assistant, for the fantastic job she did in touching your heart and soul.

I regret that the service level at La Marea failed to meet your expectations and I have shared this feedback with Steven Rauscher, Director of Food and Beverage, so he may strive to achieve the caliber of service that is evident in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, we remain at your service.