I do not usually write reviews but for this hotel I had to!
All the other great reviews on here about the hotel looking super are true. The design is great. The rooms are really good - we had an ocean front premier suite and they have the most amazing view. The rooms also have a walk in wardrobe and sitting area. The only slight draw back is that it can be noisy but then your on Ocean Drive - it's what you'd expect!
The location is fantastic and the beach is lovely with free umbrella, chairs and towels. The pool is nice, not huge but big enough and it was never really busy, so it was not a problem.
The real bonus and reason we will definitely come back to this hotel is for the staff. I honestly felt like I was leaving family by the end of our stay. They are attentive to your every need, they were great with our 2 year old daughter, there was champers and chocolate strawberries in the room (it was our honeymoon) and also chocolates after I complained about the loudest man ever to live who must have woke the whole hotel! There wasn't anything that was too much for them. You are also given free water as its so hot!!
I have to give mention to certain staff, who I felt did above and beyond. The management deserve a clap for hiring and training these staff and for letting them be themselves and do their job so well. And to the staff - they were the best we'd ever met. Keep doing what your doing! Cesar was out fav and just brilliant, followed closely by Leslie, Alexandra, Hiedi, Maria, Francesco, Alan, then there were the ones who we just met like Marcho. They all did a fantastic job.
Simply great - I recommened anyone to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tides South Beach is an iconic hotel located on Ocean Drive, just steps from the crystal water of the Atlantic Ocean and Miami’s most exciting dining and nightlife locations. Originally built in 1936, the hotel’s architecture is rich with Art Deco influences, creating a nostalgic environment for The Tides’ unique brand of modern luxury. The Tides features forty-four stylish luxury suites all offering expansive ocean views. Spacious hotel accommodations range from Oceanfront Studio Suites of 550 square feet to the 2,600 square foot Tides Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your The Tides South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King And Grove Tides
- King & Grove Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Hotel Miami Beach
- Tides Miami Beach
- The Tides South Beach Miami Beach, Florida