“Great value and sensational location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Villa Paradiso
Ranked #108 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Waterloo, Canada
“Great value and sensational location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Location, location, LOCATION! With great access to the beach, shopping, art deco heritage, and restaurants galore we were able to enjoy our visit to South Beach, Miami the moment we arrived. We were welcomed to our suite that was spotlessly clean, spacious enough for two and had the advantage of a small kitchen so that we had the option of 'eating in' periodically. /The air conditioner is a bit noisy, as it was right by the bed, but it is noisy anywhere in this location due to round-the-clock traffic. Slept well regardless as the bed was very comfortable. Flavia was very helpful in arranging our taxi ride back to the airport at the end of our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiniVaycay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

My GF and I were in town for the annual Watch Fair and Antique Show last year and while staying at South Seas (also a fantastic place but was full), we walked by this little spot. My GF saw it and fell in love with it's "cuteness" and, as we could see inside the front suite, noticed it was very inviting, clean, light, airy, and spacious. Sooooo, this year, on a budget for a change, we decided to book in for the week. I AM SO GLAD WE DID. Location is amazing! Go out the back and half a block is Ocean Dr., the local Sbucks (I know, I know, but it's right there!), and 3 more minutes and you are on the beach. We booked an upstairs 2-bedroom which had a very usable kitchen and saved a ton getting local groceries and cooking at least one meal a day. AT SOBE prices, that saved us $500-$600 over the 8 eight days. Never hurts to spend less and still have an amazing time.

I love this place. Someday I want to own a place just like this. Small enough to know each guest intimately yet roomy and spacious enough to allow for a delightful stay and make some money while you do it.

Bravo Villa Paradiso. We had a blast!

Room Tip: I think they are all good. Our was #15 I think, upstairs in the back. Alley was a tad noisy in the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank michael f
Lancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great intimate setting close to all the action and beach. We really lucked out on this one. I don't know what we would change. Nice rooms at a fair price, and a beautiful little courtyard to relax. Service was exceptional, and everything you need is close by. The kitchen was nice to cook if you want to, but too many great restaurants close by to stay in.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which had a nice balcony in the rear. No elevator, but no problem for...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drago014
detroit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here based on other tripadvisor reviews and it was great.
We are super active and use our room mostly for sleep and to freshen up.
The rest of our stay was taking in all the South Beach has to offer so why
spend big $$$ on a room when your never there.
Great location 1 block off the main strip. Nice little courtyard to relax
at night with a drink and watch people shuffle by.
Rooms are small but have everything you need for a short or longer stay.
Kitchen, dining room and bathroom were more then adequate.
Parking at garages down the street were fine @ 25 per day but that's what you expect.
Who needs a pool when South Beach is a block away?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Practically perfect in every way!

I stayed here in January of 2014. Good things are many about this property. The rooms were clean and spacious. Mine was on the lower floor, and had bedroom/dining room and full kitchen. It was a very pretty room, and always well maintained and cleaned. The wifi is free, and worked reasonably well. Never was out, and I didn't have a problem in logging on.

Location wise, this is a 5 min walk from the beach, and smack dab in the Art Deco area of South Beach. Close to many restaurants, bistros, and walking distance to Lincoln Road Mall ( 15 mins). Construction of a Walgreens (full service drugstore/ with cheap food sales) is happening across the street, and that will provide the ultimate of convenience for those staying here. It is relatively short taxi ride to the Miami International Airport as well. It's a flat fare, however. I wasn't bothered by the traffic, as I stayed at the rear of the property. Security was good--cameras visible and covered both exits.

The price I paid was excellent for all of the above.

For me, two slight downsides, and they are relatively minor. The kitchen in my room had a gas powered stove/oven, and no microwave. If not familiar with using a natural gas appliance, the lack of a microwave is a bit inconvenient. However, it definitely isn't a deal breaker. The property isn't fully accessible. Even on the ground floor, you need to walk up 3 or 4 stairs to access your suite.

All of that being said..this is still a gem of a property, and I would stay here in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellingMan999
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I brought my seven and nine year old to Miami for the boat show last week and stayed here. It's location is perfect, the price was fair and the room was clean. The rooms have full kitchens and it is a block from the beach so it is perfect for families. I recommend it highly, and I look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tønsberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend spent 10 days at the Villa Paradiso hotel last august.
It has a great location right in the middle of all the things to do in South Beach. It turned out as quite the oasis of calmness for us amidst the hectic and noisy streets of SoBe.

The staff was very friendly and especially a nice woman named Judith went out of her way to make our stay comfortable, giving us pointers about what to see and do. Thanks to her and the others we got to do everything we wanted while in Miami.

Rooms are clean with comfortable beds. Staff cleaned our room every morning. Nothing fancy but more than adequate for us. Only negative I can point out is that the AC was a bit loud but it didn't bother us much.

If you want a hotel right in the middle of SoBe, close to the beach, shopping and restaurants - the VP is a good choice for you. Recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple