“South Beach Paradise!”

Ranked #114 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Drogheda, Ireland
“South Beach Paradise!”
Reviewed 17 January 2007

Stayed here for 5 nights in Aug 06. It looks tiny from the outside but I was extremely happy with our room. It felt like an apartment that we owed. Tastefully decorated and very comforable. The location was perfect. Around the corner from the beach and a couple of blocks from Lincoln Road. We felt very secure day and night. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would return here if we were ever to go back to S.B. Oh, and go and get a slice of pizza in Pizza Rustica, its sexy as hell!

• Liked — The room was amazing.
  • Disliked — We didnt spend long enough there!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dingdongwongbong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 15 November 2006

This past weekend I was in Miami for the Bang Music Festival. It was kind of a last minute trip because my boyfriend surprised me with tickets just a few days before the event.

I spent 2 days searching online for a hotel since I know how terrible the hotels in Miami can actually be! If you've been to Miami, you know the lobby photos and decor can be a far cry from what your actual room will look like.

I stumbled across this site and after reading alot of the reviews here, I decided to give Villa Paradiso a try and I'm so happy I did!

Luckily they still had a room available and at an extremely reasonable price.

The smart hosts at the hotel gave us the corner room 3...the room right up front by the gate and since we were coming and going at such late hours this was perfect not to disturb anyone else in the hotel.

There were only two of us but this room could have slept 6 easy! It had a queen size bed in the bedroom, a very large sofa in the little living room, a day bed in the room next to the kitchen and the little kitchenette led outside to a balcony that was perfect for the after dinner smoke and cocktail! And the garden area out front was lush, pretty and very serene dispite being right on Collins Ave.

Charming, comfy and cute. I will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Zandalay
Virginia
Reviewed 13 September 2006

I stayed at the Villa Paradiso with 3 friends in May. I initially read about the hotel in a reputable travel magazine and figured we'd try it out because it was one of the places that offered larger rooms with complete kitchens and a dining area. The Staff was helpful, friendly and accommodating. The location can't be beat. Its right aroud the corner from the beach and walking distance to just about everywhere you'd want to go including nightlife, shopping, restaurants etc. Its right in the heart of everything but you'd never know it once you step inside the lush, quiet courtyard.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No Pool
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled with friends
4 Thank Nomad22
Washington, DC
Reviewed 4 July 2006

I visited South Beach with a group of five 22 & 23 year-old girls for three nights and four days. We were visiting a sorority sister who had moved to Miami for grad school and we had a blast! We were there from April 28 to May 1, 2006 and the weather was amazing; not too hot, but pleasantly warm. The five of us stayed at Villa Paradiso and it was the absolute perfect hotel!

Location: This hotel was only a block walk from the beach and it was on Collins Ave., so it was in a great area. Plus there was a gas station/convenience store right across a street and a hotel bar with "Buy one get one free" drink specials every night.

Cost: $575 for three nights for a place that fit five girls (plus our 6th friend on the couch) comfortably. From all of the reviews I read, I thought that the hotels in South Beach are dirty, tiny rooms that can barely fit two people, much less five! Villa Paradiso resembled an apartment that was very nicely decorated, clean, and had plenty of sleeping space. An added plus was that it had a kitchen, so that you could make your own food if you were low on cash (because eating in Miami is expensive!).

Negatives: There was no pool, but we were so close to the beach that it didn't really matter. When I made reservations a month in advance I told them I had five people staying and when we checked in there was no note of five, only four, so there was no extra cot for the fifth girl. We were told that the maid would bring one up the next day but when we returned there was no cot and when we spoke to the front office, she told me that it was too late (6pm) and she didn't have the keys to get one for us. So we had to get up the next morning and remind them again and then we finally had the cot for the last night. It was still pretty comfortable for five girls even without the extra cot.

Other than not having the cot, the experience was amazing and I would recommend Villa Paradiso to anyone who does not want to spend that much, wants to be in the center of everything, but also close to the beach!

I also wanted to suggest some of the restaurants to go to...
Jaguar on 3067 Grand Ave. in Coconut Grove had awesome food, as well as, Cafe Med which was right on the South Beach Ocean strip. Although both were quite expensive.

9 Thank superfig
New York
Reviewed 2 June 2006

This being my first time in South Beach I did not really know what to expect although I've heard many tales of South Beach Boutique hotels, I was a bit nervous of what I would encounter. My experience was ok. They have a wonderful outdoor patio.

The room itself was clean and welcoming. There was also a kitchen which my friends and I did not use (many restaurants in the area) seemed fine. My main issue was the bathroom. The shower head was terribly rusted and the walls had mold and mildew and the tub looked like it had not been cleaned in years. I do not ask for much when travelling especially from a budget hotel, there is however one thing that I do expect which is cleanliness of both the sleeping area and the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is wonderful and the bus stops regularly on Washington Ave. that can take you to Downtown Miami. There's a cool diner across the street and two super short blocks away the beach and ocean drive.

I would recommend this place to someone because of its fantastic location and price and if you don't mind showering with your flip-flops.

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank RosiNYC
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 May 2006

We stayed at Villa Paradiso for 3 nights while in South Beach. The staff was friendly and helpful with recommendations. Room was large includes a kitchenette, sitting area with bistro table, closet space and small bathroom. The bathroom needed a little updating and maintenance but overall was decent.

We stayed a couple of terraces down from Collins ave, so the noise wasn't bad at all. We also had the airconditioning each night, so I am sure that muffled some of the street noise.

This hotel is very convenient to Lincoln Road (3 blocks away) and to the beach (2 blocks). We also caught a play at the Jackie Gleason Theater which was also within walking distance(5 blocks). I highly recommend this hotel, we paid in the low 100s per night.

The hotel also has a very cute breezeway patio area. Not good for people watching as it does not front Collins but it is great to have some outside time without being in the blistering sun.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 April 2006

I highly recommend Villa Paradiso if you're looking for a place with character that's conveniently located and fairly quiet. My friend, my daughter, and I stayed there for one night, and we were pleased with the roominess of our accommodations. Nothing fancy but very clean with a living room, dining room, and kitchen. We had a queen bed, a queen fold out bed, and a twin roll away bed. The room was originally an efficiency apartment and had hardwood floors and French doors. The hotel is one block from the beach and walking distance to Lincoln Rd. shopping and the nightlife of South Beach. There's no pool, but who needs one when you're so close to the beach?! A good value!

• Stayed April 2006