My husband and I were booked for 4 nights in Feb 2011, but stayed only 1 because we both immediately decided that we had to get out! We booked early and were promised an oceanfront room. We didn't get the oceanfront room, but got an intercostal dingy apartment with enough room to sleep at least 7. The floor was wet and sticky and the kitchen had a disturbing smell. The master bed was concave and was likely at least 20 years old. In fact, the entire room smelled and looked like it had not been updated since the 80s.
The pictures online are misleading. This is not a 4 star hotel. I would rate the caliber that of a 30 dollar a night cheap hotel. If you are a group of college students looking for a place to party and to sleep off a hang over then this is the place for you. If you are expecting to spend a few days away with the finer things in life then run away as fast as you can.
The pool is small and unimpressive. The gym does not deserve the title gym. Service is poor. Front desk clerk couldn't care less that we were unhappy. Manager doesn't like to pick up calls and doesn't return messages.
So, if you are looking for a huge place to party without regard to style and cleanliness then this is the place for you. It is perhaps suitable for a large family with small kids as well (you might complain about the cleanliness). This is not for the couple looking for a nice romantic get away at an unscale hotel. This hotel...motel.. is not upscale.
Good luck. I hope that I have helped one person avoid a horrible decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious luxury Miami Beach suites accommodations ranging in size from 920 to 1250 square feet, including a master bedroom with attached master bathroom, full kitchen, living and dining room, and a terrace that offers magnificent views of either Miami’s Inter-coastal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.The Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Resort is a tropical paradise set on an acre of lush gardens with exotic flowers. Relax by our two lagoon-shaped swimming pools or opt for a private poolside cabana. Miami Beach is just steps away where you can sink your toes into the powder-white sands, soak up the sun, and listen to the waves lap along the shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Hotel Miami Beach
- Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Resort
- Alexander All Suite Oceanfront Hotel
- The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort Miami Beach, Florida