“Just wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Just wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We arrived at the Hotel Impala after a late flight and very very long taxi ride. We were greeted by friendly staff at reception who advised that we had been upgraded to there best suite! After helping take our luggage up the stairs we were shown to the suite. WOW! It included a bedroom with a sitting area, a spacious lounge room with the balcony overlooking the busy street below and a lovely clean bathroom. We had a great stay at Hotel Impala, the location was great and I loved the little bar next door offering well priced happy hour cocktails. And the coffee machine was an added bonus, I'm now dropping hints for my next birthday ;-)

Special thanks to the girls at reception who helped my husband find a doctor, you both went out of your way to help and calm him during a stressful time.

I'd recommend Hotel Impala to anyone travelling to South Beach Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

This 17 room hotel has newly renovated with beautiful bathrooms and wonderful linens. It is the type of place where you can shower after a run or a few hours at the beach and just lie in bed and veg out for a while with no regrets. The hotel staff was incredible responsive and engaging in conversation. I look forward to staying here again. As advertised by the hotel, they got me a gym pass to the local crunch for three days that really added value to my stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed with my best friend from june 28-july 2 2012. Excellent room, clean and modern, bedding comfortable. The only negative was the bathtub hot and cold knobs didnt work, water was extremely hot. The phone also didnt work in our room, I used my cell phone to call the front desk. But we were less than one block from the beach, this location is close to almost everything in South Beach......we enjoyed this trip!

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Impala Hotel and for helping us improve!

Please accept our apologies for the bad experience you had with our bathtub. Only a few rooms have tubs and due to various reasons, it is the only part of the hotel’s renovation project that was not completed on time and that is still ongoing. We do expect all bathrooms to be completely renovated very soon.

Concerning the phone, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and would like to inform you that this issue has now been fixed.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you ever come back to Miami, as I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and make a better impression!

Christelle Tropina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is my first tripadvisor review but I felt the need to write because the newly renovated Hotel Impala treated us so well! We received a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Room 100 was so spacious, super comfy bed, great AC and great lighting! The lighting in hotel rooms usually isn't good.This is my first tripadvisor review but I felt the need to write because the newly renovated Hotel Impala treated us so well! We received a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Room 100 was so spacious, super comfy bed, great AC and great lighting! The lighting in hotel rooms usually isn't good. If you are looking for a fairly priced, comfortable, clean hotel you've found it. There's no pool, but arent you in SoBe for the beach, anyway? We hate that! If you are looking for a fairly priced, comfortable, clean hotel you've found it. There's no pool, but arent you in SoBe for the beach, anyway? Stay at Impala Hotel and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012
Neptune Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a lovely small hotel, very clean, nice rooms and in the heart of South Beach.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. 24 hours service. Pet friendly. Not a lot of green space for pets doing their business, but 3 blocks from the park and walking is all on side walks. Very close to all the great food and action.

Room Tip: Stay in the rear away from the street and it will be nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dreamtraverler2011
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I m from Miami and I needed to stay few days in an hotel . I was looking for a charming hotel near to the beach and walking distance from everything. I was really happy staying at the Impala hotel. It s a small quiet hotel with nice decoration and totally renovated. The bed are very confortable and the room was clean. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Impala hotel would be my first choice if I need again an accomodation near the beach :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed for 1 night at the Impala Hotel after a 2 weeks cruise. I wanted to visit South Beach before flying back to Europe and wanted a quiet hotel. I must say I was extremely happy with my choice! The location couldn’t be better, the ocean was 1 block away and I could walk everywhere. The hotel is very intimate and quiet and most importantly very clean. They just reopened after renovating the place and I really loved what they did with the rooms. Beds were really comfortable and service was impeccable. They have an Italian restaurant that was amazing too. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple