Impala Hotel
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
US$421
  • Beachfront
Chesterfield Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$226
  • Bar/Lounge
US$221
US$204
US$345
US$314
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$241
US$204
  • Beachfront
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$244
US$209
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$604
US$417
galahotels.com
  • Pool
Red South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$209
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach bagocean drivein south beachmediterranean feelfront deskno elevatorboutique hotelsmall hotelcontinental breakfastvalet parkingcollins avenueperfect locationthe ground floora wonderful stayfirst floorwould definitely stay here againrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Impala for one night after a cruise and found the hotel very nice. Romain, who was working the front desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. He went out of his way to help us in any way he could. I would recommend this hotel when staying in South Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Christelle T, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

It is always a pleasure to see the staff's names in our guests reviews, and I am pleased to see that once more, Romain has been providing impeccable service to our lovely guests!
Thank you for sharing this great review and please come back again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a fairly frequent traveler & it takes quite a bit for me to be impressed. I choose the Impala based solely on the great reviews here & everything mentioned here is true. My first impression of the hotel was the very helpful & sweet front desk person, .Saritha, who guided me through multiple travel plan changes without a complaint. Arriving late(at around 2 AM in the morning) after a flight delay, I was met by another very helpful person at the front desk Kristopher, who made sure that I was comfortably settled in my room in minutes. Really, the staff there make all the difference. Every single time I had a question, wanted directions to a place or needed a printout of something, Saritha & Kristopher were more than glad to help. I only had to ask;)

Other great things..the perfect location, lovely clean bathroom, huge comfy bed & a very generous continental breakfast. Also the room had everything..coffee maker, safe & a small fridge( the first 2 bottles of water were free) I absolutely loved that I could walk everywhere, and come back from all the bars & restaurants on Ocean Avenue within 10 minutes. Perfect little gem of a place!

Room Tip: The hotel has 17 rooms..choose one near the lobby(in the 100s) to be close to everything!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank manasi_kar

What a heartwarming review! Thank you so much for sharing this great experience! It means so much to us! On behalf of the entire team...THANK YOU!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Impala was a very nice hotel, and an oasis wedged between the goings and comings of Washington Ave. and the uber-hotels further up on Collins Ave.

The location is perfect, a block away from the beach, a few blocks from the shopping lower down on Collins, and a few blocks from the restaurants and bars on Espinola and further up.

I won't say the room itself was amazing, because although I liked my bed, the appearance of the place itself left a bit to be desired. Maybe a contemporary interior designer with a Mediterranean-bent could liven the place up a bit? To be fair, this is the case with the interiors of a lot of hotels on Miami Beach.

The shower, on the other hand, was very well appointed. It was all stone and brass. I loved the shower and the sink, and even got myself a couple of compliments from a few friends that stopped by from the Loews.

The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. Say what you want about hotels, but staff are what make a service business a pleasure to experience, and this place had the guys. Helped me find the restaurants I wanted, helped me order a cab and kept the driver from leaving when I was late in returning from brunch. Very much a pleasure to work with.

I would certainly consider staying at the Impala if find myself back in Miami in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tayo O

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the decor was not to your liking, but that overall you had a pleasant experience with the beds, shower and staff! Everybody is appreciative of your kind comments and hope you will return to see us very soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We chose this hotel as we wanted somewhere small and quiet off the main drag as I don't like big noisy hotels. This really suited us. There was a municipal car park on 12th so we planned to use that rather than the hotel valet. We arrived in the middle of a massive thunderstorm so we drove directly to the hotel hoping to use their valet but unfortunately, as with a lot of South Beach, the seemingly neglect footpath/road works prevented pulling in front of the hotel. We had to turn back then and use the car park. This turned out fine as we didn't move the car for the 3 days we were there at $20 a day. When the rain eased off we made a dash for the hotel and the very pleasant female receptionist must have felt sorry for us arriving in a bit wet as she upgraded us to their grand suite and it was fabulous, like our own mini condo. The room had a beautiful, spacious bathroom, a good sized living room and a bedroom with dressing room and a small balcony with loungers. It suited us perfectly for our short stay and I would highly recommend the Impala for anyone looking for a lovely, quiet, small hotel in busy South Beach.

Room Tip: Obviously the grand suite was a bonus but I think all the other rooms were great too, very European style.
1  Thank Julie P

Thank you so much for sharing this great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your room! Regarding the parking, because of temporary constructions on Collins avenue (not affecting the tranquility of the hotel of course), valet parking has been moved half a block away but you can still use it of course!
Thank you again, everything you describe is what we strive for and we are delighted to know we've succeeded! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our trip throughout South Florida. We typically stay at the W in South Beach; however, a colleague recommended the Impala for a great boutique hotel experience. Initially, I was very impressed with the decor and cleanliness. The hotel appeared small, quaint, and cozy. We enjoyed our stay until we encountered the extremely crude and unmannerly hotel receptionist in the morning of checkout. We approached the front desk to inquire about the breakfast options. We observed the receptionist playing video games on his cell phone with a completely lack of attention. After he discovered we wanted to ask a question, it appeared as if he was highly disturbed at the interruption of the latest "Angry Birds" game. We asked about the breakfast and he aggressively rebutted in a thick French accent, "Look, you go to the restaurant and sit down like any other place!" He then asked sarcastically, "What do you do in a restaurant?" We only inquired about the details of the breakfast because the hotel and restaurant are two separate businesses; one wouldn't naturally deduce that you enter a different business to eat breakfast. Perhaps if this had been explained to us, we wouldn't have needed to interrupt his video games. I told him I didn't appreciate his sarcasm and he evolved into belligerence. He told us he possessed two Masters degrees in hospitality and tourism. He also told us that he was best friends with him and would disregard a negative critique, Lastly, the receptionist stated we "didn't pay his salary because we booked our reservation through Expedia indicating that we were "inferior guests." It is odd that the prices on Expedia and the Impala's direct website are the exact same. I recommend that the receptionist take some classes in social skill training and customer service etiquette. I will never stay at the Impala again.

13  Thank Thomas M

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I cannot begin to apologize as this is clearly unacceptable. First of all, please be aware that the employee in question is no longer working with us, and I am terribly sorry for his attitude. We strive on excellent customer service, this is what differentiates us from everyone else and we are doing everything we can to have the best team in place at all times. Obviously we failed to live up to our usual standards and this is a mistake that will never take place again. Necessary actions to prevent this from happening again have already been taken, as this is something we take very seriously. Whether you book on Expedia or directly through us makes no difference, all of our guests are treated equally please be reassured of that!
I truly hope that one day you will give us a chance to make a better impression as we know we can do so much better as this was unfortunately an exception, not a habit.
Thank you for sharing this and helping us improve!