“Undiscovered South Beach Treasure”
Review of The Marlin Hotel

The Marlin Hotel
Ranked #7 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 4 April 2012

So I was planning a spontaneous trip for a long weekend to Miami with my wife. I could not find a decent hotel that weekend. Apparently some big convention or event was going on. I usually stay at the Delano, or the W Hotel but they were both fully booked. A friend of mine that leaves in Miami Beach told me to check out the Marlin Hotel. My first reaction was…I never even heard of it so I am doubt it will be good. My friend told me the Marlin is a precious secret super luxury hotel that has just been fully renovated (and completely rewired electronically) and that I should really try it. I did not have other options so I decided to do it.

We finally arrived at the Marlin and this little boutique hotel was amazing. We checked in at a private VIP style check in office. We received a brand new iPad (Yes iPad) upon check in that became our “go to” device for anything we needed in the room. This iPad controlled the A/C, lights, TV, and everything else that was electrically powered in the room. The room itself was amazing too. Super luxury. My wife and I were joking how we felt a little guilty being pampered by such luxury on our mini-vacation.

Apparently this hotel is known among celebrities and well-known musicians who come to South Beach and want to maintain some privacy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiterunner18

Reviewed 1 April 2012

If I had stayed only 3 nights I would have given this hotel the highest rating there is. The location, room, and friendly hosts were amazing. However, as described, there is a recording studio on the ground floor, with only two floors of rooms above. The problem was on my last, fourth night. We came home early for a Saturday night (midnight) as we had to catch a flight and leave the hotel by 8am the next morning. My friend and I were in a room on the second floor. At around 12:30am - RAP recording STARTED. The base beat was unbearable, the bed was actually shaking. IT DID NOT STOP UNTIL 7AM! No lie- 7 HOURS straight of rap recording- one story below where we were trying to get sleep. I don't understand why this is allowed and acceptable- its just not practical or fair for paying hotel customers. I wanted to cry but was completely helpless. I understand the appeal and edge and vibe that the studio creates, but how about studio hours? 12AM - 7AM straight??? Unreal.
If anyone feels they absolutely must stay here, I strongly recommend you request a room on the 3rd floor.. The second floor is too risky- unless you are a really really sound sleeper or just plan to be passed out each night.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank KBKB23
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is almost the definition of Boutique. Incredible decoration, mixed with the local architecture. The rooms are very confortable, modern, trendy. I wish I had stayed longer. The lobby is also pretty cool and the service is very prompt and polite. Next time I come to Miami I'll definitly stay there!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliveiraPorto
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Excellent location, AMAZING environment and very friendly staff! Definitely the best spot to stay in South Beach! Ipad controlled high tech rooms, the TV behind the mirror, breathe taking Music Studio, running into celebrities in hotel hallways and having the best treatment from the friendly staff was fan-tas-tic!! We will pick Marlin anytime we go to Miami.. no doubt!!
Cant wait for the next visit!!

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic..
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2012

After recent renovation the Marlin Hotel is one the best places to stay in South Beach Miami. The staff is very kind and assist you with everything you need. The rooms are very clean and with the ultimate audio & video electronics. The location is excelent and the rates are reasonable for what the hotel offers. I stayed there in last January 2012 and intend to return soon with my wife. There is a famous recording studio at the street level, The South Beach Studio, one of the most famous recording studios in the USA. It deserves a guided tour. Please ask the manager to guide you there when they are not recording.

Room Tip: The third floor is the best, but all rooms are excellent. The best silent rooms are at the rear of t...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My Girlfriend and I stayed here last month and this is by far the coolest hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff is so friendly and they truly try to make you feel like you are staying at home. I have stayed a lot of places on south beach and the service has never compared to the Marlin's service. The service compares to level of service you get in Vegas. The rooms are very nice and you control your entire room and tv with an ipad you get a checkin. The bed was just as comfortable as my bed at home and the location is awesome to because you can walk to many shops and restaurants so you do not have to get in a taxi all the time. We will be staying here again at the end of March as well and I cant wait!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BRANDONS827
Walid S, Manager at The Marlin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

On behalf of the entire Marlin Hotel staff we like to thank you for the great feed back, we truly enjoyed having you stay with us.
Hope to see you very soon.
Walid.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Really spacious rooms, which was a nice change from the standard matchbox sized hotel rooms one gets these days. Technically progressive, including surround sound and a huge TV screen that mysteriously appeared from within the room mirror. The bathroom, like the hotel room, was spacious and well thought out. Overall it was a great stay in a what I know to be a South Beach game changing destination. Great!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends