“Mini Summer Vaction”

Ranked #8 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fairfax, Virginia
“Mini Summer Vaction”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I waant to mention one special employee who was amazing.His name is D Haye. He the night manager at the Marlin Hotel. @ first when i first met him he had alot of questions for me. i checked in the hotel @ 7 30 pm and he wasnt there . Me and my friends went out that first night and came back late after midnight and his shift has began. After i told him that we me and my friends staying here then he welcomed us showed us around the hotel . i didint mind all the questions he had because he has never seen me before and was doing his job i totally understood that. through out the whole trip he helped me and my friends out. He is not only professional but really nice guy. He best one to do the job he working right now.i learned some good lessons from him.

Now when we first me and my friends checke in we were welcome by Alex. He took our luggae out the car, open the door for us and checked us in. it was a verry easy and simple process. we had a rental so we asked him about parking . he gave us 3 different options. we decided to go with vallet parking which was about $32.00 per day. Only thing i didint like about that was that it takes them 15 mins to bring the car back to hotel bc they park it far. you have to gives them a heads before you want your car. the room was amazing. I loved the decor, size, specially the ipad which controlled everything in the room from blinds to lights to ac to art to mood.there room cleaning service was amazing, they did good job. every time i came back to my room it was clean and they even folded my laundry that i left on the floor. the negative was that this had no pool, no spa, no views . but i would def go back to Marlin hotel when i go back to miami next time.over all i would give this hotel 9/10.I would like to thank everyone there for welcoming me there and treating me and my friends like a vip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Wonderful staff, specifically Daniella, Jeff, Alex, and Dameon!!! There was only one guy I didn't bother to ask his name because he didn't bother to do ANYTHING on shift right before Dameon. The other people I named at the front desk were AMAZING! Stayed here for three days, ipad controls everything in the room, love the bed love the glass showers and bathroom, love the tv in the mirror, the soundproof rooms!!! You could have a party in your room and no one would even know. No car needed you are 5mins from the beach and anything you need. All of the food in the area is great! Awesome weather! The front door to the hotel does require a code which I LIKED because of the small percentage of people walking around miami either tripping out or drunk they like to walk around in stores and restaurants so it made me feel a lot safer. I would not recommend this place for children or boring people looking for peace and quiet, actually I would not recommend Miami in general. It is called the party town for a reason everything is open for 24hrs awesome for a girls trip, bachelor/bachelorette party or couples looking to relight that flame! Enjoy! ;)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samantha L
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed for two nights in late Feb for South Beach Food Wine. Nice simple quiet retro hotel two blocks to ocean. Close to night life restaurants beach shopping and everything needed for a South Beach romantic getaway. If you are bringing the kids this is not the place for you. Try the lowes or ritz. Techno stuff others talk about is cool when it works but that was rare during our stay. Valet was also a little difficult as the hotel has to call them to pickup or deliver the car and there is rarely parking out front while waiting. Overall nice spot.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cateredin
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Rooms are spacious but without quality; the mirrorfFlat TV is the only very nice thing inside;
we had a room very noisy for the airco machine(we could'nt sleep), we asked to change room
without success and so we left the hotel the second day;
no bar inside the hotel, small reception on the second floor;no breakfast;
we expected another thing than the one we had; it's apity because the location is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank depexmode
Addlestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were a little concerned the moment we arrived at the Marlin (after travelling for over 14 hours) when we couldn't get in through the front door. You need a key code (nobody told us) and with Reception on the first floor, it took almost 5 minutes before somebody came and let us in.
Our room was a small, funky,standard double. The iPad controls almost everything (except our LED mood lighting didn't function at all). The room safe also didn't function. The faults were reported, but nothing was done about them until the morning of our departure, some 3 days later.
We booked 'Room Only' but had been enticed by the dinner menu that appears on the hotel's own website - EXCEPT the restaurant wasn't open (and didn't look as though it had been for some while). We were quite disappointed and felt we had been misled by the information on the website. Also, during our visit, the bar located on the Ground Floor was bare and closed.
The location is great - just a short walk away from the lively Ocean Drive, and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That is probably the one thing that the Marlin has going for it.
The room was clean and comfortable - and that's about all you can say about this place. I was left with a feeling that the hotel is being run as somebody's hobby and not their business. The staff are friendly enough, but it needs a good manager to whip them into shape.
We certainly wouldn't return there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed at the Marlin hotel for 4 nights in April and loved the design and concept of the hotel. The iPad controlled lights, tv, curtains and air con is a great touch and really adds to the enjoyment of the stay. The design is very funky and the rooms are all suites with king beds and sofa beds allowing lots of room for a Miami Hotel. The hotel is only a block from the beach providing a fantastic location. Beach bags provided is a great touch and complimentry wifi was a good bonus too. There were a couple of minor problems while we were there but overall not enough to take back from a lovely stay. When we arrived the hotel reception is on the 2nd floor and the door from the street is locked. The intercom had broken so we had to wait until someone came out of the door to access the hotel. We then asked about parking and were offered the valet service at $29 a night. I wasn't awate that parking was so expensive but that may just be my naivity and not reading the website clearly. The first night we were there we were woken at 4am by noise from the studio on the ground floor that was really loud. We complained to reception but were told that since the recording studio isn't owned by the hotel there wasn't much they could do. They did move us to another room on a higher floor and offered us a discount but the room wasn't quite as big/good as the first room. After the switch however we did sleep like a dream every night. The bathroom door in the room didn't close properly as it was a sliding door so would roll open each time you used it. This didn't bother me so much but was annoying whenever you tried to use the toilet. We did inform reception but were told that it would be too big a job to fix while we were there so they would have to wait until the room was empty to fix it. I agree with some of the other notes that other reviewers have picked up on like absence of tea/coffee facilities being annoying and also the difficult working the lights in the night if you wanted to get up to use the bathroom or get a drink but overall these were only minor complaints. I did really enjoy the hotel and vibe but I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor as it's further away from the studio (however I did this based o...