National Hotel Miami Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$538
US$424
US$304
US$255
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$436
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$495
US$426
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$233
US$213
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$307
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$309
US$281
US$429
US$369
US$471
US$324
1,569 results
All reviewscabana roomlong poolpool areasmaller poollincoln roadart decobeach attendantsbeautiful hotelbeautiful poolan umbrellabeach chairsocean viewbeach serviceour honeymoonmain buildingresort feelong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Its a historical hotel, but the service are very good. the pool is magnifique and warm. the room service are regular. the stairs create a dificult with your luggages , and the parkinng are very espenssive - 35/day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the staff was excellent. Prime location in the heart of South Beach. I would definitely stay here again. The bar is a little pricey I would recommend purchasing a bottle of what you prefer from the liquor store across the street.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Trubabygirl75
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It started back in September of 2013 with a quick trip from NJ to find a location for my destination wedding. I met with Michelle Marchetti, Social Catering Manager and instantly felt welcomed in a way that didn't feel "Salesy". Her warm and friendly personality was out of the ordinary when it came to visiting the establishments and walking the property. The other places we visited were strict on what they would do to accommodate and made me feel as if I should be honored to use their property. NOT the National Hotel! Each and every person I met that first day there made me feel special just for stopping in. I knew instantly that I wanted to have my wedding at this beautiful establishment. THEN came the food, which was out of this world. When in Miami, you must eat Cuban style so our menu selection was just that. So let me fast forward to my wedding that took place just this past Saturday, April 26th..... or a few days before when we checked in.
Armando, the bell hop - Beyond they guy who takes care of your luggage and should be recognized (and probably is) for his ability to get to know the guests and their needs & wants immediately. I called him our go to guy for every question we had and if he didn't know he got us the answer very quickly. He knows all the great places to eat that are not the touristy type places which is definitely what we like! Make sure you say hi to him when you go!
Richard, the concierge - always there with an incredible smile, a handshake and service that you didn't realize you might need until he mentions it. Again got to know our wants & needs very quickly and was ready for anything!
The front desk ladies - Nothing was a challenge for them. We had some last minute changes we wanted to make and it was easier than I had it in my head to be! Every morning they seemed excited to see us and when ever I asked they remember our room! So impressed with their attention to the guests! Can you see the pattern yet about the great staff that work there - they pay attention and make you feel welcomed and almost like family.
Danby & Maria our breakfast servers - Always with a smile, quick to fill your glass and a great way to start your day. Even if you aren't eating there they give you the warmest GOOD MORNING!

Wedding day!!! - PERFECT weather, perfect event without any issue. Michelle Marchetti came and checked on me so many times that I knew I never had to ask what was going on and in fact NOT EVEN ONCE did I ask how things were going with the set up. I did have an outside vendor ANCOMP help with the decorations and even my contact said she felt completely welcome and appreciated everything the hotel staff did to help. Back to me! Michelle made sure we had food, water and anything we needed as we were getting ready....including to remind me to breathe! She's like a sister that's how WONDERFUL she was in helping me with everything. Every accommodation I asked for she went one step above it!
Dinner - skirt steak, mahi mahi, or tropical chicken all with rice, beans and plaintains of course. The server staff let by Avi were on top of everything and never missed a step! All the food was cooked to perfection and my guests couldn't believe that they actually at a meal at a wedding that was cooked to their liking! We went a little longer than planned and they never made us feel it was too late or that we had to wrap it up. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience because they helped make it PERFECT!
The next morning, EVERY staff member congratulated us, hand shakes and hugs all around and they thanks us for a great event!?!?!? I can't forget to mention Gabriel who made sure his team took care of us by the pool, Colin and Milton out by the beach and Johanna who made sure we got to eat!
We left feeling like we had a new family and if there is any staff member I missed, they too were incredible.

Highly recommending the National Hotel as a place to stay doesn't do it justice! It's an experience you cannot wait to go back to!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrea K
Reviewed 27 April 2014

With a spectacular pool, a perfect location right on the beach, a style on its own, the National is not missing much to be perfect ... And that has mainly to do with the service: No help whatsoever from the bellboy at checkin (we had to unload our luggages and take them ourselves inside), no room service available at 9pm (that was totally a joke) and average beach service. The National has a classical touch that we found quite charming, even though it could become much better with a enhanced service and a touch of fanciness.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexSwissTraveller
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband & I arrived at the National Hotel on the last 2 days of the Ultra Music Festival
the end of March where the hotel was hosting their annual pool party, complete with techno
music starting at noon til 10p. We should have known something "was up" when leaving the
taxi as the entire front porch & steps of the hotel was cordoned off with ropes & there were
many security staff stopping each person arriving. I must say they didn't look like your typical
"guest" staying at the National but there certainly was excitement in the air & as an
unabashed "people watcher" (most nurses are...) it was fascinating to watch. We checked
into our corner "city view" room with ease, being greeted both professionally & warmly by the
reception staff.
When searching for a hotel to escape the winters in New England my preference is to look
for a hotel on the small side with character & charm & close proximity to the beach because,
frankly, what could be more relaxing than sitting on comfortable cushioned chaise lounges
under an umbrella being catered to by 2 lovely gentlemen (Milton & Colin) with the white
sand underfoot & that magnificent turquoise blue warm water of the Atlantic calling your
name? I found the National Hotel to be all of these & plenty more. This is my 2nd stay at the
National & I love this hotel! I could not recommend it higher. Yes, if you wanted to relax by
the pool during their pool parties you wouldn't have a lounge chair at your disposal & the
music was loud. However, we came to South Beach to relax on the beach (don't most people?)
so this was not a problem for us. And, if it WAS a problem for you, management would sort
it out, simply by asking! Their attitude of "customer service" is paramount in every
employee working at the National, from server to housekeeper, from beach attendant to
general manager.
The morning after the last pool party you could not have seen more staff (including the
general manager Yasser) scurrying around returning pool furniture, tables & chairs,
decorations back in place, sweeping & re-painting scuffed-up walls, returning the hotel to its
former Art Deco glory, pristine & sparkling, just like new again. In a matter of hours most
guests would not have known there was a party at all there, except for the DJ set up at the
back of the property which hardly impacted guests.
I must mention the breakfast staff that made our stay extra special during our 4 night stay.
Ismail, Mercy, & Maria all served us attentively, warmly & sincerely every morning with big
smiles as we entered the outdoor breakfast porch overlooking the long lap pool with the sun
rising to greet you. The breakfast tasted just a little bit better because of their constant
attention to our needs.
There are so many positives about this hotel...impeccably clean & modern spacious rooms
with the latest charging capabilities, robes, slippers & high end toiletries in the bathrooms,
delicious & varied breakfast buffet, in addition to the New York Times just waiting for you,
beach & pool service directly behind the hotel, an elegant bar to relax in, shopping on
Lincoln Road Mall that's just around the corner, the city's user-friendly bike rental kiosk is
right around the corner to enjoy a ride along the beach, BUT the best part of the hotel & the
heart of the hotel are the people who work there. From the general manager Yasser to the
lovely newly hired doorman whose insistence to call a taxi & carry our bags, it's the staff that
made our stay a most memorable one & one I would like to publicly thank! Merci beaucoup!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple