“Great location”
Review of Hotel Ocean

Hotel Ocean
Ranked #169 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at hotel ocean. I got a great deal on bookit.com so I figured I would try. I usually stay at the same hotel everytime I go to south beach. Anyway the staff was very friendly and helpful my room was clean. The only flaw was there was live music right outside of my room till about 10 or11 I can't remember but it wasn't too bad. If I got a good deal again I would stay. The normal prices are a little expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Aj M

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Perfect location, very nice and helpful staff. Free cookies, tee and coffee available at the reception. the only thing is that breakfest might have been a bit more diversed. Surely worth visiting if you want to fully enjoy South Beach!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnulaWawa
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hubby and I stayed at this hotel on our first trip to Miami back in 2003. The hotel was very very clean, the staff was excellent, the location was perfect for us. We would definitely stay here again. We loved being able to hear the latin music from near by clubs as well. We stayed here a few days before our cruise.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Killa M
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've stayed here during several visits to Miami. Had a nice room with terrace overlooking the ocean. The terrace rooms are set back so their is less noise from the bustling ocean drive. This is not a luxurious hotel, but I've always found it satisfactory and clean. The management gives the word "laid back" new meaning. They are relaxed about everything, but eventually get the job done.

I've stayed at the hotel under previous French management and it was really lovely with fabulous room service for breakfast. Sadly this si no longer the case, but there is limited breakfast in the lobby with toast,bagles cereal packs and coffee. Adequate. but it ends at 10 am which is a drag because we stay out quite late and would love to sleep.

But overall it is a pleasant place and not terribly expensive relative to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I had one of the terrace rooms on the top floors. Quite nice view of the ocean set back from noisy O...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Best part of the stay was the service offered at check in from Ellie, I work in hospitality and maybe for that reason have a special eye and bit of patient when complaining about hotel stays. The first room we received had a dirty carpet, dirty curtain, and dust under a pillow, so we asked to be moved to another room. The second room #201, had broken toilet seat, main door to the outside had a faulty lock, bathroom door wouldn't close, mattress had only one sheet, a flat sheet to cover it, the a/c unit was inconsistent and required regular monitoring. Fruit flies everywhere in the hallways, and lobby, I guess due to the free coffee and cookies laid out in a dirty corner where the bicycles are parked. The only plus was the location, and the fact that we received a free pass to use the Hotel Victor pool and lounge area. This hotel needs to be more consistent with what it offers, even when expressing the list of issues mentioned above at checkout, all we got was " we will let a manager know", no compensation, no sympathy. I would stay elsewhere when traveling to South Beach.

Room Tip: request a renovated room and away in the back of the hotel if you don't like to hear a band play...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ros O
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Very... Highly pleased with our stay here. Stayed in the North building, 3rd floor (there's 5) corner room, oceanfront. Had 2 reg size windows...1 facing beach/ocean. However, due to tree lines & such ...it's not great for water view. The room was very fresh & clean. Very modern & updated in furnishings. Wi-fi & cable. Large in footage & Bed was fab! Frig, Safe, Iron & board, & blow dryer. No coffee maker or micro. Bath was huge, all redone. Very nice & jacuzzi tub was the greatest! Separate shower. Their courtyard area is very nicely furnished & decorated. A small band does play there at night. Staff was very accommodating. There weren't ANY odors in the elevator we used. They also have a real nice inside staircase.
They have valet out front. The restaurant attached had good food & good prices. Outdoor seating that overlooks Ocean Dr & beach. Their pool & fitness is in their sister hotels, which is just down from hotel ocean. Didn't visit them. It is in a great location on Ocean Dr...more the north end of road. Walk to everything.
My only complaint is: No bellman ...& only One luggage cart. None the less, we will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank J M
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and found the place quite charming. The location is awesome and the price was quite affordable in comparison to some of the other hotels that are near the beach. You're right in the middle of ocean drive; expect it to be loud until late into the night especially if you're facing the courtyard so keep that in mind if you're planning to get to bed early. However, we were out quite late most nights so it wasn't a big issue and it's hard to beat being right across the street from the beach and within walking distance of pretty much everything you'd want to visit while in Miami Beach.

Staff was friendly and very accommodating. We arrived about six hours before our check-in time and were able to leave our bags in their backroom while we got lunch and were pleased to receive a call about an hour after we left that our room was ready early. We also had a late flight on our final day and were able to leave our bags in their back room while we spend the entire last day walking around.

The room was large and clean. Beds were comfortable and the design of the shower was quite cool. There were a few negatives like some ants in our kitchen area and an odd smell in the elevator but nothing too terrible.

Overall, quite a positive experience and will stay here again if I ever make it down to Miami Beach again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple