I was booked in to stay from the 27th June to 4th of July and I am writing this review on the 1st. July from a different hotel!!!
I never write reviews as more often than not I have pleasant stays being a seasoned traveller and quite good at choosing hotels and reading between the lines on websites etc........
However, I could not bear to stay at this hotel one second longer due to the LOUD music coming from the bar/ restaurant directly below my room. EAR PLUGS did little or nothing to block out the music which played from 8.30am until 2 am at weekends and depending on demand midnight or 1 am during the week.
Staff were polite and very apologetic but what could they do. They did give me another room which I had to move all my baggage myself but it made no difference to the impact of the loud music on my stay.
Other issues I had were as follows:
1. Rooms resembled nothing that was promised on the website.....a few have been renovated and so you need to request one of those.....and even then the quality of finish etc is questionable!
2. You have use of a trolley to take your own luggage to your room
3. You have to carry your own beach towel and chair to the beach and you are charged for the privilege - $15(this does include the drinks and snacks at reception)! If you want to rent a sun bed and umbrella at the beach it costs $20 for bed and $15 for umbrella!
4. My room was not cleaned everyday as promised
5. Breakfast was not refreshed as the morning went on, so if you were breakfasting between 10 and 11am you could be certain to have rock hard bacon, congealed sausages and very dubiously dark colored scrambled eggs......eat early!
6. I requested an early check out giving two days notice and I still got charged for early check out which is outrageous given the experience I was expecting resembled nothing of what was promised and had sat and had a good conversation with the manageress about the unmet expectations!
Conclusion - YES to South Beach 100% NO to Hotel Ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small hotel with chic modern rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Hotel Miami Beach
- Ocean Miami Beach
- Hotel Ocean Miami Beach, Florida