“Very nice.”

Ranked #132 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very nice.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I only had one night here, whilst transiting through Miami, but it was a great hotel to stay for that one night.

Hotel was clean, had atmosphere and ambience. Room was vintage in decor and design, very nice, stylish. Everything was clean and worked.

Hotel corridors were a little dark and looking like they needed refreshed, but then this is a vintage hotel.

I didn't eat or drink there, nor use any facilities.

Staff were friendly, especially the bell hop gents.

beach is right on the waterfront, perfect for early morning run or visiting one of many cafes/bars/restaurants.

Breakfast was a little unusual, you had to collect a paper token from the hotel and take it to cafe next door. i only know this as a colleague found out and told me, no one else tells you this, so you end up paying in the cafe for your breakfast... Slightly unusual system. They could highlight this to you a bit more.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank J H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Tybee Island, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great place! Welcome to the 1950's... with lights on the hotel and restaurant at night it's beautiful. If you don't get a room with a view, go to the roof sun deck. Great place to relax with view of the park, ocean and skyline. Great relaxing jazz themed music at night to enjoy dinner or cocktails. The staff are wonderful! Very helpful, friendly and personable. We had Dereck, Carlos and Sergio and they treated us as family. Will definitely stay again on our next visit to Miami.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fred H
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at the Park Central in South Beach for 5 nights at the start of May with a friend.
We booked South Beach Miami for a complete chill out after spending the previous 4 nights in Vegas and thought we would need the r&r.

The hotel is in a fabulous location on Ocean Drive, right opposite the beach at the slightly quieter end of Ocean Drive. It’s about 20-30 minutes from the airport so no long transfer times and taxis were very reasonably priced.
Ocean Drive is crammed full of restaurants so you won’t struggle for somewhere to eat or drink here. Each hotel has their own bars and restaurants and you can’t walk along the front without being badgered by staff to get you in. Remedy this by crossing over and walking next to the beach.
The Park Central hotel has its own café style snack bar restaurant and also a fabulous fish restaurant called Quinns which we visited twice because the food and service were amazing! I totally recommend this place.
There is a Walgreens just round the corner from the hotel that is perfect for all the bits and pieces you might need, Walgreens sell everything!

Back to the hotel… The service was fantastic. Every single member of staff was smiling and always helpful. When we checked in, we were given all the information we would need for our stay as well as local information.
They even provide you with free sun loungers and beach towels on the beach which is something that will save you around $50 a day if you wanted an umbrella too.
The standard room we had was small, but contained everything you needed. Everything was old, but that’s what you expect from an art deco hotel. But it was kept very clean.
The beds were squeaky but very comfortable and I slept very well in them. I would say that the air con could do with an upgrade. The units are very old and you really do need to use them in the humidity.
The hotel has the added benefit of a pool which is small but perfect for a refreshing dip when you get back from a day out.
There is also a roof terrace that nobody seems to use. Perhaps this area could benefit from a tiny pool or maybe a hot tub? I think this is the reason that nobody used it as it got very hot up there but there is nowhere to cool off.
The free wifi was brilliant, you could even get it in your room! There was also an area that had computers connected to the internet and a printer so you could check in and print off travel documents.

All in all, this hotel is in a great location, is competitively priced, and provides everything you need. The staff are friendly and helpful and I don’t think we needed to ask for anything throughout our stay here. That to me, is the sign of a brilliant hotel.
I would stay here, should I visit South Beach again and whole-heartedly recommend it to others.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions 

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Evo1979
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I never write reviews, EVER, but I feel obligated to review The Park Central. This hotel is a part of the Art Deco district. I didnt know what that meant when I made reservation, but basically it means its an older hotel. The room was kind of small for us two ladies and our luggage but we made due. The hotel was a bit on the pricey side, but as I soon discovered, everything in SoBe was expensive. The location was fantastic, right across from the beach and within walking distance to pretty much everything a tourist could want to do. When we didn't want to walk we took the quarter bus (yes each ride is only 25 cents) or a cab. All of our cab rides were pretty cheap as well. The concierge staff truly deserves 10 stars!!!!! I don't know names unfortunately, several gentlemen helped me.They gave my friend and I recommdations on things to do during the day and told us about a very nice club at The W Hotel. One night I may or may not have had too much to drink and the security/concierge guy made sure I made it back to my room safely. I really wish I could remember his name, he was a lifesaver, literally! I left some clothes behind and they shipped them to me free of charge. They even sent back the tip I left behind for the maid! All in all I enjoyed my stay. What this hotel lacks in modern features is most definitely made up by their wonderful staff. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank gatewood88
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Perfect South Beach location! All employees friendly and helpfull. We did not have a great view but the sun deck was amazing and the pool was nice they gave you free towels and lounge chairs on the beach. The rooms were not amazing but were very nice for what you paid. We were on the second floor on the back side the nice thing is we can take the private stairs the cut through the restaurant to get outside. We had sum bugs in our room in our bathroom sick we told them about it cut down the problem a little. But for a nicer hotel on South be I would recommend but it is not a Fontainebleau but is right across walking distance from the beach and all greta distance to clubs and amazing restaurants. We book through expida and got a good rate. You don't need a car you walk everywhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark C
Boston
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Perfect South Beach location! All employees friendly and helpfull. King room with partial ocean view was awesome. No complaints other than expensive drinks at Cafe. Did not eat there. Walk across street and your on beach. No need for car as we walked everywhere. Close enough to walk to Lincoln Road and it's more reserved eateries and bars. Yet steps away from SB madness!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank mcirb
Portsmouth, England
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for the first 2 nights of our Florida fly drive vacation in April

Lovely hotel with excellent staff

The location on South Beach couldn't really be much better

The only down side for us, and this is very much a personal thing and no reflection on the hotel or staff in any way, was that we found this area of Miami to be too young for us, that said we did have a really nice time and loved the Art Deco buildings and the beach

We probably wouldn't return to the area but would recommend the Park Central very highly

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple