“Concierge so friendly - reception not that helpful”
Review of The Park Central

The Park Central
Ranked #129 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Concierge so friendly - reception not that helpful”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is our third stay at this hotel in under a year, I checked in early (8am) after a long cruise and the reception staff made us wait for a room until 2pm even though lots of people were checking out. My son was falling asleep on the sofa and had no energy to go out of the hotel. The reception seemed to take pleasure in keeping us waiting and the lady finally called me over from the seats by signing to me with her hand that the room was finally ready, this was a rather impolite way of gaining my attention they are too lazy to take the 20 steps to come and tell me the room is ready. On the other hand, the concierge were amazing, they are so friendly and helpful and go out of their way to help you. The rooms were okay, I cant complain as we got upgraded to a suite on our second stay and this was large with a huge lounge, the second time we had a side pool room. Rooms do need updating however they are adequate with everything you need for a good sleep. I got back home and received my bill to be charged around 5 dollars for a drink that I did not have. They did not give me a bill upon checking out just charged me so I had no chance of querying the bill. I was rather annoyed as my credit card charged me an additional amount at least give me the chance to pay by cash not just charge my card without permission. This annoyed me. We will probably not go back although I cannot thank the concierge enough for their kindness.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank joannehurley
PCHotelManager, General Manager at The Park Central, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear joannehurley,
Thank you for being our guest and returning to our property multiple times. It is great to hear that the Concierge team was so helpful yet the front desk was not. Check in time is 3pm and we try our very best to accommodate our guests with early check ins whenever possible. With check out at 11am, it does take time for our housekeeping team to clean all of the rooms so we can honor the 3pm check in time for all of our arrivals. I also looked into your folio and only see the nightly room charge, I do not see any additional incidentals at all so I would appreciate if you would reach out to me directly to investigate this additional $5.00 charge further. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Janine Ackerman, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Evansville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The only thing good about this hotel was the location. It needs updated. The bathroom is gross. The service at the desk was crappy. The only good service was the concierge! If its the only thing you can get is this I guess go for it.

1 Thank Dustin L
Dear Dustin L,
Thank you for choosing The Park Central. I am sorry that the property and service did not meet your expectations. In the near future the hotel will be renovated and I hope you will consider us for your next visit to South Beach.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently stayed at The Park Central for my bachelorette party in Miami. We had a great experience! The rooms were clean, the staff was SUPER friendly and it was in the perfect location. Right in the middle of it all and walking distance from the shops, restaurants and beach. I was most impressed with the hotel staff. They were so friendly and helpful. I even received a very pleasant surprise while I was there, a bottle of champagne for me to celebrate my bachelorette. Thanks again Park Central!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Elizabeth R
PCHotelManager, General Manager at The Park Central, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Elizabeth R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted you enjoyed The Park Central and all our team members. Everyone here takes so much pride in our property and tries their best to be ambassadors of South Beach. Thanks for celebrating your bachelorette party with us!
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I challenge anyone to find a better bang for your buck. Customer service alone was worth twice what the room cost a night. From the second doorman John open the door to the second the concierge called us at taxi for the airport, we every one of their associates greed us, made small talk, and even gave us tip for around town. Location was perfect for us, directly across from the beach, at the end of the SoBe "strip", So all the fun without the excess noise at the end of the night. A wal-greens market and liquor store right two blocks away. Also a block away from the high end retail. The rooms are a little dated, but that is the real SoBe. We received two days of free beach chairs (totaling $40 a day savings). The free breakfast was also a plus. It has a nice little pool and has rooftop access with lounge chairs. The lobby bar/piano area were under renovation while we were their, but no harm no foul. Good A/C in rooms, digital lock box in room. No huge bells and whistles, just simple old school South Beach. Recommended!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Michael L
Dear Michael L,
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write a review. Your kind feedback about John will be celebrated with the entire team. We are glad you enjoyed the proximity of our location and the amenities of our Art Deco property!
New York
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is an old hotel badly needing upgraded - terribly thin walls and you hear everything.........and I mean EVERYTHING at all time of the night

If you want peaceful, restful nights...................pick a different hotel

Weekends are a nightmare and I had to sleep with ear plugs

Carpets in the room need to be cleaned

Bed sagged badly in the middle and squeaked every time you moved or turned around

The hallways are dark and dreary

Checkout took 40 minutes as they tried to charge me for 10 nights Valet Parking instead of 1, which resulted in an argument and difficulty to correct - even though I did not have a car with me for more than 1 night

Overall, I would NOT stay here again

1 Thank Paul C
Dear Paul C,
Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review, especially since this is not a commonplace thing for you to do and certainly an effort. We do value all feedback from our guests, the good, and the bad. I am truly sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one and that the hotel fell short of your expectations. I would like to discuss this experience with you further. Please feel free to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Beautiful inside and out with service that could not be surpassed. The location was perfect for going to the beach, people watching, or just admiring the view from the rooftop lounge with a cool drink. Don't miss this gem!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you 'Debra H' for your 5 star rating of your recent stay with us! We hope to be your hotel of choice on your next visit to Miami Beach.
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I live locally so we did a "staycation" for 2 days as its called. Staff was nice ,curtious. friendly.
The hotel itself is old from the "art deco" era so locals always have a idea that these were old folks homes 30 years ago and some south beach hotels have not been updated much since then .
My wife and I were surprised that the room was nicely updated with a queen size bed,flat screen TV and a decent view of south end of beach overlooking pool.Bath room was nice also as fixtures appeared to be updated .The AC was COLD and new A/C split so no worries over some old ac unit from 1962 . As it has a pool although small is one of the few hotels on Ocean drive off the beach so it s refreshing and unique. Roof top area is perfect for a smoke and the view .Met some great people up there although few went up there during the day .
Only negative is that the free beach chairs and towel service currently not available .That may change but as of Aug 204 bring your own towels from hotel and buy a beach chair from Walgreens 1 block away as the current chair service on the beach charges 20.00 pp and that has nothing to do with the hotel.Also go park your own car - valeting anywhere in South beach is an issue ,not just the hotels' issue .Park it by the convention center where it's cheaper and leave it there a couple of days - rent a bike back for 4.00 to the hotel unless you want to pay alot for valet parking.And you don't need a car anyway .Hallways are looking a little old though but I understand a renovation is planned later this year
Other than that had a great stay - I want to go back and for the locals and didn't know what hotel to go to at a decent price- this is the one

1 Thank 918alan
Thank you "918alan" for choosing our hotel for your staycation and taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is very important and we trust on our guests to recommend The Park Central to their friends and our neighbors in South Florida. Come visit us again once our remodel is complete!