“A true oasis!”
Review of Cadet Hotel

Cadet Hotel
Ranked #73 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We spent 3 nights (wished it could have been more!!) at the Cadet Hotel in January. This gorgeous little hotel provided us a warm and inviting place to thaw out while we escaped the polar vortex in the North Eastern cities.

We booked a Cosy King Bed room and as expected it was small but it had every possible requirement squeezed into the tiny space. A large and extremely comfortable bed, beautiful bath products, tv, fridge, large closet - all decorated in a fresh blue and white theme.

I had emailed ahead to let the hotel know we would be arriving very late at night. When we did turn up we received a very welcome greeting and a joke about the fact that we were early (by all of about 5 mins!). This personal touch set the scene for our stay - all the staff were very helpful but not in an intrusive way.

The breakfast at the hotel is very good, served in the relaxed outdoor area. The location is superb - a short walk to Lincoln Road and to the beach itself. You definitely feel very much in the thick of everything here.

The hotel is an Art Deco building and as such may not have all the technological conveniences of some of the larger, new hotels. We really loved this aspect but it is worth noting that it might not suit everyone. We did have to walk up stairs to our room as there was no lift and the air conditioning in the room was a little bit variable in temperature.

We loved our first ever visit to Miami and cannot commend the Cadet Hotel highly enough for the prominent role they played in making it feel so special.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CadetHotel, Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Helen,

thanks a lot for taking the time of writing such detailed and nice review.

We always want to make feel our guests in a family/ friendly environment from the very first moment and I ma glad you understand our philosophy.

This is a relaxing oasis away from home and from noisy, conventional SoBe party spots.

See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Cadet Hotel

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here as part of a ten week tour round the States. I'd never been to Miami beach before and was looking for somewhere close to all the attractions but 'real' as well. Being an Art deco building, as soon as you enter the foyer it has a wonderful feel - not glitzy like some of the other hotels but just honest. The staff were very helpful, which is always a plus and the room comfortable and clean. It manages to have a nice intimate family run feel about it which is very comforting. Its worth dining at the restaurant in the hotel if you stay as the food was first class. The location is away from the main run on Ocean drive but so close to lincoln road and everything else there. Loved staying there and would stay again. Thanks Giulia (Hotel Manager) for a great stay and all your help and suggestions.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
CadetHotel, Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Jon,

it's great hearing from you and I am glad you enjoyed your trip!

I appreciate your kind review and I thank you again for staying with us during your adventure in the States. It has been a pleasure chatting and meeting you so I hope to host you again next year.

Guest satisfaction is what makes this little gem shine up.

Again thank you for recognizing our hidden talent!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Just back from The Cadet Hotel after a very enjoyable six night stay. The hotel is small but the room had everything I needed with a huge shower, safe, iron, fridge etc. Every evening maid service fill your ice bucket and leave bottles of Evian water and a mini box of chocolates on your pillow. Small touches which make your stay extra special! Lovely L'occitane products in the bathroom, slippers and robes in the wardrobe, free newspaper each morning. The whole hotel has free super fast wifi which I always welcome. ( I have no idea how some bigger hotels dare to charge a daily rate for wifi which should come as standard)
The staff at The Cadet are all super helpful and always ready to help. I don't think the word "No" is even in their vocabulary! Coffee brought up to the room? Of course. A glass of wine in the garden? Absolutely. A very late check out at no extra charge? Not a problem! It's extremely refreshing to find this kind of service.
Do go and stay The Cadet! It's reasonably priced, charming, and in a fantastic location. I will definitely be going back next year!

Room Tip: If you can afford to pay a little extra, choose a cozy King over a cozy Queen.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Helen M

Dear Helen,

what a wonderful review!!!

I am very impressed of your words.
You literally read the message we want to transmit to our "audience". At the Cadet we put together so many small touches to make great and unforgettable experience for our guests.
Our principles are build on the " Yes Philosophy" followed by good relation quality/price. We only want to make our guests feel like home.
Hope you can return soon and have the chance to enjoy a glass of wine together in our enchanted garden.

Thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I staid at Cadet for 3 nights and have to say to be very satisfied! Staff here is exceptionally professional and friendly. I felt really relaxed, and this in walking distance from both beach and shopping. The nights were quiet - I had the nice room in the back corner. Don't have any problem giving full score, I didn't miss anything. Beats any grand hotel in my personal taste. And I loved the small personal touches in my room! Really want to thank the staff making my stay so satisfactory and Cadet will be my first choice on my next visit to Miami!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Merca,

I don't even know where to start to express all my gratitude for your wonderful review!

Our objective is "wow "guests through small and nice touches, great customer service, good food and positive vibes.
We don't pretend to be a grand hotel but we want give our guests the same "big" experience.
It's all about quality and comforts.

Your Cadet Hotel family is looking forward to see you soon!

best wishes,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Very charming hotel, situated in a quiet street but close to Lincoln Road and the beach. The staff is always very helpful.
The only negative points are the lack of elevator and parking lot, but I guess that is common to the hotels in the region. If i ever come back to Miami beach, I will definetely stay at the Cadet hotel

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sam,

thanks a lot for staying at the Cadet Hotel and writing your feedback.

We are very focused on guests service and we appreciate you recognizing the efforts and professionalism of our team.

As you said we are "cozy" and as per our size we don't have an elevator. The Cadet, as well as others small art deco hotels of Miami Beach, want to preserve its historical and artistic side and logistically cannot have an elevator.
Regarding the parking we are not starting with a new project of Valet parking service so please do not hesitate to contact us when you return to Miami Beach. We will provide you the best rate with parking valet service.

All the best,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I recently had the chance of spending a week at the Cadet Hotel in Miami Beach. What a gem this hotel is. The service is superior, I've not experienced service like that in many years. The staff is courteous, helpful and friendly. The location is fantastic to be in the heart of South Beach just steps from the beach and Lincoln Road. The breakfast served on the terrace was so romantic and it gives you the feeling of being far removed from the hustle and bustle of South Beach. The food was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel. There is also a fabulous restaurant which is always packed but they can always manage to squeeze in patrons. There is a whiskey room which has whiskeys from all over the world.

Room Tip: The Clark Gable Suite is amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
CadetHotel, Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Gabriela,

thank you so much for your meticulous and kind review.

It sounds like you really enjoyed every single moment of your stay. Our philosophy is giving our guests a homey experience along with an outstanding service. We really want everybody feel part of our Cadet family.

Hope to see you and your family back soon.

best wishes,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel was very clean and charming with great attention to detail. Very friendly and helpful staff that gave us good recommendations, including El Chalan Restaurant. We walked everywhere (LIncoln Road, beach, restaurants, etc) and loved the small size of this unique boutique hotel. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vandygal85

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind review.

We appreciate your recognition towards our staff service. Our "charme" is not only about the location, we are really focused on customer service and giving guest a 5 sense experience.

We are passionate about food that is why we always have great reccomendations. Hope next time you'll have the chance to try our fine dining in house restaurant Pied a Terre. I unsure an unforgattable gastronomical experience.