“Great location and breakfast”
Review of Cadet Hotel

Cadet Hotel
Ranked #85 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Can't beat the location of this small and handsome boutique hotel.
The folks at the desk at check in and the waiter at breakfast were very pleasant. Fresh squeezed juice and very good quality coffee for breakfast
The rooms were nicely appointed although strangely enough you have to call downstairs to get your air on adjusted.
Again- great location

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CadetHotel, Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Lynda,

We want to thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.com about your recent trip to Cadet Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the breakfast we take great pride in the food and service delivery we provide to our guests. We hope to welcome you back to Cadet Hotel in the near future. Please contact me directly at giulia@cadethotel.com so we can ensure the very best offer on your return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

great hotel to stay at near all attractions everything was walking distance beach, clubs, restaurants , the had great customer service will definitely consider staying here once again on our next trip

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Casie,

We are thankful that you took the time to share with everyone your positive stay at Cadet Hotel. It was a long trip from California so we hope there was time to decompress while in Miami Beach. Should you decide to come back please reach out to us directly at giulia@cadethotel.com and we will be sure to provide the best available rate since you will be a repeat guest:-) We might even be able to upgrade if we have availability.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've just returned from a stay and this hotel ticked almost all the boxes for us. It is a superbly located base from which to explore Sobe on foot and downtown Miami via the extremely frequent buses, whilst the 150 'flyer' bus from/to the airport stops yards from the door. As other reviewers noted, rooms are small but we soon adapted, even though I had quite a bit of work to do over the 10 days we were there. As the previous reviewer says, the initial impression of the room isn't helped by the curtains, which have small pockets sewn in; I actually thought these were soiled until my wife pointed out that they were intended house sprigs of lavender and rather unsightly dry residues remain in the bottom of the pockets (no dead flies in ours!). The garden is delightful - we had an excellent breakfast there on the last morning - but apply your mozzie repellent first and especially if using the jacuzzi pool area. The bar area is uninviting unless a pianist or singer is on duty but mostly we were out and about - Cuban cafes, restaurants and craft beer bars abound nearby. We did find the staff mostly politely indifferent but they proved more than willing to assist when we couldn't set the safe and appeared to mobilise the entire workforce! On the other hand they didn't seem particularly informed on the local area e.g. I wanted the nearest EasyCard outlet and was badly misdirected, unless they just don't want tourists to see what the nearest one is like! The exception though was a particularly jolly and knowledgeable night attendant, a credit to the establishment although as he went off shift at 7am access was limited! Anyway, in the internet age you can invariably find what you need and the free WiFi at Cadet was absolutely excellent even though I was handling some big files for work. Some of the fixtures and fittings are well used but everything was clean and worked perfectly. No coffee making facility but the mini-bar is an amply proportioned fridge.There is a relaxing charm about the place; the complimentary little chocolates, fruit, flowers and a bottle of sparkling wine were nice little touches.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CadetHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Mr Hatter,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Cadet Hotel. Your constructive feedback is the most valued by the team as we will make adjustments based on your experience. We truly appreciate that you stayed with us for 10 days. We hope that you were able to try our award winning restaurant Pied a Terre at some point during your stay? We would love to welcome you back whether it is for vacation or business. You can reach me direct to arrange accommodations at giulia@cadethotel.com or info@cadethotel.com.

Best travels and regards,

Giulia

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I decided to wait until I had experienced another hotel in Miami before writing this review as I really wanted to give this hotel a chance and be as fair as possible. And yet, having just checked into our second hotel for this trip (and dare I mention cheaper) I have already noticed such a difference after only 10 minutes of being here.

I booked this hotel as a romantic surprise for my boyfriend choosing the Cadet as I generally prefer the charm of boutique hotels. After staring at the beautiful pictures from their website I decided to choose a dreamy four poster canopy room, what a surprise when we checked in to find a tiny room, with just enough space to walk around the bed and (barely) lay down our suitcase. After looking around the room I found the curtains contained pockets filled with tiny dead flies, the toilet seat covered in scratches and marks, and various patches of mould and damp above the bath tub. Small touches like this could be excusable in other cheaper hotels however not when you are spending $240 per night for what you believe is a boutique hotel.

As for the staff's contribution to our stay.. well it was almost non existent. Apart from one very friendly waiter who advised and served us breakfast one morning the other staff generally seemed cold and distant. My boyfriend is covered in tattoos and I tend to dress like I've come straight from a year long pilgrimage when I'm on vacation so perhaps that's why we received such disintrest from the staff? Whatever the case money is money no matter who it's from and when we decided to extend our trip in Miami we decided to book another hotel instead of staying at the Cadet which would have been preferable had the situation been different.

Now for the good points..
- The garden is absolutely beautiful and having breakfast in it's exotic jungle like atmosphere was probably the best moment of our stay.
- Pied a Terre is a lovely restaurant located inside the hotel with a charming french manager and great service. The food was delicious as was the wine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PalmTreeChasing
CadetHotel, Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Cenzen,

Thanks for sending your feedback and sharing your experience.

First and foremost I want to apologize that you felt some of the staff was disengaged. We strive for the most incredible relaxing and comfortable experiences for our guests. Clearly we did not hit the mark on your recent stay.

I can assure you we have guests of all walks of life stay with us and the goal remains the same "the highest level of service delivery". We will pass along your comments to Ricky and Pied a Terre staff members they will be thrilled that they were part of your positive memories.

Personally I would love to have the chance to speak to get a better understanding of your experience so we can address with training and development. Your feedback is so valuable to our continued success. We would love a second chance at showcasing the Cadet Hotel experience.

Giulia
786.366.6054

feel free to email me at giulia@cadethotel.com

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We chose this hotel to stay 2 nights for our honeymoon before we went off on a cruise and were so pleased we did :-) staff were friendly & helpful! Hotel clean and spacious! They knew it was our honeymoon and left us champagne and chocolate strawberries on arrival in our room (nice touch). It was walking distance to all main things like beach, restaurants etc. the back outdoor grade. With the jacuzzi is such a nice little area :-) we had it all to ourselves one afternoon and it was great. Thank you cadet :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CadetHotel, Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

It's been our pleasure to be part of one of the most unforgattable days of your life together.

We love to anticipate guests's needs and surprise with elegance and romance touches.

I hope you'll keep the Cadet Hotel in your best honeymoon travel memories and I wish you everlasting love!

sincerely,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed four days in the Cadet Hotel and explored all of South Beach on foot. The location was great - just blocks from the beach and tons of great restaurants close by. Don't miss dinner in the attached gourmet restaurant "Pied a Terre" - every course was creative and spectacular. Most days we headed out for breakfast, but it is worth it to enjoy breakfast in the beautiful garden at least one day. Our room was very small so be prepared for "historical" proportions, but the service, quaint antiques and personal touches (fresh flowers, fruit in the room) made up for the shortcomings of the room.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room facing the pool which was very quiet and convenient, but maybe a second f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy S

Dear Kathy,

It sounds that you really had a good time and you enjoyed all our services at 360!

I really hope you will choose Cadet Hotel for your next trip to Miami Beach and you'll let me know in advance so I will be able to provide you with a larger room type with special breakfast included.

Here below I leave you my personal email:

giulia@cadethotel.com

Looking forward to meet you back soon at the Cadet!

all the best,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Happy to recommend this small but attractive hotel, with attentive staff, the small touches all contribute to an enjoyable experience. Fruit and water on arrival, lavender sprigs in the curtains, daily paper, chocolates and ice bucket top up. Great location, close to excellent shopping area of Lincoln Mall rd and few minutes only from the beach.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for this excellent review.

We are glad you appreciate all the small details that make the Cadet an exclusive experience.

It's really important to us give a great value to your stay and these are the little things that the guest will remember once is back home.

Please feel free to email me directly when you plan your next trip to Miami Beach. I will make sure to have the best accomodation for you.

best wishes,