“This hotel was such a delight”
Review of Cadet Hotel

Cadet Hotel
Ranked #76 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“This hotel was such a delight”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The service was fantastic! I felt welcomed from the minute I walked in the door.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This hotel is very much in tuned with customer service, they really want you to enjoy your stay. The room I had was a little small but very clean! This hotel is a great value based on the research I did for the area. two blocks to the beach 3-4 blocks to Ocean Ave. Great location, if you don't want to pay the price to be right on the beach. Was very impressed with how clean the property was..."Nice small hotel."

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2010

This was my second trip to South Beach, I thought the Cadet was an Excellent hotel, 5 minute walk from both the beach and lincoln road - the staff are very very helpful and friendly as well. The room my partner and I were in was very modern and clean!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I ordered this hotel after reading admiring reviews at this site.

The hotel is really worthy the price you pay, 100%. It is small, clean, well-furnished and is in excellent location.

Location: one block from the ocean, two blocks from Lincoln road, one of the main attractions in SoBe, 6 blocks from Art Deco district. Very convenient.
Rooms: very clean, good quality new linen, has iron with ironing board, TV, very quiete a/c + we did not hear any noise from the streets at nights.
Price: very decent as compared to other hotels in the area.
Staff: is OK, helpful. Keep your luggage btw your check-out and time when you leave, order taxi for you. Minuses: I wish staff would say "hi" as you enter the lobby, not stare in their computers.
Other: free fruit in the lobby.

Resume: Excellent value for money.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2010

The Cadet was exactly what my wife and I had hoped it to be. It was very clean, and the perfect size for two people. You can tell the owners have really stepped it up a level and are doing a great job. Walking to the lobby, it had a cool classic feel. The new sauna in the garden was a nice touch. It's located near Lincoln Road, and block away from the beach, so it’s quiet off the main drags but close enough. Thanks to Matias and Diego for their help along with the rest of the gang...they did a great job.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My 9 year old son and I stayed at the Cadet as we were attending a wedding. We had pre-paid for our room in advance and after reading many great reviews on the hotel... we were in for a shocking surprise.
This hotel really lacks in customer service and they are only interested in making money. The front desk had clearly made a mistake of charging my credit card for the $100 in case of "incidentals", and then removing the charge. This incompetency, lead to me and my son being shut out of our room after the wedding at 12 midnight... Mind you, I had a 9 year old child with me and the front desk refused to let us retire to our room, even after the room was already pre-paid. The dummy working the front desk insisted that I pay the $100 dollars for "incidentals", which mind you, was paid and debited from my account and the moron insisted that it didn't go through.
I will never stay at this hotel again and don't recommend families with children stay here either. They do not care for the welfare of a child. They just care that they make the mighty buck. Instead of letting me take care of the $100 incidental fee in the morning, they locked me out of the room until a payment was made.
They don't look at the big picture... this place is run by morons. Plain and simple, do NOT stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank netski17
florida
Reviewed 27 May 2010

our second time staying at cadet. areal gem of a botique hotel. clean and nice
i hardly recommend anything but this one's a keeper

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple