“A little Gem!!!”
Review of Cadet Hotel

Cadet Hotel
Ranked #75 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2010

This hotel met all our needs and with the added touches such as friendly polite staff, chocolates and notes in th bedroom and plenty of fresh towels and toiletries we were delighted with our stay and would recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cadet Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2010

My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights at this hotel and we both thought it was great.
The rooms are clean, newly redecorated, cozy and a good size. I really loved the little messages and boxes of chocolate the staff left in our room each time we went out - maybe this is normal in other hotels as well - but I have never experienced that before!

If you want to stay in this hotel you should remember that it is very close to Washington avenue where all the night clubs are located which means that on Fridays and Saturdays there is a lot of noice from the street - but isn't this a part of the Miami Beach experience?

I really think this hotel is good value and if we ever go back to Sobe we will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This hotel is in a fabulous location. One street from Lincoln with endless dining and entertainment and 2 streets from a wonderful beach. Free towels from the desk. Good cab access to get around. We had an amazing breakfast in the garden. Slight smell in the hallways, but nothing terrible, just moisture in an older buidling. Slept great in the comfy bed, except the AC is not guest controlled. A fan on the side table would have been much appreciated as it got warm in the night, but was freezing when we first got to the room.

Rooms are a bit on the small side, but perfectly fine for a couple. Nice stylish decorating. We are picky travelors and we would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We chose here while on our 3 week stay in the states. What we didnt know was that memorial long weekend was when we would be here. The whole weekend was like a massive night club on the streets. In saying that the hotel is in a great location, close walking distance top everything in South Beach.

Rooms were a little small but done the job, The little extras of chocolate and strawberries were nice!

Overall a great place to stay but if you are after a peaceful weekend do not come to South Beach on Memorial Day long weekend.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Me and my buddy stayed here after reading so many great reviews - we were pleasantly surprised at what we got in terms of value for money - in comparison to other (brand) costly hotels in the south beach area. There is currently some construction work going on around the hotel but this did not interfere with our stay. Location, sleep quality, value and service I highly rate (although the staff could try to smile once in a while). Overall cleanliness was still good but I did notice a couple of stains on the wall in the bathroom. The rooms are not the most spacious but this is a great pad if you are literally planning on using it for sleeping. Then again, downstairs there is a great patio garden that is open 24/7 and serves a free continental breakfast every day. The hotel lobby area constantly has a burning inscence stick, and if you do your homework and stay in room 225, you will be staying in the room that Clark Gable stayed in when he was in the army air corps back in the 1940s. Rita Hayworth was also a frequent stayer at this hotel. The hotel was very secure and you will notice many security cameras dotted around the place. Free internet too. would I go back? Yes!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I traveled in July 2010 and chose the Cadet Hotel based on its reviews. I paid $120/night for a basic queen room.

The room itself was perfectly acceptable and cute, clean with very nice towels, soaps, sheets, etc. But I was pleasantly surprised by the bunch of grapes left for me in the room with a welcome note. A short while later, there was a knock at the door and I received two bottles of water and chocolates.

The front desk staff is fantastic and even printed out my boarding passes for my return flight, left in an envelope with my name printed in script. I was very impressed by this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay in Miami Beach.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The service was fantastic! I felt welcomed from the minute I walked in the door.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family