“Great service”

SLS South Beach
Ranked #38 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great service”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

New hotel beautifully designed by Starck.
Room a little too small but well decorated.
Top service, great attention to each customer.
Great job by Rick at concergie, much courtesy from Tess and Nicole at front desk.
They have been very nice to our young girls with kind gifts.
Super japanese dinner in the hotel restaurant.
I strongly suggest it.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Frederico F,
I am so glad to hear that the team at Katsuya delivered a great experience! I will be sure to share your feedback with Rick, Tess and Nicole, thank you.

I hope to see you at SLS South Beach real soon!

Savor Life Slowly,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
California
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here 5 nights to celebrate our baby moon and my birthday. We actually originally reserved an ocean view balcony room at another comparable beach-front hotel, but learned upon arrival that the first hotel was under construction and there would be renovation noise. We quickly switched to the SLS, and couldn't have been happier. From the moment we arrived, the concierge (Andres) went out of his way to take care of us. He provided amazing restaurant suggestions, set up the house car service for each of our planned excursions, and thoughtfully sent up birthday macaroons and a little baby gift for our impending arrival. Dinner at the in-house Bazaar restaurant was spectacular, even on my difficult pregnancy diet and with my husband's lactose restrictions. The front desk, pool and beach staff were super hospitable, and we left feeling totally refreshed. Highly, highly recommended!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear R987_12
I am so happy to hear that the other hotel was under construction! We will be ready for you on the next trip! I will be sure to share your kind words to Andres, thank you! Please let me know if I can assist you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I took a one night mini-break from the kids at the SLS and from the minute we arrived we felt like royalty. The hotel is everything a South Beach hotel should be - sumptuous and decadent. We were totally pampered by the service - absolutely stellar - and loved laying by the guest pool drinking margaritas and eating Katsuya's amazing sushi. The rooms were small (it is South Beach) but so comfortable and beautifully decorated. The rain shower was a great touch. And breakfast in bed was out of this world. We couldn't have had a better night and will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear AliMarie1502,
I am so glad to hear that the night away from the kids was a great escape! Maybe on the next trip they can come along and experience the pool & the beach. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share with the entire team!

Fairfax
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Our little boys (three and one) just had a great time on the beach at SLS! We went for the beach and on that front have no complaints. The staff at the beach - Kenny, Gustavo, John and company were great! SLS has it's own area on the beach and food service is provided. The menu at the beach was a little thin, but my wife loved the tomato and watermelon salad and the pork belly sliders.
The staff at the front desk were also excellent, they even sent up cookies and milk for the boys on our last night! Our only negative experience with staff was with security. We were aggressively approached and questioned on two different occasions if we were guests at the hotel. My wife was particularly offended. After that she especially felt she did not fit in with the young trendy crowd that comprises the bulk of the clientele.
The SLS is most likely not in the family vacation with kids market, but I feel that the staff (with the exception of security) went out of their way to make us comfortable. And of course the boys didn't care, they had a great time at the beach!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear SlickAlik,
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience at SLS South Beach!
I am happy that the boys were able to take full advantage of the pool.
Please accept my apologies for the approach by our Security Department. I will be sure to share your feedback with our Director of Security and coach the team so they improve the experience moving forward. I really appreciate that you took the time to share this detail.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I can assist you on the next visit to SLS South Beach!

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

You knew you had made the right choice when you checked in at the front desk. The staff were so friendly and helpful. They were going to make your experience memorable. We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and they made note of that. Our room wasn't quite ready so we made our way to the pool area where we were inclined to try one of their delicious sounding drinks. Well worth it! Then our room was ready - and what a great room. Quite the romantic setting for a wedding anniversary! I knew then this was going to be a great night! Back to Hyde Beach for lunch where we found something suitable for both our palates ( me watching my weight, him not so much). It's a younger crowd so we were outnumbered, but not out of place. When we got back from the pool, waiting for us in our room was a deliciouse cheese plate - compliments of the hotel. What a nice gesture. Dinner was at the Bazaar - a signature restaurant for Jose Andres. We knew him from DC and were looking forward to dinner. I would be cheating you if I said this is a cheap option. But the tapas we're creative and tasty. George, our waiter helped us navigate the many options and made some great suggestions. Then after dinner back to the bar where we tried the caipirinha - not like any caipirinha we have ever had. Basically a frozen version! Wish I could make that at home! There are so many bars and restaurants to choose from there really is no reason to leave. But leave we did the next morning. And we were impressed even as we bade our farewells. Steve, at the valet station asked if we needed anything for our trip home and brought us two bottles of chilled Evian. We left thinking we will have to come back. And the staff made all the difference.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear DCSoozy
I am happy to read that your anniversary was a memorable one. Thank you for choosing SLS South Beach to celebrate. We will save a room for next year!

All my best,
New York
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I just returned today from a long weekend stay at SLS to celebrate my birthday. As previous reviewers have stated, the room is pretty small, but very lovely. We booked a supreme ocean view king room, however we were disappointed with the view. Since we were on a lower floor in the corner we mostly saw a lot of roof space and air conditioning units, although we could see the ocean (eventually). When we brought it to the attention of the guest manager, she was extremely apologetic and offered to move us to a higher floor, but we declined since we were there for a short stay. The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower was huge, but the bathroom itself was small and pretty cramped when we were both trying to get ready. There was no closet space, but a multi-functional wall unit that served as a wardrobe, dresser, and minibar. The hotel itself is beautiful. The food was amazing, but pricey, (which is to be expected). Loved the pools, and contrary to another review, we were able to access them much earlier than 11 am. However, they close at dusk. The staff was gracious and professional. Every single person was hospitable and helpful, from the valets to the concierge. The nightlife vibe is young and hip, and we spotted several celebrities including members of the champion Miami Heat. We had a fantastic time and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxurious, fun, hip place.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor (above 4) if possible, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Queensgirl 08,
I am so happy to read that you had a fantastic time! Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I look forwrard to welcoming you in person the next time you are back in Miami.

Cheers!
Houston
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My recent stay was during the "soft opening". Walking in, I had a feeling that this hotel is going to be the next "it". The best parts of the SLS Hotel are common areas. The pools, restaurants, and the outdoor bar were awesome. The staff seem dysfunctional at times as to be expected, but went above and beyond trying to accommodate us. The hallway leading to your room is very dark and somewhat sketchy. The room itself is sexy and hip, but is tiny. Let me repeat tiny! I would not stay here for more than a week as there is no room put anything (no closet). I will definately be back to stay at one of the amazing looking pool villas.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Hotel Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Dear Vuguru
I want to take the time to thank you for sharing your feedback it means a lot to me. Although I am unable to recreate the space in our guest rooms, I can assure you that we are working with the team every day through training and development to ensure the best service experience. I hope to welcome you back in person in the very future.