“Perfection!”

Ranked #39 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I must say that this was one of the best vacations I have had! I have stayed in many very nice hotels, Wynn Las Vegas, St. Regis, Ritz Carlton and the neighboring Delano, the SLS South Beach holds the same if not better high standards as these properties do. The moment we enter the door we received warm friendly greetings. Donald at the front desk was wonderful; he congratulated my husband and I on our anniversary and because of that provided us with a nicer room. He personally walked us through the property informing us of the many amenities they had to offer. Our room had a wonderful pool and ocean view and was simply elegant with all white décor and the shower had a great large rain shower head. The room was a typical size for a South Beach Hotel but was perfect for two taking a long 4 day weekend getaway. Everywhere we went on the property we were greeted with smiles and everyone was genuinely friendly. We checked in and immediately went to the pool as the sun was beaming instead of the projected rainy weather forecast. Johnny at the guest pool was very accommodating; he assisted us with anything we needed along with friendly conversation. The hotel design and décor was elegant and eclectic and had elements that were intriguing to the eye such as the live stream of the beach during the day and the city skyline at night that was made to the look like a landscape portrait to entertain you while waiting for the guest elevators.

Concierge and the Front Desk gave us wonderful suggestions for places to dine and made a point to ask us later if we enjoyed ourselves even wanting to know what dishes we ordered or did we find what we needed when we asked about places to shop. Just as Donald was wonderful so were Megan, Susie, Alex, and Leo. Even upon our checking out and having our last indulgence at the bar on the terrace, Scott the bartender working Sunday afternoon provided us with a wonderful drink and conversation. Truthfully I am not sure if the SLS got lucky with the group of people they hired but without a great staff all the elegant accommodations and frills are irrelevant. My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves and can’t wait to come back; the bar has been set high, I hope the experience can be duplicated or is even better!

Thank you Donald, Megan, Johnny, Alex, Susie, Lamar, Carlos, Scott, Alexander at Bazaar and Leo!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Rrjenx
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Rrjenx thanks so much for your candid review on SLS Hotel South Beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very flattered to be put in the list of hotels that you mentioned as they are all high caliber hotels. Here at SLS we aim to maintain a yes sir no sir culture similar to the hotels you mentioned however with a slight twist. We strive to offer a unique and organic experience for every guest that steps foot on property tailoring the stay to the individual, it brings me great joy to know that we executed this for you. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, we are very proud of them all and truly believe with have one of the best staff line ups on the beach. We are up for the challenge you set and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I planned my best friend's bachelorette to the SLS South Beach in August. I could not have been more impressed with the hotel and staff and we could not have had a more amazing time. The hotel is gorgeous, the restaurants superb, and Hyde Beach Club and the pool scene an absolute blast. Not to mention, there is something for everyone, from relaxing breakfasts on the patio, to an intimate dinner at the Bazaar, to fun parties at Hyde Beach Club and pool, to a refreshing afternoon at the private hotel pool, to an afternoon on the beach - we did it all. And the staff was incredible! They took care of us all weekend long, helping us to make plans both at the hotel and in town and helping ME to make sure all of the little details were in order throughout. They made our weekend so special and so memorable. A special thank you to everyone at the SLS!!! I can't wait to come back with my husband or maybe the next girls' trip!

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms have gorgeous views
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lindsey D
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Lindsey D thank you for choosing SLS Hotel South Beach to celebrate your friends Bachelorette party. It brings me great joy to know that the staff left such a great impression on you, they work very hard to exceed all guest expectations while on property. I am glad that you found time to enjoy the Bazaar and Hyde Beach they are both fantastic venues, when you return with your husband you must try Katsuya. Please send our congratulations to the bride and we look forward to welcoming you back to SLS in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The best service I have ever had! Every aspect of our stay was met with friendly, knowledeable guest relations. My wife and I were treated like royalty our entire trip. Check-in was quick and Donald (Compere) was quick to wish my wife and I "happy anniversary" and was able to get us a room upgrade to help celebrate. Another guest services manager brought us champagne. I was really impressed that everyone at the front desk (not just the consierge desk) was knowledgeable about the area and offered great options for dining and shopping. Shout-outs to Susie Guerra, Megan Barry, Leo DeMarsh and Lamar for impeccable service.

Rooms were beautiful (designed by Phillipe Starck) and includes a rain shower faucet head.

The pools (SLS and Hyde Beach) were a good mix of quiet and entertaining. Johnny provided us with great service as well as helpful information about the pools, the bars and the beach.

The Bazaar restaurant was awesome...gotta try the seared scallops! Alex (waiter) and Scott (mixologist) were the best.

What makes this hotel better than any that I have stayed at (including St. Regis) are the people. We will be back...hopefully often!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roy J
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Roy J thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy to hear that you felt like royalty while on property, the staff work very hard to make every guest feel that SLS is a home away from home. Thank you for the kind words about all of the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. I am glad to hear that you had a chance to enjoy some of our wonderful amenities and pools. I agree with you that it is the people that it is the people working within a hotel that makes it great. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just got back from the SLS South Beach- stayed for a long weekend with my husband. I booked the SLS because we stayed at the SLS in Los Angeles and it was an amazing, incredible experience. The SLS South Beach was just as incredible. The location is perfect- right on Collins Avenue. There is quick access to the beach. The beach is well kept and beautiful. The ambiance and staff at the SLS were incredible- everyone was so helpful. The pool and Hyde Beach were a lot of fun- the staff there were great too- very accommodating. Can't wait to book my next trip! Thank you SLSSB!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hc11238
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear hc11238 thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your kind words are greatly appreciated. Here at the hotel we are very proud of our boutique on the beach and it brings me great joy to know that you enjoyed the hotel. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Yeimi Billou at the restaurant was Amazing! She defines great service along with the delicious blends of flavors being served. Kind, friendly and attentive, I was impressed how much she used my name that truly makes an impact on a dining experience and personalizing service. She made great recommendations and made a simple breakfast a memorable experience. Being a south beach resident, I am always looking for great service and great food and the SLS is one of the tops. Thank you Yeimi and look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Justin W
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Justin W thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, your kind words are greatly appreciated. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with Yeimi. The staff work very hard to ensure that all guests feel a warm welcome while on property, it please me to know you felt this while on property. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Just stayed at SLS with a bunch of friends and had a blast! Gorgeous location, super fun beach and pool. The sushi restaurant was delish and hyde beach club was amazing. Everyone who works at the hotel is so nice and friendly. I left my jacket at the club Sat night and flew out Sunday morning. When I called on Monday, security found my jacket and sent it back to me in NY. SO NICE!! Loved SLS.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AKav123
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear AKav123 thank you for taking the time to review SLS hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner at Katsuya and some time at Hyde. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Miami Springs, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Mr Ayo Akinsete:

My friends and I go to SLS often on weekends. We enjoy the ambiance, the energy and the vibe of this wonderful hotel and incredibly full filling night scene for all ages, with its different bars, restaurants and lounges. But the best of all is your staff !! At the bar inside and out of the hotel all our staff is great, but bartender Jose Cespedes is the best !! We search him out because he doesn't have good days or bad, they are always good !! Cheerful, friendly, welcoming, funny and always happy to give advise on what to drink on those warm Miami nights !!

We also enjoy Hyde and there staff makes all the difference. Hassan is the best !! Dan, David and all others are incredible. Thank you for being so selective about your staff, it definitely is appreciated by all us locals MIamians.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear LTpaidos, thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South beach, your kind words are greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy to know that you had such a great time while on property as the staff work extremely hard to ensure that all guests feel a warm welcome on property. Miami locals are a big part of what we do at the hotel, so we always try to make sure SLS feels like a home away from home. Thank you for the kind words about the staff I will be sure to share your positive comments with them all. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.