“Trendy, Hip, Convenient”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #40 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

The SLS is a hip hotel. Tons of things to do! It has beautiful decor and filled with the whos who of miami.
Upon check in meet Donald Compere he is great and will make sure you have an amazing stay. He really knows how to take care of guests.

The hotel is very safe since the lobby and weekends are usually really packed. You need a key card to operate the elevator.

Rooms are on the small size but in this hotel you probably wont hang out in your room much.
The pool area is great on the weekends watch out for a price tag in the Hyde pool where you get the most sun. The service in the pool area lacks sometimes its a hit or miss! That is a big downfall!
This hotel is a bit pricey but you pay for the nightlife, convenience, and location.

The food is really good. breakfast is on point And for lunch the SLS burger is delish!! I also love the croquettes!!
I loved the room service!!

Definitely try Katsuya for dinner and Hyde for drinks it is always a goodtime at the SLS!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Katherineiris thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very proud of our little boutique on the beach and the amazing designs of Philippe Starck, I am happy to hear that you appreciated his work. Thank you for the kind words about Donald I will be sure to share the feedback with him. I am glad to hear that you found time to enjoy Katsuya and Hyde both amazing experiences, on your next trio you must try the Bazaar. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went when they first opened. A friend has some business with the hotel so i wont get too nasty but the reality is, they should stick to the food and the ambiance. The hotel itself is terrible. Nothing like SLS LA. The Rooms are tiny. MY NYC apt is bigger and we had a suite!!! We were fortunate to have a terrace or patio the only problem is that it is right next to the exhaust vent from the restaurants. Nothing like waking up in the morning, stretching, going outside and smelling reduced balsalmic vinegar.

The bellhops have no bounds. They knocked on the door, i was busy and said DO NOT COME IN. In comes the bellhop, i chased him out. I was pissed. The bathrooms? When did we give up convenience and reality for upscale taste. The showers were so poorly constructed that everytime i took a shower it would flood the room.

Spend your money elsewhere but make sure to come here to eat! I would suggest the ST Regis, mondrian

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank andrewreis
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Daniele H thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. I will be the first to admit that we do not have the biggest rooms on the beach, with that being said we do offer villas that have significantly more room. Please accept my apologies for the bellman entering you room, I can assure you he was under the impression that the room was vacant. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel to try one of our larger room types.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband had a work trip to the SLS and our 5-year-old daughter and I joined him. Probably the least kid-friendly place we have ever stayed. For example, there is nothing simple for kids to eat on the menu for room-service or the Bazaar restaurant, the rooms are extremely small, the pool was cold, there are no bathtubs, the shower leaks onto the bathroom floor, there is no closet or other place to store clothes (a large safe takes up 75% of one of the two drawers in the room), and kids are not allowed in the Hyde pool bar/restaurant area. Of course, families with kids are clearly not their target market. The decor is eclectic and fun to look at, and the restaurants on property are great for adults, albeit pricey. It's a big party scene at the Hyde pool, which is very Miami, and full of cool, beautiful people. Also, I have stayed at more luxurious places in South Beach in the same price range - the room design is lacking in functionality and the quality of the furnishings in the rooms is comparable to what one might find at Ikea. The staff were cordial, and the beach attendant kindly went out of his way to borrow some beach toys from the hotel next door for our daughter.

Room Tip: Pack light.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Daniele H thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. In regards to the small rooms Due to the Miami preservation board there were many restrictions that could be made to our historic building originally built in 1939. Unfortunately for us this meant that we could not make many changes to the bones of the building resulting in smaller rooms. With that being said we do have villas that offer considerable more room, which I am sure would be to your liking. I am sorry to hear that you felt the hotel was not kid friendly, we do have two pool one where we have many guests that enjoy time with their children. In regards to Hyde Beach it is catered more towards Adults on the weekends with our pool parties however we welcome children to dine at Hyde during the week when accompanied by an adult. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel so you can really enjoy everything the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have just spent 5 days at the hotel and my experience was priceless. From the moment I got there to my checkout all the employees were very supportive, well trained, and always ready to help. The valet takes a bit longer than usual to bring your car, but that is fine..the hotel is the hot spot in Miami!!! Also, the concierge Vicky was far the bes...her suggestions, her reservations, her patience to receive the itens I bought over the internet until my arrival...everything was just perfect!!! I would not think twice in going back there in my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. It bring me great joy to know that you felt a warm welcome from all staff members they work very hard to exceed guest expectations. Please accept my apologies for the delay with Valet I, traffic on Collins can be very difficult at times. Thank you for the kind words about Vicky I will be sure to share the feedback with her. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

the rooms are a bit small, but the decoration is very good. the staff is very helpful, the location of the hotel is great for going to the beach or a run in the gardens along the beach. the breakfast i don´t recomend it´s better to go outside, too expensive for what they give you. the valet parking also, very expensive. the happy hour by the pool is good with lot´s of people but the service being quick. the restaurant is very good i would recomend one of the meals being there.the bed is very good and the insonorization of the room also.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time by the pool and that you were able to enjoy our amazing beds. It is great to hear that the pool was busy yet you still received prompt service from the staff, they work very hard to exceed guest expectations. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was staying at the SLS Hotel South Beach on Collins Avenue a couple of weeks ago, and it was a great overall experience. From the valet guys to the front desk (Jamie is a star!) and onto the restaurant staff, everyone was super friendly and helpful. The rooms are small but cozy and clean, and the restaurants are superb - it feels like LA meets NYC meets Miami here - Katsuya of course is one of my all-time favorites in LA where I live. It also helps that the hotel is a bit of a 'scene' especially after dinner and beautiful people are abound... but don't feel intimidated you will most certainly feel beautiful too after a couple of cocktails sitting on the outside balcony in the warm wind coming from the ocean surrounded by sexy Brazilians and listening to relaxing house music! I'm going back very soon...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear travelkai3 thank you taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the kind words about Jamie she is one of our shining stars at the front desk, I will be sure to share the feedback with her. I am glad that you were able to dine at Katsuya, on your next trip you must try Bazaar another wonderful dining experience. It brings me great joy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Great location. Haute couture look and feel. Great clients that span the age spectrum but all sophisticated. The day party at the pool was made special by our servers Britney and Hasan, who teamed up to meet my wife and I's every need. The food and drinks were great at the Hyde Beach pool scene. What would you expect from a place that had a drink called, Love Unit??? The sangria and whole red snapper where great as well as terrific salads and fries. Great place, I'll be back!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Ksykes, thank you for taking the time to review to review SLS South Beach. We are very proud of our little boutique nestled in the heart of south beach. Thank you for the kind words about Britney and Hasan I will make sure to share the feedback with the. I am glad that you enjoyed your time and Hyde and look forward to welcoming you back to SLS soon.