W South Beach
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$321
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$466
Official Site
US$553
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$250
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$204
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$261
US$227
US$528
US$329
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$371
Travelocity
3,924 results
All reviewsoasis suitemr choww insiderbliss spadutch restaurantsouth beachmega suitebliss productshospitality suitespg platinumpool arealiving roomhigh floorbeautiful hotelpool stafflate checkoutocean view
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Firstly apologies to all the other W hotels we've stayed at,as this no reflection on you. W south beach is cheap, it is poorly set up and there is no wow factor rooms were poor and not clean. Second the service is the worst I've experienced at a w. no-one approached us to help with bags when we arrived for a group of 6, then wen we had room complications no one would help us with our situation, until 2 hours later they had a solution. The w south beach is a renovated 2star and it shows, it blends in with the 2 star accommodation next door...we checked out after a day and went to another hotel. For $500 a night it is no where near worth it. This hotel does not deserve the w brand.. Look elsewhere while @ south beach.. Our experience was not that of others and we were extremely disappointed. W was not for wow, we used the words what? Where? And who?

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank pilo110373
WSoBeGM, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am quite disappointed to read of your experience. I cannot begin to express my sincerest apologies for the lack of service you received from our staff. Please know this is not the way we service out guests, and with the helpful feedback you provided, we can utilize this experience as a training tool for future guest experiences.

Once again I truly apologize for the lack of "wow" factor on your visit.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Another great W property. Great staff, great pool, great beach. The concierge staff was excellent especially Madeline who handled a number of requests for us including several that were done pre-arrival while I was in Asia. The whole experience was relaxing and rejuvenating which was just what my wife and I were looking for on this trip.

Room Tip: We choose a Fabulous Suite: great ocean view, huge room, awesome bathroom and excellent balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you had a great visit, and it makes it even better that Madeline was able to provide you with our signature whatever/whenever service, all the way in Asia prior to your arrival! We look forward to seeing you in the near future, I will make sure to send her your comments!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just returned from a family vacation at the W South Beach. I admit that I was hesitant to return to this W after staying here in the past. Why? Well, the last time we stayed here the effort to be hip and trendy overshadowed the focus on quality and attention to guest comfort. The noise level was high and the service fairly poor. Nothing wrong with their wanting to serve the party crowd, but that was simply not our goal (maybe we are too old and not their target client we assumed) and so we returned to the Ritz Carlton right up the street. This year, for the 4th of July week, we chose the W simply because we thought our teenage kids would appreciate the “stay in a club” environment.

What a shock (in a good way) we had. This hotel as truly gone through a renaissance and has found the perfect balance of service/luxury and hip/trendy. We had a great vacation with the W over-performing in every way. Now, the service is top notch, with them going out of their way to anticipate every need. Every single service member, from the front desk, to concierge, to pool/beach staff to housekeeping was friendly, efficient and service oriented. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and continually refreshed all week.

The most pleasant surprise is that removal of the overly loud club, that used to run into all hours of the night and a volume you could simply not get away from. While they still had a solid party in the outdoor club every night, there’s no more thumping so loud that it keeps you up, even when on the 16th floor. We slept soundly all week, even on July 4th itself. It's nice to see that the hotel is accommodating guests now and not focusing totally on the locals who come for the night club. (But, don't get me wrong, they seem to still have that going for them. On the day we left, our car picked us up at 4:45 am and we say a large crowd just leaving the club! Ah, to be young again.)

I can now agree with the other reviewers that it really doesn't get better than the W South Beach. I will hold the rest of the Starwood properties to the standard of this hotel. You get the nice, contemporary environment without the “baggage” that it can bring when trying too hard. With a great location and first class design, we left feeling as if we had spent the week on a luxury cruise, with great ocean views, wonderful service and a solid beach experience.
I really have to think long and hard to come up with even the smallest negative comment. I guess I could note that the pool area is small so you have to get on a waiting list for lounge chairs, but that was not so bad as there is plenty of seating at the beach, and chair rental in included in your room rate.

All-in-all, I can’t say enough good things about the W South Beach. They have raised their game and are now among the very best on South Beach. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bus_Travel_TX

Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you had a magnificent stay that exceeded your expectations. We strive to improve just a little bit every day, and I am glad that this visit was much more pleasant than the last. Thanks for sharing your feedback with the trip advisor community, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was our second time staying at the W South Beach and I have to say the place just continues to get better. We booked a fabulous suite which was exactly that an amazing room. We asked for a lower level floor and were given this suite on the 3rd floor unfortunately at that level the foliage has grown so high that despite being "oceanfront" we could not see the ocean. The front desk apologized and immediately gave us a resort credit for the disappointment. The entire staff were very friendly, helpful and provided great service. The pool area is beautiful as are many of the surrounding areas to lounge. The beach is very nice with wonderful service as well. Excellent resort that I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Get a room above the 3rd floor if you want to have a view. Many corner rooms have views of both downtown Miami and the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
WSoBeGM, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I would first like to say thank you for returning to W South Beach for a second time! We are delighted you enjoyed your fabulous room and every aspect of your visit. We know the 3rd time around you will continue to be charmed!

We look forward to creating more fun memories with you soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I was torn between SLS and the Delano and the W so I made the phone calls. Ivana convinced me to stay at the W and I wouldn't be disappointed She advised me how to book because I wanted the mega suite with the pool I was worried about the other reviews of this suite being shabby and tattered so I called Amex platinum and they called on my behalf to be sure I was in a soft renovated room... Someone named Caesar was supposed to see to it but that never happened and I never heard from this guy even after I called him a few times. I must have asked 20 times. Anyway it doesn't really matter because the truth is even if the upper level is weather beaten, you'd probably not use it much anyway but they really need to renovate them. Every time I called I got a different story about this. The only person was Ivana. She remembered me and made it all right. She remembered our anniversary and went above and beyond to make our stay so wonderful that we wouldn't go anywhere else every time we visit Miami. I can't thank her enough for all she did, she is truly an asset to this property. The staff here all ready to do whatever whenever you want. The pool is outstanding and the waitstaff there works hard to make sure that your day is perfect. They remember your name and greet you at every corner. Even Alex who opens the front door so sweetly remembers your name. The DJ is great especially the guy on Fridays.
We checked out the SLS and the Delano while we were there and so glad we chose the W.
you won't be sorry,

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. Ivana is great, we recieve wonderful feedback on her often, and it's great to know that because of her you will be returning to W South Beach. We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for your patronage!