“Customer service rocks”
Review of W South Beach

W South Beach
Ranked #16 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was such an enjoyable stay. Hotel is magnificent. Customer service was the best. In particular one gentleman Cliff Booker could not have been more attentive and kind. He went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could be. Even drove after our departure to drop personal belongings to us that we had left behind. Will definately go back again especially if Cliff is working!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
WSoBeGM, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Guest,

So happy you had a great stay, thanks to Cliff! Him bringing you items left behind after departure exemplifies our Whatever/Whenever service and I will be sure to mention your feedback to him!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, thanks again!

W SoBe GM

Write a ReviewReviews (3,680)

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The property as a whole is beautiful. We stayed in the Oasis Suite and it was huge with a balcony attached to the living room area as well as the bedroom. We came down to Miami to celebrate a 21st birthday and from when we arrived to when we checked out, Melissa (hotel manager) made sure it was a special experience. The pool was amazing and the staff was willing and eager to get you anything you could possibly want. Lunch by the pool was delicious and so was breakfast at The Dutch. Dining on the property is expensive, however you pay for quality food and great service. Beach access is also extremely convenient. Overall the W provided flawless service in every aspect and the beautiful architecture and design of the hotel made it an unforgettable experience on all levels. We were treated like VIPs and I could not have asked for a nicer trip. I can't wait to be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so happy that we were able to make this special 21st birthday a memorable one for you and your party. I will make sure that we mention your comments to Melissa! We hope to welcome you and your party back for many more birthdays to come.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel is not for families on a budget, but as I mentioned in my profile we like to splurge occasionally :) The location is great, rooms are modern, clean and very spacious! We also had an amazing view (facing the ocean)!!! The customer service was outstanding!
I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay as well as the location of W South Beach. We strive for 120% satisfaction of our guests and I am happy that we achieved this over your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I celebrated an important event at the W on South Beach in Miami earlier this month. Raph Chaoul, a W Insider in Miami, really delivered, helping me to receive a tremedous upgrade and deliverying flawless service. Needless to say, I will be back often!

Dear Guest,

What a great experience! Ralph is wonderful, and I am so happy that he made your experience that much more memorable. I will be sure to share your comments with him, and we hope to welcome you back very soon. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have had MULTIPLE stays at the W South Beach and from START to FINISH this property delivers....GREAT restaurants! AMAZING pool! INCREDIBLE Night Club, Top Notch staff (Team Leader Ligy Alarcon has helped me each time) and she is truly awesome from making sure I get the best reservations, to setting up spa treatments, fresh fruit daily in my room ect..ect..ect...I HIGHLY recommend this spot!! This hotel really shows why STARWOOD is the best hotel chain out there!

Room Tip: Ocean views are the best! LOVE the Oasis room!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would first like to start off by saying that you for your continued patronage to W South Beach, it is great to hear that you choose us above the rest! Ligy is a doll, and we are lucky to have this gem as part of our team. I will be sure to share your comments with her!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, thanks for posting such an awesome review!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I am Platinum for life with SPG and a doctor by profession and have had 1000+ stays with them but have never had to post a negative review of any of their properties. I stayed here on July 5 th and was booked for 2 days on my corporate rate which allows a 6 pm cancellation . I decided to leave on 6 th and staff was pissed off as they couldn't charge me the hefty cancellation fees and demanded an immediate check out. I complied to later find out they added$200 to my bill for " Room Damage" . I called the hotel back and they said they couldn't tell me what it was for and the manager has to call me back as he was in the meeting. Manager never called me back and I had to contact SPG corporate services and opened up a file and they were told charge was for smoking in the room. I, of course do not smoke. SPG corporate services gave the hotel 7 days to either produce a proof of damage or return the money and hotel has still not bothered to reply to me. If this is the treatment towards a member of my stature with SPG, watch out. I am insulted to say the least.

Room Tip: Stay away and if you are SPG member, consider Four Points.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank TorontoRocky

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear that you not only endured challenges during your visit, but post visit with the additional charge that was imposed upon you. Please know this is not the way we run our operation, and I will discuss this matter in further detail with my team to ensure future guests do not endure the same experience. Once again thank you for letting us know what transpired and please contact us if your matter still has not been resolved.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This is our third time back at the W south beach and it was even better than before because of two main reasons a man named Ralph Chaoul that pretty much did everything and anything for us from setting up restaurant reservations to guiding us to the best spots and setting up transportation. He went simply beyond and we appreciated it. Secondly, we stay in the two bedroom corner suite which was perfect for my family of 4 and perfect ocean views. We will be back for Christmas.

• Stayed: July 2013
WSoBeGM, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community. We are delighted that you had such an amazing visit, and even better thanks to Ralph! I will make sure to share your feedback with him, and we look forward to welcoming you back in December as much as you look forward to returning.

Thanks again!