This is my second stay at this property. I must say that I was not pleased with my experience. There were 3 main issues that I felt could have been handled better. One, I fully understand the late check-in time due to the 'resort' classification the hotel holds. I came in a bit early hoping that I would be able to check into my room. I was not able to be accommodated, no big deal. I'll wait around. However when the proper check in time (16:00) came and went, I inquired about the status at the front desk, I was told that the room still isn't ready and there was not an expected time to check in. I was merely told I will receive a text message once the room is ready. After dinner (nearly 19:00), I called the front desk to realize that the room was ready and I was not contacted. I feel like I wasted the entire day playing by the rules and losing. I was looking forward to the room and enjoying my vacation with my girlfriend. This vacation was off to a terrible start. Two, On the second day of my stay, we left the room for most of the morning and afternoon. We returned at 16:30 to find our room un-made (the do not disturb sign was NOT posted on our door). We had to call down to the front to request the room to be made up and had to evacuate the room. Again, I was not able to enjoy the room. Three, I realized that my plans required a extra time in the afternoon and requested a late check out. Given my circumstances, I would have hoped for some understanding. The front desk operator met me with a stone wall stating that hotel policy was not able to accommodate me. Nevermind the fact that I checked in late due to terrible planning and communication from the hotel, but also to be met with such unwavering ability to not listen not work with me was VERY off-putting.
I stayed in the so-called "Fabulous Studio" and had two items of note that would make me refrain from stay in that room again. 1) I requested a higher room hoping to be away from street noise. This is not possible as the nightclub is underneath the room. Most of the night was spent trying to drown out the bass from the nightclub. Not very condusive to a good nights sleep. 2)There is no sun on the patio in the afternoon or evening. You miss the beautiful Miami sunset, and sunbathing is impossible as the sun is completely obscured by the main hotel building.
Overall, this stay was VERY disappointing and has made me re-think whether I would like to put the effort into re-qualifying for Status with Starwood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The W South Beach, wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Atlantic or wind down to scenic sunsets in 395 rooms and bungalows featuring the best of resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Starwood, Superbreak UK, Prestigia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your W South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- w Hotels Miami Beach
- w Hotel Miami Beach
- W South Beach Miami Beach, Florida