We stayed as a group in January booking one two bed suite one suite and two Studio rooms
All booked via Amex Centurion who offer breakfast as an amenity .
The two bedded suite was in poor condition. Some lights not working needing replacement bulbs!
We we're told we would have a Nespresso machine which we did but no expresso cups only big mugs!
No care taken at all.
When I enquiries about some expresso cups the man at reception said we may have to rent them!
I presumed he had been trained by Basil Faulty!!!
We only got the cups when we wrote some complaints to the general manager then we got three sets !
My sons Studio was a bit of a shambles with one cupboard having being kicked in with a large ugly dent in the faux wood door .
Also his balcony door handle fell off so the door could not be opened shabby !!!
The breakfast in the Dutch was farcical,
The allowance from Amex meant you could not get the meagre buffet without paying extra.
The hotel blamed Amex but it looks to me like a scheme to get one to pay more what kind of allowance cannot get you a coffee and a bagel?
I tried the smoke salmon and found it tasteless .
So I asked a manager who brought out a fresh lot .It tasted the same must be super cheap not the fare of a top priced hotel!
Confusion reigned you had to fill in a form to get eggs it was like being back at school!
They told us it was so the chef would not get confused !
I suppose writing down an order is out of the question for the high flying restaurant staff!
When one of my guests left I checked the bill and found some odd bar bills in his name but the signature was not his !!!
Very suspicious it was removed from the bill but left us feeling uneasy.
The rooms and suites all have ridiculous adjectives as names
Wow or Sensational but they are underwhelming because of the poor condition , the rooms are not maintained well at all.
Shocking to learn that the hotel is only four years old!
Housekeeping was poor too
Often we were having to request basic items like towels etc.
The staff in general were very nice and apologetic.
The Lobby area is very nice indeed and has a good atmosphere.
The fitness centre is ok
The only restaurant is the Dutch which is poor
The bar is very nice and well run.
Good location too expensive poor value indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The W South Beach, wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Atlantic or wind down to scenic sunsets in 395 rooms and bungalows featuring the best of resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Prestigia, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your W South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- w Hotels Miami Beach
- w Hotel Miami Beach
- W South Beach Miami Beach, Florida