W South Beach
Official Site
US$562
US$392
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$321
US$283
Hotels.com
US$528
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$372
US$341
US$472
US$303
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$173
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$311
US$240
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$163
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$390
US$371
3,929 results
All reviewsoasis suitemr choww insiderbliss spadutch restaurantsouth beachmega suitebliss productshospitality suitespg platinumpool arealiving roomhigh floorbeautiful hotelpool stafflate checkoutocean view
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is without a doubt the worst excuse for a luxury hotel that it has ever been my misfortune at which to stay. It seems they take perverted pleasure in messing up at every opportunity. Service is almost comically bad. We are still waiting for our early check in room at 17:00. The restaurant was bringing us our drinks order at a rate of one drink every 10 mins and no food after 40 minutes. Under no circumstances order the Bloody Mary - it will haunt me forever. This place belongs in the twilight zone! Stay here at your peril!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Javad Z
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We express our sincerest apologies for the lack of service you received from our staff. Please know this is not the way we service our guests. With the helpful feedback you provided, we can utilize this experience as a training tool for future guest experiences.

Once again, we truly apologize for the lack of "wow" factor on your visit.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Recently we stayed for a week. Even if the hotel is very modern and I don't like modern style however the staff made me feel home and they were extremely nice and caring. Especially a big thank you to Casey who satisfied all accommodation requirements. All my evenings were planned by the amazing Gabriella Di Falco that reserved for us to the best restaurants in Miami even when it was all booked. Everybody knows and love her in Miami. Thank you GABRY!!! And a special thank you to the brazilian valet who dropped us to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank R_ffa77
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to have been your home away from home. We'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Casey and Gaby, who are both wonderful members of our team. Thank you once again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

I have a AAA membership
I have SPG gold membership (through Amex platinum)

We are in the oasis suite. We got it for 791 plus tax a night (I think its around 900 a night total). The regular price for the room is 1064 plus tax a night.
Two days before I arrived I called to make sure we could get an early check in. I asked for 3:30 instead of 4pm. Not that crazy of a request, right? I knew that my kids would be drained after the flight and wanted to rest afterward. They said no problem we can take care of that. I also asked for a high floor. He said the 10th floor has the best view and he would put in the notes to make sure it was available when we arrived. He also told us because there was alot of space and we were gold members we would probably get an upgrade.
When we arrived at 3:30, we were told that our room was not ready and they would call us when it was. I asked the what was the room number, they said it wasn't assigned yet. They said the hotel is full and no one was going to get an early check in. Meanwhile the guy right next to me was getting an early check in to an oasis suite. I asked why he got an early checkin, they said he was waiting longer than I was so.... I said I called 2 days ago to have it arranged and she said sorry you cant do that over the phone.
So we decided to have lunch by the pool. We didnt get a call so at 4:15 I went to the front desk and asked for the room. They forgot about us. The woman at the front desk had no idea what she was doing and for every request went to, I guess it was the manager, to find out what to say. My wife did get the call after I sat down with the keys at 4:30. They said the hotel was full, there were no upgrades available and they put us on the 4th floor facing the parking lot.
Then we asked someone to come up that evening to set up the bed for the kids. We didn't need the media room so we used the fold out couch as a bed, they are 4 and 7 so they don't need much. It took them 30 minutes to get up to our room. The same thing happened with the request to clean the room.
I know these things might sound trivial, and I agree if you get a regular room for 2-300 a night. But I expected more for a room that costs over 1K a night.

I am still here but neither I nor anyone who asks my advice will ever stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gingi999
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We offer our sincere apologies for the lack of 'wow' factor on your visit. We have addressed your feedback with our team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Once again, our apologies.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is very well located on South Beach, the suite was great but what topped the stay was Gaby the VIP concierge always available/ready to help and no request an issue for her to solve. The hotel communal areas are also very warm and seductive! The poolside has a great Vibe!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your Penthouse, as well as the flirty vibe throughout the property. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to host you for many more visits to come!

Until next time,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were disappointed to pay over $750 per night in a room where we were either awoken in the middle of the night by the noise from the nightclub (until 4am--when we called to speak to a manager, the response was "they are our tenant and that's ok"--so much for the concerns of their guests) or by construction (at 8am) at the building next door. No notice was given as to either issue which were clearly known upon making our reservation. We were also offended to pay $45 for internet service (which every Holiday Inn gives for free) and $17 at the beach for a bottle of water. This is not an exaggeration, a beer was $9 and water was $17 - go figure! On the other hand, our room was beautiful and the staff were very kind and accommodating - not so much for the management.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask if the room is near the nightclub or construction noise. We found out it has been going on for 1.5 years.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisa c
WSoBe, General Manager at W South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We offer our sincere apologies for the noise you encountered during your stay, including that made by our neighbor. We are closely monitoring construction progress. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, and hope you will consider us for future stays.