“Hip choice for Hip Area!”
Review of W South Beach

W South Beach
Ranked #14 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hip choice for Hip Area!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Nice spacious rooms; most that are actually mini suite apartments. Newer property located just a bit north of the central area of South Beach. Rooms get a bit of wear and tear but still nice. Small balconies with seating a big plus. On the beach with lovely beach service, for a fee. Most everything is fee centric so be prepared. Fully amenitized from signature restaurants, spa, gym, bars, pools, and beach access. Higher floors have nice views and are quieter. Bar is quite the scene on weekends. Fun people watching as well. Service is good but can be a bit rushed and surly.

Room Tip: Ask for southern views on higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kirk R
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
It was our pleasure to have you. We're pleased to share that we will soon be refreshing our guest rooms, and look forward to having you back so you can personally see the difference. Hope to see you soon!

stephanie.dunn@whotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The best thing about the W South Beach wasn't the prime location, trendy decor, clean comfortable room, toiletries (Bliss brand shampoos and lotions and useful extras like makeup remover), the free upgrade I got to a room with a beach view or the friendly and eagerly helpful valets and door men. The best thing about the W South Beach was the email I received from Rick Ueno (GM) after I filled out a survey about my stay.

After checking out, I got an email from Starwood Hotels asking me to give feedback about my stay at the W. As a Starwood Preferred Guest, I figured I might as well participate in the survey even though I suspected my responses would most likely be sent off into the “Twilight Zone,” as many customer surveys are-- never to be read or seen of again. Surprisingly, I was wrong.

Just a day or two after submitting my survey, I got a personal email from Rick Ueno addressing the one and only negative aspect of my stay which I’d identified in my survey-- $14.95/day internet access in my room (I've stayed at cheaper hotels like Hampton Inn where internet is ALWAYS free!). Rick told me that he was going to refund the fee I had incurred for the internet service and to save his email and let him know next time I stay at the hotel so he can add "special GM touches" to my next stay.

This to me is a shining example of what good, responsive, respectful customer service looks like and it's what will make my stay at the W one that’ll stand out in my mind for a long time. With so many options for hotels, it's careful and attentive customer care that makes all the difference when deciding between companies. Thank you Rick, for making me feel HEARD and for making the W South Beach my new go-to when visiting Miami!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Our guests' 110% satisfaction is always our top priority. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, as we personally read all feedback and are constantly looking for ways to bring our service to an even higher level of luxury.

Until next time,

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the W with our 3 children on our way to the Caribbean and again on our trip home at the end of our vacation. We enjoyed our stay both nights. We had 2 beautiful rooms with amazing views of the beach and surrounding area each stay. The staff provided exceptional service. We needed a roll-away bed for our kids' room. When I requested it and found out it was $75 I was shocked and turned it down. The woman helping me at the front desk immediately offered to comp it for me. This was impressive service. While on vacation in the caribbean I broke my back water skiing. I was in incredible pain during our return trip. Isaac Augustama noticed and was quick to offer an ice pack as well as an electric kettle and towels so I could apply both ice and heat. They were delivered to my room within minutes. The care and concern were above and beyond my expectations.

Room Tip: High floors have great views of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Our team is always ready and willing to go the extra mile for our guests, and we're so pleased that we were able to assist with ice packs and an electric kettle for your back pain. We hope you were able to enjoy your South Beach vacation in comfort, and hope you feel better soon!

Until next time,

West palm beach, fl
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Always love staying at the W. However the south beach location is a specifically wonderful and unique W - great room, pool, meals, service and this time I stayed, I visited and enjoyed the bar and club, The Wall.

• Stayed August 2014
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We appreciate your continued loyalty to W South Beach. It's our pleasure to make each one of your stays special, and we can't wait to have you back for another amazing getaway.

Until then,

Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 9 August 2014

All over a good place to vacation, took the niece and nephew and the staff was so great with them, they kept them entertained and the beaches were beautiful. I will be back. Only minus was parking, because other vacationers would try to park there to get to the beach even though they weren't a guest at the hotel. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Next time you visit, our WHEELS department would be happy to valet your car for you. See you soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Great guy! Amazing service! Everyone at the W mostly at wet bar offer the best of services!! We will return to this hotel every time we go down to Miami! The rooms are also gorgeous staying on the penthouse floor just stunning! It's the place to be in Miami!

Stayed August 2014
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We can't wait to share your compliments with the team at our WET Deck! We're glad you enjoyed some fun in the sun, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Until then,

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for a night. I wish had the time to extend my stay here. Every room in the hotel faces the beach. Rooms are big, clean, airy with balcony facing the beach.
Excellent service and professional staff. I want to come back here sometime.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie D, Manager at W South Beach, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We love treating all of our guests to ocean views, made possible by the building's innovative 25-degree angle toward the Atlantic. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we can't wait to welcome you back.