We went to the W South Beach during the holiday season in April and loved it. As a Gold SPG member, we were upgraded from a standard room (I booked under cash & points) to a suite, which was very appreciated as we were travelling with a toddler and could use the extra space. The pool is a total scene, and during the holidays it was lots of Long Island housewives & their Goyards, but still a very nice time (we actually never made it to the beach since it was so convenient to hang out by the pool and order lunch there - although pool menu is quite pricey and not as good as The Dutch). The Dutch restaurant has an amazing breakfast, and when I fantasize about what I want on my carb cheat day, I think of the buffet option at the Dutch. The bliss products are great, and one of the few brands that you actually think about buying when you get back home. I found the staff to be one of the most articulate, polished group of hotel employees in my travels from the guy at the front desk to bellboy. Room service was just average, and I provided that feedback in a Starwood survey (to which I received a response from the manager that they were planning to upgrade the menu). The 24 hour gym is definitely adequate with technogym treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes (I'm personally a life fitness fan, especially for things like the ellipticals, which felt flimsy). There are some weight machines as well. But I thought there was an opportunity for more equipment diversity (like a rower or a stairmaster or maybe a step). They have free refrigerated water bottles and apples in the gym, which is a nice treat. When you checkout, I recommend very carefully reviewing the bill as many expensive meals were charged to our room that were not ours. Overall, I would highly recommend the W South Beach for families or adult only travelers, and I look forward to visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The W South Beach, wake up to spectacular sunrises over the Atlantic or wind down to scenic sunsets in 395 rooms and bungalows featuring the best of resort living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Superbreak UK, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your W South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- w Hotels Miami Beach
- w Hotel Miami Beach
- W South Beach Miami Beach, Florida