“Great Spa Services & A Beautiful Property”

Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Ranked #38 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Vienna, Virginia
“Great Spa Services & A Beautiful Property”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We did not actually stay at the Mondrian, but my husband and I booked appointments for facials and massages at the Agua Spa. As part of our appointment we were allowed to use the pool facilities for the duration of the day.

Upon arrival at the pool around 1pm, it was packed. There are pool managers wearing headsets and one of them quickly scouted out two poolside chairs for us. The pool was a great place for relaxing and people watching before our spa treatments.

Our massages and facials were amazing and relaxing. Because the treatment rooms were on exterior walls, you could actually hear some of the outdoor noises and once a honking horn disturbed my relaxation and reminded me I was in a city and not on a secluded beach.

After our treatments we were able to use the locker room facilities including the huge showers with multiple jets.

Once we exited the spa we were just in time to catch a beautiful sunset from the pool deck.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TVChick16
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you. We are pleased that you enjoyed your treatments at Agua Spa and that you enjoyed your time by the pool. We hope to have you stay over with us the next time you are visiting Miami.

Ellis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
PLEASANTVILLE, NY
Reviewed 15 August 2012

On our second stay here, and this time only for a night, we were reminded of how much we like the hotel. Of special significance was the exceptionally warm hospitality, professionalism, and courtesy shown us by the very personable Guest Experience Manager, Nancy Lauck, who welcomed us at check-in last weekend and helped make our stay special and enjoyable.
--Lee Daniels

Room Tip: Everything tip top, from service to room to presentation by servers..Only possible complaint was the...
1 Thank FLD07
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Thank you for your recent and repeated visit to Mondrian and for sharing your experience with us. We're delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially the service provided by Nancy. She brings so much to the experience, we're delighted she provided you with memorable service.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is a quintessential South Beach hotel. It's ultra modern, trendy, chic and very hip. The pool area alone is worth the stay. Great views, service and plenty of eye candy (it's South Beach, after all.)

Our room was gorgeous! Very slick in every way yet comfortable and warm. Loved it.

The hotel is a bit of a walk from the main drag, but it wasn't bad. I would stay here again, that's for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ielshareef
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for this review and your recent visit. We're glad you enjoyed our setting and vibe and look forward to your next visit soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Hitting the three high points of design hotels, Morgan's Mondrian South Beach is perfect destination.

- Style
- Service
- Comfort

Each important area was taken in with aplomb. The hotel itself is gorgeous with great design abounding.

Room Tip: Our Room #405 was a suite sized room with kitchen and giant bath - just without the water view and b...
2 Thank septemous
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you. We hope you will join us again soon.

jtml0802
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Mondrian when a group of girlfriends and I visited Miami for a weekend. We had two rooms booked and at check-in, I requested the rooms be near each other. They weren't able to find a studio near the double room we booked, so they gave us a free upgrade to a one bedroom balcony suite, which ended up being very spacious.

The halls of the hotel are sweetly perfumed and each room door included two peepholes... one up top and one lower down! The elevators did seem to be a bit run down though as the background art was dirtied and ripped at the bottom. The room is very modern and trendy with a just a few things we found a bit inconvenient. There wasn't much counter space in the bathroom where we could keep our huge toiletry bags without getting wet as the whole bathroom counter was a gigantic rectangular sink. You can argue the water won't get all the way to the left side, but I just found this still a bit incovenient (albeit trendy looking). Oddly though, the room our friends stayed in did have a rolley cart next to the sink where they could put their stuff. I thought the chandelier rain shower was pretty cool, but the shower door was too short and caused water to spill out of the shower area. The large mirror in the bathroom is good and the large mirror outside is trendy with an orange-tint (just don't try to put your make-up on with the orange-tinted mirror as it's kinda hard to see in detail and to make out colors!).

The best part of the hotel is the pool area, which is what bumps my review from 3 to 4 stars. Service is extremely friendly. Once you find your chair, a staff member is already there prepared to lay out a towel for you. Each corner of the pool has a water dispenser with cups in case you get thirsty. Sunday is their pool party day with a DJ playing music and the staff members going around asking if you'd like a juice shooter or water. Around the pool are a number of lounging areas with large pillows and comfortable couches. Right by the bay, the Mondrian has a marina where boats can easily dock. The staff at the bar area outside is very friendly too. They even let us plug in our own music speakers to listen to our own music as we took up the whole bar area.

When I got home, I did notice I was charged $28 for supposedly using the minibar in the room. Completely false, called them, and they fixed it.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you. We're glad your pool experience was so memorable. Please come back again soon.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I read countless reviews and honestly at first was not sure if I wanted to book, some said too noisy, some said not clean enough, some said the scent of the hotel was too strong, so I hesitated at first. That said, I finally decided to book for both location and style and let me tell you, I definitely made the right decision. I LOVED this hotel and I travel ALOT! The hotel is beautiful, the staff was incredibly friendly during all interactions including when they held a bottle of champagne a friend dropped off for my husband's birthday because we had a do not disturb sign on our door. The hotel was very clean and I am a clean freak! The bed was SOOOO comfortable. I normally travel with my own pillow including a body pillow especially if it is local. this time I left it home and was concerned that I would not sleep well, even commented to my husband that perhaps we should turn around and get my pillow so I don't complain. Well, I def did not need my pillow, the hotel was kind enough to provide a couple extra and I slept like a baby, comfy bed, great linen. The pool is great, loved the DJ and the pool attendants are some of the best service I have ever experienced. All in all, I loved this hotel and my stay. DO NOT HESITATE TO BOOK!

Room Tip: Just book your room, you will not be disappointed!
2 Thank LoriHD
Thank you again for your visit and for this great review. We're glad you decided to stay with us and are happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Laurelton NY
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Where do I begin, me and my friends arrived at the hotel and from the very beginning they treated us like royalty.Priscilla gave us her card and told us to let her know if there was anything she could do to make our stay better. Now yes the room was equipped for 2 and there were 3 of us and yes being women you know we brought plenty of clothes and yes there were not a lot of hangers, so duh we called downstairs told them we needed more hangers and that we needed more tableware and within minutes they had sent the items up. The next morning we headed to the pool, well that was an awesome experience also. We stepped out and there was David Arth asking us where he could set up us, he brought us towels and kept checking on us. We stepped away for a while and would you believe he reserved our chairs and if that is not enough the next morning when we came out he had our chairs all set up just waiting for us. We had a lovely dinner at their restaurant and the next day they sent up a plate with goodies thanking us for dining at the restaurant. And when we checked out at 5a.m. we again had Priscilla assist us and she did ask how our stay was, and at the end of it all said "see you next year". We absolutely loved it. Everyone we encountered was wonderful and let me just make it perfectly clear we are 3 very down to earth ladies who went there just to have a good time and the Mondrian staff took very good care of us and made us feel very special. I travel the most out of the 3 of us so I have plenty of hotels to compare the Mondrian to and there is no comparison. And if I go back to So Be I would pick them again.

BTW if you go to the Mondrian and do not have enough hangers feel free to ask for more.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank prdboricua
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you. We're so happy that Priscilla and David and the rest of our team provided you with such a great time. We look forward to your visit next year if not sooner.