stayed there around september 2011, The hotel is pretty and upon arrival we were offered a suite instead of the regular room we had book. The suite was spacious and clean, the bed comfortable.
Only took breakfast there once, the eggs benedict were pretty good, but they do exagerate a bit on the price, but hey it's miami and when you at the mondrian you know what to expect, same in LA.
The swimming pool is nice and there is a very nice view, Bartender at the swimming was great and did great cocktails.
indeed there is no beach but it is not advertise as such so i don't find it beeing a problem as you book knowing what you get, at least if you pay attention.
My only 2 disapointement were that first of all during our stay they were going thru fire alarm inspection which means that by noon the latest the alarm would start, which is a bit annoying as we are in Miami so most people party there and therefore there is better then being waken up by fire alarm testing. I understand that this is something that has to be tested but dates should be advertise while booking so you know what to expect !!!
The second "problem" appeared when we booked thru the concierge service our day trip to the everglades, although he did a great job at booking it for us, after we talked with other people in the shuttle bus ( it is a service that pick several people at difference location and that also stop at the mondrian) we realized that we had paid at least double the price then the rest of the people there with us for exactly the same thing. When we came back the concierge asked us how our day was, we politely mentionned to him that we were surprise that we had a different rate then the rest of the people but he replied he couldn't do anything about it that it was not depending on him .... How i don't really undertand that but i didn't want to waste time with it, take it into consideration if you plan on booking any day trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach