“This is one place I would go back to on Miami Beach”

Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Ranked #38 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“This is one place I would go back to on Miami Beach”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Checked In on the last Friday of ArtBasel. The hotel was jumping with artists and wanna-be's. Arrival was smooth and the room was certainly up to par. I had a City view suite, that was at a good temperature (for being Miami). I was impressed by the quality of the bar service at the pool-side (Evelyn) and inside. Despite having to deal with lots of "weekend money crowd", their smile, service and delivery is spot on.

I had a small issue in the bar and I have to say that was very impressed by the reaction of the Barman (Quinten) and the Manager (Jennifer). Situation was really well managed. If I said they went "out of their way" it may seem like theywere exaggerated. They simply took the drama out of the situation and were so professional and apologetic.

Would I go back...Yes!!

One comment.. the breakfast is a little limited. Not much on the menu and even less on the buffet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit and for your kind recommendation. We are glad you enjoyed the room and our service. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Ellis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

It is a gorgeous hotel. It is the most beautiful hotel that I stayed in my this trip. The room is nice and thoughtful. I love the design of the suites and the view is so awesome. The staff is so nice even the expedia is not so good. They upgrade the rooms for me and that is so generous and friendly.

I would like to stay here again during my next trip to Miami.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 48yunl
Dear Yun,

Thank you for your recent visit and this kind review. We are happy you enjoyed our room product and are delighted you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating. We hope you will join us again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The design is Marcel Waanders. Rooms come with their own kitchen. It's so comfy one could stay there long term. The room service is provided by Asia de Cuba. The Burgers are Pat La Frieda. Mini bar is stacked. Need I say more?

Room Tip: Book a double double, even if you are alone because you get a balcony. Normal doubles have no balcon...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Uberfluss
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Angelos,

Thank you for your kind review and recent visit. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the amenities we offer. Just to clarify, we have many room types with balconies including 1 Bedroom Suites, Bay View 1 Bedroom Suites and Bay View Studios with King or 2 beds.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My friends and I recently treated ourselves to a stay in a one bedroom suite at Mondrian South Beach! The room was so large and comfortable. We had a balcony facing the bay which was an added bonus. Most of our time spent at the hotel was at the pool. David and Karen who work at the pool were extremely gracious. They knew what we were going to request before we had the chance to ask for it. David even came over every half hour or so to adjust my umbrella as the sun was moving and he knew I wanted to stay in the shade. The food was great! My favorite bite was the miso black cod buns! So clever! The morning of our departure we treated ourselves to 60 minute massages! I had Maria and she was heaven sent...my girlfriends said that their massages were amazing as well but I do not know the names of their therapists. I can't wait to go back to Mondrian sometime this winter to escape the north east cold!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katherine S
Dear Katherine,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for this kind review. We are delighted our staff provided you and your friends with such a memorable experience and we look forward to your next visit soon.

London
Reviewed 3 December 2013

It was our first stay at the Mondrian and it was alright. I think if they sort the restaurant/food offerings out the Mondrian will really have something.

Our room was nice and spacious with a lovely view over the water. It had just about everything we needed which was nice. The bathroom was a bit tired with brown grout in the corners, but nothing that can't be remedied quickly with a bit of attention.

The service, from the front desk to the pool, throughout the place was excellent. They were helpful, prompt and just plain nice. I have to say that they were on par with the best service I’ve experience in Miami.

Two things - I think the rooms should have the carpet/rugs extended in them. We woke up just about every night of our stay to the person staying above us walking around their room in heels at about 2am which was very audible. We could also hear the furniture being dragged across the floor (at 2am???). The other thing was the food. We ordered lunch twice and it was sub par - the quality was not nice and it was just not done properly. This was such a shame considering they have gotten so much else right. We were even told by people we met in the lift not to eat at the restaurant in the evening because it was not good.

The location is great, its set aside from the madness of South Beach on the quiet westerly side. They also have a happy hour at the hotel bar which is great for guests, although the bar service is a bit slow. There are cute little places to eat down the street and a Whole Foods within a 5min walk. Everything is reasonably easy to get to from there. Overall it’s a nice hotel and with a few tweaks could be great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LDNTraveller05
Thank you for your recent visit. We are glad you enjoyed our room product and location and are delighted you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We believe we have the best staff in South Beach and are happy you agree. We are sorry for the inconveniences you encountered and are pleased to know they were minimal. We hope you will join us again and try our new restaurant opening this month.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I'm a regular traveler to south beach and decided to stay at Mondrian from some recommendations of some friends. I was planning a special event and called to speak to Stephanie their event planner.

Not only did Stephanie and Giovanni help me with my event from across the country but they helped me with my whole stay and connected me with everyone i needed.

The hotel is AMAZING, the rooms are some of the best you can find in south beach for the price/ size and the view of the bay is breath taking.

Every night we had the most amazing sunset over looking downtown Miami which would turn into an awesome city-line view. The ocean is great but at night you can't see anything. At the Mondrian you get to view downtown and all the action that comes with it. Not to mention the Mansions on star island right across the bay in viewing distance.

I'm not sure I would stay anywhere else from now on. Lincoln was a 7 min walk and cabs to all the clubs and any of the other beach hotels were under $10.

Would definitely recommend this hotel - Service was excellent and everyone was extremely nice. No attitude with anyone

Room Tip: Get a bay view pay the extra money. A balcony is a must as well.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse E
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Jesse,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Stephanie and Giovanni are indeed amazing and are part of a team dedicated to providing you with an original guest experience. We are delighted our staff exceeded your expectations. We're glad, too, that you enjoyed our setting here on West Ave and the incredible views it affords. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just ok. Tries to be upscale. Paintings are weird. Very expensive for everything. Rooms are boutique style. Good for romance
Location is so so. Amenities are so so

Overall I would not return and would not recommend this hotel since there are too many other hotels closer to the beach

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrtimothyCarroll
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your recent visit. We are sorry we are not the hotel for you.