I'd like to be able to say that The Mondrian South Beach even earns 3 stars, but you can't award 2.5. The hotel is a bit tired. Our first room, a suite, had the dirtiest, broken "sleeper sofa" that you could find better at the Salvation Army. I put it in quotes because the one inch mattress on a metal frame that looked like an old metal pool lounger is not suitable for anyone to sleep on. A much better example is at the value chain Residence Inn. Second room better but no where to store clothing(no drawers). No doorman to open the heavy front doors when you're coming in with bags; half the time no one answers the phone at the concierge. Food is a zero. Really. We ordered room service--sushi + salads and it was extremely disappointing. The restaurant at the hotel has been empty the past two days; the most food is ordered at the pool. While the service at the hotel is underwhelming, David at the pool is a bright spot and goes out of his way to make you comfortable. The view is gorgeous and the area is fantastic--whole foods and Starbucks across the street, which come in especially handy in this case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach