“almost perfect”

Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Ranked #39 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Everything about this hotel is first class.
wonderful staff..the pool staff and the maitre D were amazing...
My room was huge...
why not perfect?
well..no robe in the room.
and the prices of everything at poolside were outrageous.
I had a small salad and a drink.
50 bucks.
valet parking? 38..no other hotel parking is available.
not thrilling.
but...staying with the complementary lemon water poolside the next day..it was much better.
This would be the perfect hotel for romance or a honeymoon.
My room was so big....
I did not even realize it had a full kitchen.

Room Tip: try to get as high a room as possible as the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for this review. We are glad you enjoyed the amazing view from your spacious room as well as our wonderful staff. We apologize for the oversight of not having a robe in your room. We hope a quick call to our housekeeping department was able to promptly rectify this. As for our pricing, we wish to let you know that we constantly shop our competitors and we are in line with other hotels in South Beach. We hope to welcome you back soon and get that 5th circle on your next review.

Best regards.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt this hotel has the best service I have ever experienced and I have stayed at many 5 star hotels. The team by the pool in particular did everything they could to make you feel welcome. You simply have to go to experience it. David, Josh and Ashley were fantastic and will look after you no end. If you stay in Miami, look no further than staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julesy86

Thank you for your recent visit and your recommendation. We are delighted you found our staff to be so helpful. We feel we have the best team in South Beach who genuinely love what they do; we are pleased it showed through with you. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Mondrian and had an amazing experience. We were upgraded to a bay view room and were immediately impressed with the upscale and very large space. The view was spectacular...the hotel overlooks the bay and downtown Miami. One word describes the hotel...GOREGOUS!

Room Tip: Request a bay view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank manninod

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for this kind review. We are glad we were able to upgrade your room room to a Bay View so that you could enjoy the amazing views our hotel offers. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I recently had an extended vacation at the Mondrian and we had a wonderful time because of the great staff.

We spent pretty much all day, every day hanging out at the pool. The pool area is beautiful and we really enjoyed lounging in the chairs that overlook both the pool and they bay. David and Eddie remembered us from day one and were always sure to get us set up in our favorite spot. They greeted us warmly every morning and checked on us throughout the day. And Bruno was always around smiling, greeting guests and making sure all was shipshape.

And of course if there's a pool bar, you can find me there. And why not? The 2 main bartenders, Alex and Olya are excellent company and take fantastic care of all their guests. I have a lot of fond memories of just sitting at the bar with Olya. She's a superstar who really made my vacation (which was during a stressful time for me) wonderful. When I was too lazy to go to the bar and ordered lunch or drinks to my chairs, the waitstaff were all quick to help and very friendly.

The guys at the front door always greeted us kindly when we came and went and were quick to hail cabs for us as well. It was nice to come back from Starbucks every morning to be greeted with a "welcome back."

I'd recently been to a few other hotels where it was clear that the staff was unhappy with their job and it showed. At the Mondrian, it was just the opposite. During my trip I heard 4 staff members say out loud that they loved their job. I thought that spoke a lot to the hotel and the management. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mkouzmine

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We enjoyed hosting you and your family. We are delighted so many of our staff, from front door to pool bar, made such a favorable impression upon you. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I travel for work and customer service is everything . I will read the negative reviews, Priscila was at the front desk during check in and she addressed my concerns. I will make the Mondrian my Hotel of choice during my stay in South Beach. I will recommend the Hotel to my Traveling friends. Job Well Done !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eriq_Omega88

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Priscilla. She is but one of a team who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel was amazing! I stayed for a extended girls weekend and can't wait to return. We had a bay view suite and the view was absolutely amazing. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Most importantly the bed was comfortable! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed sitting by the pool and eating sushi. Happy hour drink and appetizer specials were great. Would most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jessica C

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your recommendation. We are glad you enjoyed the very spacious Bay View Suite which offers amazing views. We are happy, too, that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We believe we have the best team in South Beach. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I previously stayed at Mondrian a couple years ago and had an ok time. I decided to give this hotel another try for a quick trip down to South Beach. I was presently surprised of the boost in service. Checking in was quick, easy, and polite by Natalie. The hotel is super clean and posh. Modern decor I love the girl on the walls so cute. The rooms are huge comparing to their competition. The service is a major improvement. By the pool, David is a great host. The waitresses are not bad at all but the star server is Louis. Food and drinks are great too. Really enjoyed the salt water pool. Only downfall would be house keeping missed 2 nights of our stay so staying in a dirty room on vacation for me is a total waste. Also the pool chairs are uncomfortable. Other than that, its a Green Light for a stay!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katherineiris

Thank you. We are glad you noticed an improvement in service. We have made great effort in striving to deliver the best in South Beach. We apologize that your room was not serviced adequately. Our housekeepers clean rooms between 9:00am and 5:30pm. We hope to welcome you back soon