Ever go somewhere and be treated like a VIP, even when you really aren't? That's this place for us. On our last day, sadly but no matter, this was a memorable stay thanks mostly to the staff that work tirelessly to give you a great stay.
The room is nice, maybe a bit spartan but that is true of many of Morgan hotels. Still chic. Upgraded to a suite by the very kind and sweet front desk lady, sorry didn't catch her name. But it was the start of the VIP service.
The hotel is located on the bay side. It's quieter and less hectic. Maybe 7/8 blocks from the ocean if you need a beach fix. But the pool area is so nice we never missed the beach.
David, the pool concierge is unbelievable. He works tirelessly and always is smiling and friendly, wanting to satisfy your needs. I've never met anyone who worked harder to make sure his responsibilities were surpassed. Checked on us throughout the day as if we were the only ones at the busy pool. Do bosses know how important these people are? I hope so. Josh at the pool equally terrific. Made recommendations that were spot on for drinks and dinner, even willing to make our reservations if needed. Always checked on us, even at the inside bar when he was off duty. Who does that? The team of David and Josh really made our vacation by making us feel so special. Great, great service.
Samir at the bar inside also was a star. Very professional and again with great suggestions. Kind and attentive wanting to make sure things were good. Knew virtually everyone who had been at the bar before. Shook hands with all of them welcoming them back to his bar. So nice. There is a great happy hour $5 at 5, $6 at 6, $7@ 7, $8@ 8. Special menu for the drinks but plenty to choose from. And the timing with the sunset is perfect! Great bar with a superstar bartender serving it up.
Outside bar by the pool great with Alex, Mack and Jeremiah. Great drinks and service. Mack even called an off duty Alex to find out how he made my wife's drink she loved! Again, who does that? And btw, Alex didn't mind. That's how service oriented they truly are.
Jennifer, a manager, chatted with us and made us feel like we were appreciated and having a good time. She interacted with guests as well as fellow employees. If there was one constant it was employees complimenting their treatment by management which they said made them even more motivated to give great service to their guests. It's not really a strange concept, but how often do you see it implemented? Sheerley (another manager) met my wife and treated her like she was her new BFF. Really nice. My wife loved her. We did not meet a single sole that was not very nice. Management if you read this please take note of this and let your people know that they were truly appreciated.
We ate twice at the restaurant for breakfast. Both times we had the buffet with fruit, great Greek yogurt parfait and an egg frittata dish. My wife loved the Mediterranean chopped salad with shrimp. So much so that it was a repeat. Beautiful location overlooking the pool and bay.
The hotel is a combo hotel and condos so it has a bit different vibe. No shops in lobby. There is a concierge. Not a lot of sitting area in lobby but several bars open at various times of the day. Make sure you see the sunset during your stay. Billed as the best view of a miami sunset and it is hard to argue.
All in all a great stay primarily due to the people who work here and made sure it was so. Thank you team of Mondrian for making our stay great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers and Destinology so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach