“Beautiful Hotel with Awesome sunsets.”

Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Ranked #38 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Beautiful Hotel with Awesome sunsets.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I stay at this hotel more than any other In south beach. Sister to the "Delano" a( where we stay a lot also) this hotel looks over the bay, and on a clear day the sunset is worth seeing .Setting over a back drop of star island and downtown Miami its nothing short of breathtaking.
The foyer is grand with its theme of "Alice in wonderland" and its One million dollar staircase ( this info given to us by one of the bartenders) hits you as soon as you walk through the front doors. All white, with black wrought iron staircase , this entrance is spectacular!
The staff are all helpful and fantastic, the rooms are equipped with microwaves, dishes,coffee pots etc and arevery spacious. I recommend you ask for a bay view room, we have tried all, some have a balcony which are great I believe they are the suites.( two rooms) cost a little more. But worth the extra.
This hotel seems to attract a very hip crowd, this past time it was "swim wear" week so every time we got in the elevator there were models from everywhere.
Also a big advantage is the "Whole foods" which is only a block away, you turn right out of the front doors , cross the street, and there is whole foods and also a Starbucks.
The pool is great but gets crowded so you may want to go down there early and reserve a lounge chair. Just a short cab drive from Lincoln rd. or anywhere you may want to go ...this hotel is at the top of our list of places to stay in south beach.. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: ask for a bay view room, try and get one of the higher rooms maybe 6 floor or up.. as this past tim...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bornabrit
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your recent and repeated visit to Mondrian and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased you found our staff to be courteous and attentive and we're glad, too, that you enjoyed our design and vibe. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ellis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

In town for Swim Week and therefore always needing WiFi access for work was a challenge at this hotel. Our room WiFi simply did not connect on any of our devices (note it is $15 per day) and in the pool it was inconsistent. That was the main challenge which was stressful as this was a work trip.

Aside from that detail, everything about the stay was wonderful. The location is beautiful and is 5 minute cab ride from the beach. The pool is lots of fun and the room was spacious. Enjoyable stay overall, definitely would go back but for vacation when WiFi is not required.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank WithLoveGabrielle
Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian. We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall, thanks in part to our room product and fun vibe. We are sorry you had challenges with your internet connectivity. Our IT is addressing the shortfall.

Suzhou, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

All is fantastic but we came to sleep and a hotel with 1 queen size bed were we asked 3 twin rooms for 6 tall Dutch is a nuissance. There is enough space to put 2, but you get a stretcher of 6 ft Very inconvenient. Hope a Spring Air salesman arrives soon at least to sell some Talalay latex toppers to cover the springs of the stretcher. We have 2 nights to go. Anna T.

Room Tip: these are only single rooms with queen size Twijfelaar beds
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna T
Thank you for your recent visit. We have rooms with King, Queen, Full and 2 Double beds. The rates may vary based upon the numbers of beds in the rooms. We hope you have let us know at reception if there is something we can do to make you more comfortable.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a fabulous boutique hotel! The rooms were pretty spacious (esp. considering many of the older Miami hotels are quite small). The waterfall shower from the chandelier is pretty cool and we got a room that had 1.5 bathrooms. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool staff were FANTASTIC. David (I think that's his name) was amazing - he greeted us each morning and found us pool chairs together, laid out towels, and checked in regularly on us. The servers were also very friendly and helpful. My only feedback would be the bathroom sinks are a bit odd in that the counter runs right into the sink and so water can get on your items.
We even saw Puff Daddy at our hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review and for your recent visit to Mondrian. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here, thanks in part to the friendly and attentive service you received as well as our vibe. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

6 weary and exhausted travellers arrived after 10 hectic days in orlando coupled with a 3 1/2 hour journey to be met by courteous and welcoming doormen,valet parkers and bell boys. They introduced themselves and took care of luggage and car. The foyer of the hotel is stunning and I knew immediately we had made the right choice. All the receptionist were extremely helpful and were willing to ' go the extra mile'. Any queries we had were immediately answered. My older children were interested in night clubs and they were provided with a list of recommendations including free tickets. Well done. Rooms are very spacious, clean and include tea/coffee making facilities. Pool area is spotless and each and every pool attendant from David,Josh etc made us feel special and truly enjoy our experience. The ladies very extremely attentive to our liquid and dietary needs!. Continental breakfast was included in our stay with a good array of fruit and pastries. Poolside bar food was fresh, tasty and reasonably priced. Cocktail hour/hours were most enjoyable, especially watching the sunset over the bay. The hotel is approx 15 min walk from beach or shopping or a taxi is approx $5. Overall a most enjoyable experience and one which I shall repeat.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but get a bay view if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Visitorsireland
Thank you for your recent visit and for this kind review. While we are glad you found our design appealing and our product clean, we are most delighted and proud of the fact that all of our staff greeted you with friendly and attentive interactions. We hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I actually brought my girlfriend here to take her to a really nice place before her surgery for thyroid cancer (thyroidectomy). Unfortunately, a mistake on my part left us with an unpleasant room. Imagine my dismay when our perfect weekend was ruined by my own actions (it had to do with a confusion on an online booking website).

I did not tell the hotel staff for the reason of our stay at this nice(and very expensive!) hotel. The front desk receptionist (I wish I could remember her name) realized I was visibly distraught. I was supposed to have a room with a view (according to the third party online booking site), but there were none left in our price range. I was distraught because I just wanted to surprise my girlfriend and take her mind off her impending surgery. It would be the last time she would be able to go to a pool for a very long time.

The receptionist then did something that surprised me: She upgraded us to a suite with a balcony and the view we desired. I was stunned by this gesture. I did not tell her what this meant to us, as my girlfriend did not want others to know of her condition. I have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, the Hilton, all the Fountainbleaus, and the like (this was when I was still a minor, and not a struggling law student). But, the service here was almost like being with family. I felt that these people enjoyed our company and wanted for us to have a good time!

Pros:
-Clean
-attentive
-beautiful rooms
-lively scene

Cons:
-maybe a little loud, but only noticeable on the balcony (when there is a yacht party going on outside! awesome!)

I wish to extend my thanks to Mondrian and its staff. Their actions helped my girlfriend forget about life for awhile and live like queen. Though they may have lost a little bit of money on the rooms for those nights, they gained the loyalty and admiration of a future customer. Luckily, I get to start practicing law in a few months...so I will have more disposable income :)

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 115stepheng
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your visit and for this kind review. We are delighted to know our attentive and friendly staff helped to make your stay memorable. We are very grateful for your loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon. We also hope your girlfriend is recovering well.

Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Like all of you, I had myriad choices when it came to accommodations in SoBe and I have no doubt that I made the right decision.

Our stay at Mondrian SB proved to be a true VIP experience. I could not have had more fun celebrating the granting of my divorce. The fact I now enjoy heroic status with my girlfriend is a huge bonus as well.

From the moment we arrived, Priscilla greeted us like family. The aroma in the lobby put a big smile on my girlfriends face and being house-heads from way back, the tunes they were rocking made me feel as if I’d truly come home. Priscilla comped our internet access because we were staying for a long 8 days. The free internet was a NICE TOUCH.

Tatiana, Valerie and all the other front desk staff were spot on. The toilet seat in my room was rather loose so I called downstairs to advise them and they came up and fixed it within minutes.

David, Josh, Wen, Ashley, Chantal, Haley and everyone else by the pool proved to have a unique and attentive style. THESE FOLKS WORKED HARD TO PLEASE US, and please us they did. Our last day which was a crazy busy Saturday, the pool was packed with a wating list to get chaise lounges, but somehow, Josh got us situated within 2 minutes. BIG UPS TO JOSH for pulling a rabbit out of his hat!

The housekeeping staff was also attentive. Our room was cleaned and ready before noon every day during the entire stay.

The view from our 10th floor Bay View Studio was breathtaking. My girlfriend refused to close the drapes so that she could enjoy the view if she had to get up in the middle of the night. That was the only thing that upset me since I had to get up to close them every morning @ 6 AM. Of course, this was not the hotel’s fault LOL.

Whole FoodS, Starbucks, Panera Bread, Walgreens, MB Liquors, Cara Mia Trattoria (Excellent Italian restaurant) and at least 4 DECO BIKE rental locations all within 5 block radius. Also a free Trolley stops almost in front of the property. Trolley makes loops around West Ave & Alton Rd. from Shops at 5th & Alton (TJ Maxx, Publix, Ross) and Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza all the way to Lincoln Road Mall. VERY CONVENIENT AND QUAINT.

No doubt I will be returning to Mondrian SoBe. I have also committed to booking a room for my son next summer as a college graduation present. I hope to share heroic status with him and his girlfriend as well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lenny C
Ellis v, Executive Assistant at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Lenny,

Thank you for your recent visit to Mondrian and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay so much, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from so many of our staff as well as our location and vibe. We certainly look forward to many happy returns from you.