My husband and I stay at this hotel more than any other In south beach. Sister to the "Delano" a( where we stay a lot also) this hotel looks over the bay, and on a clear day the sunset is worth seeing .Setting over a back drop of star island and downtown Miami its nothing short of breathtaking.
The foyer is grand with its theme of "Alice in wonderland" and its One million dollar staircase ( this info given to us by one of the bartenders) hits you as soon as you walk through the front doors. All white, with black wrought iron staircase , this entrance is spectacular!
The staff are all helpful and fantastic, the rooms are equipped with microwaves, dishes,coffee pots etc and arevery spacious. I recommend you ask for a bay view room, we have tried all, some have a balcony which are great I believe they are the suites.( two rooms) cost a little more. But worth the extra.
This hotel seems to attract a very hip crowd, this past time it was "swim wear" week so every time we got in the elevator there were models from everywhere.
Also a big advantage is the "Whole foods" which is only a block away, you turn right out of the front doors , cross the street, and there is whole foods and also a Starbucks.
The pool is great but gets crowded so you may want to go down there early and reserve a lounge chair. Just a short cab drive from Lincoln rd. or anywhere you may want to go ...this hotel is at the top of our list of places to stay in south beach.. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach