One of my favorite hotels that I stayed in so far!
The hotel design is very art deco and modern, clean white design with black accents and interesting artworks both through the hotel as well as in the rooms! The service was impeccable from the minute we stepped out of the taxi to the last point when we checked out. The room was beautifully designed, specious and comfortable, with a low bed, cool overlay yellow wall mirrors and cute dining table and kitchenette. The shower had a chandelier as the shower head with an interesting large sink design and full floor to ceiling mirror inside the glass shower. I normally use my own toiletries but have to say that I tried the Mondrian toiletries and loved them! The only one little negative thing about the room was the air conditioner, which was housed in a small closet but was somewhat loud, so we would turn it off during the night.
The breakfast was really good, with a small but diverse menu. There was a-la-carte as well as a buffet option with a patio overlooking the pool and the bay. I had the lemon tart pancakes, which were to die for!
The bar inside serves mean Martinis (passion fruit martini was AMAZING) and also has gorgeous views of the pool and the bay, where you can watch the sunset.
The # 1 thing to do at the Mondrian (the hotel is known for it) is to watch the sunset at around 7pm onwards by the pool ... the view is one of the most beautiful views that I have ever seen! (see pictures). One note to that is the hotel does not have beach access but it is about 10-15 min. walk to the beach.
Finally, on Sundays, the Mondrian pool party is REALLY happening!!! The DJ was really good, the bar has great drinks and the atmosphere is fashionable but laid back, loved it!!!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again in heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach