Whether you're single or not, this is the hotel that represents the experience of what South Beach is all about.
My wife and I decided to spend our 5th Anniversary in Miami, and The Mondrian helped it be the most memorable yet, since our honeymoon. From the moment we were helped out of our cab, the service never let us down. We asked to upgrade our room upon arrival, and the front counter made the change swiftly. Yes, we paid a little more, but hey, it was our anniversary, so we wanted to splurge a little.
Once we walked into the room, we knew we were about to have a great time. Spacious, modern, sleek, clean, and with a view of the bay and downtown Miami to the west, from the 11th floor. If we were a little more carefree, we probably would have invited people back for a room party that night.
After some quick exploring of Ocean and Lincoln Drives (really just a $6 cab ride to the strip) - then we walked down, had lunch, bought a few things, walked over to Lincoln, checked out the shops, walked back up to West Ave, then back to Mondrian. Yes, these places are not exactly next door, but if anyone complains about their distance, they're not fit, or just plain too lazy or stuffy to experience a city like this.
By the time we got back, it was time for the pool, and what a scene it is. Not too crowded, but the scenery (people AND location), was absolutely pleasant, to say the leasat. And the pool service was quick to bring a towel and whatever chair of your choice. And always with a smile. (Ask for Dave, he will Hook, You, Up). Beverage and Food servers were as friendly as they were attractive. Not like the uptight L.A. servers. And yes, drinks were up there in price, but this is South Beach, people, not Oklahoma. Live it up.
My wife left the pool a bit early to get treated at the spa. She said they treated her as if she was the only guest in the hotel. And she left with a great manicure, too.
That night we made reservations at a restaurant on Lincoln, but wanted to switch to another place the same night. At the same time. Within 2 hours. In most big nightlife cities, this might be a problem, but not when you have the Mondrian's smooth concierge. He had it changed within 10 minutes, was totally cool over the phone, and had the confirmation sent up to the room within minutes of the call.
We spent our actual anniversary dinner on the Friday night at Asia di Cuba. Some might say that it's too loud a place for an anniversary dinner. I'd say to them, we came her for this, and we expected it. Friday night is THE night for this hotel. An awesome bartender to start things off, drinks started flowing, and a pretty reasonably-priced bottle of wine, and a great server at Asia for dinner (yeah, we had to wait a bit for the table we wanted, and the restaurant's front desk could use a little more experience, but oh well, everything turned out great). Server was so down-to-earth. And if the drinks were costly, the value of the food made up for it. They even sent us a complimentary dessert! But by then, I could barely touch it I was so full. Still, I tried, just because of the gesture toward us was so kind.
Stick around for the bar scene on the Friday. Guys, if you're with your wife/girlfriend, she better be cool about the head-turning you'll be doing. Mine was, which made the night even better. Just a great scene. But if you're there to get drunk, it'll be a costly night. Remember why you're there, because it's definitely not for being frugal.
The next day we did our final shopping during the day and met just the friendliest people back at the pool, and even some locals hanging out there for the weekend. Another great dinner nearby that night, then explored the nightlife. Even able to bypass the line at one of the clubs, thanks to the concierge's business card which he gave me earlier that night.
All in all, we couldn't have asked for anything more on our special weekend getaway. Detail and service. When staff are as friendly as they are in a place like this with endless amenities, then you've come to the right place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on newly-fashionable West Avenue, Mondrian is a quiet enclave just minutes from the bustling center of South Beach, offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami. The visionary style of designer Marcel Wanders is apparent from the moment you pull into the porte-cochere: guests walk through a grand entryway appointed with custom-designed furniture, lighting and accent pieces, evoking Wanders' design homage of "Sleeping Beauty's Castle." Upon entering the soaring lobby, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views of Biscayne Bay. Immediately the eye is drawn to the masterpiece of the room–an iconic, signature "floating staircase." Black and gold patterned furnishings and oversized brass bell shaped lights add a touch of whimsy and welcome guests to sit and socialize or enjoy the view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida
- Mondrian Miami Beach
- Mondrian Miami Hotel Beach