“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New Jersey
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

This hotel had everything and was very unique from the decor in the lobby to the pool area to the rooms. There were more staff than guests or so it appeared and they were very attentive. Would certainly go back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

This was a very trending hotel that I found via Hotwire.com. It is a very upscale hotel that actually caters to 21-44 year olds and the restaurant & bar are priced accordingly upscale. The staff was very young (I'm 52) and they were very friendly and helpful. The hotel's design is very trendy and artistic. It was a very nice change from the type of hotels my wife and I normally stay at. The mattress was extremely comfortable and the room quite spacious. It was about a 10-15 minute walk from Lincoln Boulevard and about the same to the beach in South Miami Beach. We really liked SMB, as it had a lot of different looks to it. And we love walking when we are on vacation, because we see so much more of the areas we visit. I would recommend this place as a nice romantic stay. We loved having drinks and laying in the canvas cabanas by the pool at night and looking across the bay at the lights of downtown Miami.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lisamondrian, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2010
Dear Guest,
It is wonderful to hear that your stay with us was so amazing. Young is a state of mind that you slip right into here at Mondrian. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your opinion.
Warm Regards,
houston,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

I stayed at the Mondrian Feb 2010 for my bday on a weekend. I was very satisfied with my stay. The hotel is flawless. The drinks at the bar a pricey but tasty. The bartenders use all natural fruits for the mixed drinks. The bed was comfy. The hotel staff was very helpful and polite. The hotel is not directly next to the beach but a cab ride to Ocean is less than 5 mins. I would will most definitely stay at this hotel next time I return to Miami Beach

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Happy Birthday! I am so pleased that you chose to spend your special day with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mondrian again soon.
Warm regards,
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

What a very beautiful hotel ~ complete with the South Beach vibe. Fancy cars and beautiful people every where. The decor is trendy black and white ~ it is gorgeous! The rooms are spacious. Be prepared to hear party goers in the hallways around 3:00 am. We found out that it was the hot spot in SoBe on Friday nights. The pool area is massive and impressive. It was worth putting up with the 3am wake up call and the noise from the very busy elevators. Go and enjoy....but go with the right frame of mind.

Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
We are please that you enjoyed your stay at Mondrian, it is a really special place. Hope we see you again soon!
Warm regards,
Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

My fiance and I were in Miami for work and decided to extend the trip a few days for pleasure. We pricelined a 4 star hotel in south beach. We got a really good price, so I am not going to complain about the value we received. However, this is not a 4-star hotel. It is an adequate hotel that is riding out its wave of popularity. It was so loud at night that we went out and bought a white noise machine to help us sleep. We recognize that we are not the hotel's target market (we were not interested in the club scene in the lobby) but it would be nice to be able to sleep when on vacation.

PROS-
The location was great - we walked everywhere.

CONS-
noise, $37/day valet

• 2 of 5 bubbles
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

My husband and I fled the Doral with last minute reservations at the Mondrian. We didn't know what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is chicly-designed and the lobby provides stunning views of the pool area and bay. We found everyone on the hotel staff to be wonderful, helpful and genuinely concerned with ensuring that we had a pleasant experience. Danesh at the pool bar was the best!

We were upgraded to a room with a beautiful balcony view of the pool area. It was clean and unique in its design. I read some reviews complaining about the cleanliness of the rooms. I am shocked to see this. As a germaphobe, I found the rooms to be impeccably clean. The rooms were very chic, but for the large pictures of morphed girls staring at us. I appreciate modern design, but found the large photograph on the wall to be a bit disconcerting.

We loved the location of the hotel, but it must be pointed out that it is in a quiet residential area. It is not on South Beach, but is a very very quick cab ride to many of the hot spots. If you want the beach to be right outside of your room, do not stay here. That being said, if you stay at the Mon, you are granted access to the Delano's pool and beach, which are fabulous.

It was too chilly to swim, but the pool area is clean and beautiful. The staff members out at the pool were incredibly helpful. We loved the views of the bay and the sunset from the pool area and would highly recommend the drinks and appetizers from the pool bar. They are not inexpensive, but nothing in South Beach is cheap and the drinks and food were high quality. I guess we were not offended by the prices (complained of in other reviews) because we expected the expense.

Sadly, I did not have the opportunity to enjoy the spa, but note that it was recently featured in Travel and Leisure as the best-designed hotel spa.

I recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to stay somewhere that is quintessentially splashy Miami. It is hip and chic. If you enjoy traditional hotels or seek a quiet pool scene, you may not be pleased with the Mondrian simply because it exudes a more youthful and party-ish vibe. We did not hear the complained-of loud music from the pool area or lobby bars, but, again, if you want a truly quiet retreat instead of a "scene," this is not the spot for you.

1 Thank Nolanative
Lisamondrian, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2010
We are so thrilled that you had a great stay. Our goal is for everyone to have the same experience as you!!! You will have to come back to enjoy the spa, it is magnificent.
Warmest Regards,
New York City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

My boyfriend and I were so excited to stay at the Mondrian. The hotel looked amazing and we were looking forward to a nice vacation. I had to work on a presentation during my stay and I never travel anywhere - it's like my right arm.

When we pulled in the valet said that they would bring our luggage up to my room. I thought about taking my laptop case out of the trunk, but the hotel seemed so nice I figured they could just bring it up to me. We got all of our luggage and left our room for most of the evening - when we got back we realized the laptop wasn't with our luggage. I assumed that they forgot to bring it up (never in a million years would I think someone would have stolen it). When we called down to the desk we asked if we could get the lap top out of the car. They said don't worry they would bring it up for us. And that's when they told us it wasn't in the car.

Security attempted to "help" us by reviewing security tapes, but they said they couldn't find anything. Obviously if you're a thief and you're working at hotel you know how to steal so you aren't on camera. The security team was so nonchalant about their help and not once asked how we could make our stay better, apologize, even ask if we wanted a drink NOTHING. They just directed us to the police station to file a police report.

My advice (beyond not staying there) - is do not let your luggage out of your sight, DO NOT leave anything valuable in your car, and don't have anything of value that can't in your safe.

I have never left a hotel review before, but this experience upset me so much I want everyone not to make the same mistake.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rawsienna
Lisamondrian, General Manager at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2010
We take the safety and security of our guests and their possessions very seriously. We will continue to work with you on trying to track down your misplaced possession. Please let us know if you would like us to contact any of the venues which you visited during the time that your laptop was misplaced. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Mondrian.
Maria Rubio