Mondrian South Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Abae Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
South Beach Villas(Miami Beach)
Bikini Lodge(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Chelsea(Miami Beach)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Astor(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
Clinton Hotel South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
4,061 results
All reviewswhole foodsbay viewsouth beachpool supervisorpool areastar islandbiscayne baymiami skylinepool partyone bedroom suiteamazing poolocean drivepool servicelincoln roadamazing hotelamazing servicevalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2010

We had a great stay here and made our first time in miami that much better. Rooms are large and very modern. Only ate at the restaurant once for breakfast but food and service was very good -- the ambiance in the morning provides a fantastic way to start your day. Everything is pricey for those that are price sensitive. If you are looking for nightlife, hotel offers some events but generally the bar is good place to start off your evening, with the hotel having a pool party on Sunday nights. If you are looking for beach access Mondrian is somewhat out of the way. It is about a 15min walk or 5 min cab ride straight across 11th, so access isn't immediate. Lincoln Road Mall is about 10 min walk north up Alton Rd. Overall, great job Mondrian Miami!

Reviewed 29 April 2010

I got a deal to stay here half-price on Hotwire (<$200 a night), so didn't mind that this hotel disappointed in room quality, but if I had paid close to full price, I would have been pretty mad with the cheap furnishings and questionable cleanliness.

The rooms and furnishings are very cheaply made. This is a very new hotel, but as others have pointed out here, the rooms are kinda falling apart in places. Doors don't fit their cabinets, walls etc. Wall paper is peeling off. There's loads of space but no mirrors or seating. The bathroom is large and luxurious on first glance, but also quite impractical when you actually come to use it (where do I put my stuff?! where is the towel racks?! why are they so stingy on shower gel/shampoo?!). Lastly, there is a kitchenette in the standard rooms, which (could be) really useful for saving money on (expensive) south beach meals..but its not stocked with any pots/pans/cutlery etc. Also, when we arrived, the coffee pot was still dirty from previous tenant. These things aren't a big deal, but this is not Vegas-quality luxury hotel room, so Morgan's shouldn't be charging $300 + a night.

That said, I had a great time at this place! Its in a nice south beach location away from the masses, but close enough by cab or foot. Good local amenities like restaurants, Starbucks etc. The pool scene is so relaxing, very attentive, friendly staff, with a large pool and great views of Miami skyline at sunset.

Lastly. the onsite bar called the Sunset Room is supposed to be a SoBe go-to location, but it was never that busy, even on the weekend. Not sure if that is good or bad thing. Either way, we went off-site to party. Nice bar, however. Also, the gym at the hotel is really nicely fitted out, but has no A/C, so its basically a sauna. Very uncomfortable if you're planning on doing a lot of working out.

The last word is, stay here if you can get a good deal, but if you're going to pay > $250 a night, check out some of the options on Collins in mid-SoBe.

2  Thank backofthenet74
Lisamondrian, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2010

Dear Guest,
We are really pleased that you had a great time here at Mondrian. One of our goals is to ensure a good time for all. Sunset Lounge has been voted "Best of" in many categories since opening. Possibly it was just a slow night trust me, it gets really happening there.
I regret that our rooms and furnishings fell short of your expectations. Our company prides itself on it's commitment to innovative design however we know people have individual preferences in this regard. Hoping your good time will encourage you to return. Please feel free to contact me should you decide to come back.
Best,

Reviewed 29 April 2010

It looks good, it sounds loud, it feels trashy. Room was spacious, nicely furnished to y taste with a fantastic view. Shame music by the pool is continuous & very loud over the week end. The Front Desk staff clearly has no idea what service is about in a 4/5 star wannabe hotel. The Concierge desk is empty most of the time & valet parking is over priced with staff that can't tell if you are in or not, or what... You can tell I did not enjoy the place very much can you - The service level irritated me: when asking for a DHL parcel sent to my attention, I had to wait for 2 days before people were able to locate it & send it up to my room. Housekeeping did a great job - That's about it. The restaurant & bar are over priced. The location is great as it is away from the madness of the beachfront.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to learn that we diappointed you. We truly care and apprciate your gracious feedback. It seems you were pleased with some aspects of our hotel Valet parking in general on South Beach is pricey due to a lack of space. Our concierge team is commited to serving the many different needs of guests, this may include "running and errand", picking up emergency medicine or just getting that forgotten item someone may require. We are certainly sorry that we fell short here, as MHG prides itself on having the best concierge team in the industry. We are looking into why you waited so long for your package, that was not acceptable and I'm sorry.
We are very proud of our housekeeping department thank you for recognizing their good work. Our location is unique and it is also wonderful that it worked for you. I really believe you could be a Mondrian guest! Please feel free to contact me if you are coming to Miami.
Best,

Reviewed 20 April 2010

I did my research before picking a hotel for my three day trip to South Beach. I was familiar with the area so I knew that the view would be great. I would suggest getting the King Bay room with Balcony. The Mondrian was trendy and perfect for young couples and I could not believe how amazing the staff was. Pricing is reasonable for South Beach and don't go into it expecting a hotel chain experience. You can tell the building was older but they did an amazing job with decor and ambience.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Lisamondrian, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and and your appreciation of our hotel. We take pride in our innovative design and our attentive staff.
Once again thank you for your generous comments we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Mondrian in the near future!

Reviewed 11 April 2010

I have been going down to South Beach for over 10 years now. My old stand-by being the The Hotel of South Beach. But I have been known to experiment. I fell in love with the Delano. I loved the Shore Club. Loved the Gansevoort and the Fontainebleau. But there is nothing like the Mondrian Hotel. One word: Decadent. The place is like a dream. The room was out of this world. The drinks, the food, the staff. Even the guy who runs the pool - David, was impeccable. I mean, I never left the hotel. Asia de Cuba - has the most amazing food. I ate there the first night and cancelled my dinner reservation somewhere else the second night to eat there again. The staff were so nice, so laid back but super-efficient. The cocktails were amazing. The hotel bar The Sunset Lounge has this white peach sangria that they sell by the pitcher. That was off the rails. The Mojito French Fries. The pool area. I'm just gonna start naming things off: the Coconut Cloud Cocktail, the decor of the place, the gym had everything - that was the most stocked gym I had ever used. Usually its a couple of treadmills, some weights and a sit up machine. The mini-bar - when they say full-stocked - they ain't lying. The soundtrack they got playing through out the hotel is amazing. I kept looking up the song title every other song. You will need for nothing if you go to the Mondrian. There's a freaking chandelier in the shower and the water comes out of it. I mean, what else do I have to say. Except that the bay view is amazing. Get a bay view balcony room. It's a must. Oh! And there's a giant-size vending machine that sells a corvette. I mean, it don't get better than that. And if it does - I don't wanna to know about it.

1  Thank georgiebrooks

Dear Guest,
You are correct South Beach has its share of amazing hotels, we are proud to be among the best. We are truly humbled by your praise. It feels so wonderful to know that our efforts tranlated into "The Most Amazing, Perfect Hotel I have ever Stayed In" .

David at our pool is a true super star, his commitment to excellence help to make every guest's experience memorable.

Asia de Cuba is indeed fantastic as is Sunset lounge. Oh those cocktails, you made me want to rush over and have a drink just by your vivid descriptions.

Decadent is a true description of South Beach in general, it is thrilling to know Mondrian is on the cutting edge and fulfilling the dreams of those in search of it.

Once again our many thanks for the glorious recognition! We look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain grateful for your loyalty.