“Girls Gone Wild” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Mississauga, Canada
“Girls Gone Wild”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

My girlfriends and I just came back from a fantastic long weekend in South Beach. We stayed at The Betsy hotel right across from the beach and was super accessible to many other shops, bars, hotels, resaurants and entertainment. The hotel was beautiful, great lobby, pool and rooftop patio. The Restaurant, BLT was fantastic. We ate there twice. The concierge staff, Paul and Marisa provided excellent service and great tips and suggestions on what to see and do. I also want to comment on the excellent service provided by Adam and Jorge. Both men were friendly, helpful and genuinely interest in our various escapades and very willing to suggest alternate activities. We thoroughly enjoyed or vacation and I for one, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lorna039

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay at The Betsy. It was our first time to Miami and we enjoyed our stay! The hotel itself is in an excellent location, just across the street from the beach (which was really much nicer than I anticipated!). I liked that the hotel was not in the crazy, noisy section of Ocean Drive, which, in my opinion was a little over the top (not in a good way - just not really my scene). I liked the hotel's stye, the comfortable beds, quiet room (we did not hear neighbours at all!). We had a great meal at BKT Steak - excellent deal during Miami Spice which is running as I type this. We had a Betsy Classic room on the third (top) floor - which I requested prior to arrival. The room was quite small, as others have mentioned, but we paid a good price so can't complain. I suspect the suites are nicer given their larger size. Bathroom was ridiculouslly small and the whole "tv in the mirror" thing didn't work for me..was right in the middle of the bathroom mirror! Housekeeping for our room was excellent, though, in all honesty, I was surprised it wasn't a bit better throughout the hotel. The carpet in the hallway had some stuff on it and it wasn't vaccuummed up till the second day of our stay. The pool area also needed a bit of attention - granted they were sold out, so maybe this explains it. We tended to walk up the stairs as I hated the tiny, dark, hot elevator..a bit of claustrophobia on my part, but you have been warned. Our check in was to be at 4:00 but on our arrival they were clearly trying to catch up and we didn't get our room till 6:00! We are pretty easy going, but I was surprised the hotel didn't offer us anything as an apology. My husband had to request a drink on the house, which I thought was unfortunate. It would have been classier for them to offer it to us without us asking! FYI - the drinks at the bar are lovely, but man, are they expensive!! I suspect this hotel is one of the best on the strip, but I'm not sure that for me it was a 5 star rating, for the reasons outlined above. Was it pleasant and comfortable? Sure! Would I go back, probably, but only if I could score such a good deal again!

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hollydaze
TheBetsyHotel, Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Holly,

It's great that you found a good deal on your room and make sure to sign up on The Betsy's mailing list as we send exclusive offers to our repeat guests!
I also sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of your room not being ready at our guaranteed arrival time and can understand how frustrating an experience like that can be. However, I can guarantee this will not be an issue on your next visit.
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor letting everyone know what a wonderful hotel The Betsy - South Beach really is.

Cory Randolph
Director of Operations
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We arrived late on Thursday night. We were welcomed by the door man in a suit and tie who greated us with a smile and helped us with our luggage. There was a singer in the lounge singing pop standards. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful all the time. The hotel was sold out but we had a very nice room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool but across was a view of the other rooms. So we kept our blinds closed most of the time. The room was a bit small to my liking but very clean. There was no coffee machine in the room. Two mornings we ordered room service which came up fast and for a 4-cup freshly ground pot we paid 8.00US. Excellent coffee! They have a mini bar with snacks if you wish to purchase. Great location across the street you have Starbucks from there is a short walk to the beautiful private beach for the guests. You walk up to booth marked Boucher Brothers and the prepare your chair for you and give you two towels. The hotel Concierge was very helpful in telling us where to go eat, shop and dance. Walking distance to Lincoln Avenue to do some shopping and eating.

Room Tip: The room facing the pool would be quieter than the street side.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Denna,

Thank you for choosing The Betsy while enjoying your time in Miami Beach. I'm glad you were able to experience the live music in our lobby on Thursday but more so hearing the service was friendly and helpful throughout your stay.
I have to agree with you about the coffee BLT serves, Illy brand, and the next time you visit make sure to try the plain yogurt with granola or fresh berries.

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Cory Randolph
Director of Operations
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed at The Betsy for a two night stopover on the way to doing some voluntary medical work in Haiti. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beach.
We had a really relaxing stay. Our room was spacious and comfortable, with fresh decor and a really lovely bed. Service was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and genuinely helpful. A particularly touching highlight of our stay was the gift of two puddings and champagne on ice to our room, with a note to wish us well in Haiti. We would rate The Betsy as one of the loveliest places we have ever stayed, and certainly the most relaxing. We will be back! Thank you to all for making us feel so special and welcome.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank supernova66
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The exterior of the hotel is really outstanding. The most beautiful at the SoBe. See picture. Location is also perfect, directly at the Ocean Drive where you can spot Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. At the right you have Starbucks and across the street there is the famous beach. Sundeck has a nice view of the area. Pool,  don't bother, go to the  beach. Room, certainly if with two queens a really small but nice and cosy decorated.  Lobby has an exclusieve atmospehere. Service is great, door men and "Jorge" are great guys. Thanks, we loved to be at The Betsy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

a beautiful hotel, clean, confortable and great location. staff very nice and friendly. i would definitely be back on my next vacations to miami.

Room Tip: confortable anda clean
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Well iam going a start with the good things: front desk was very helpful , Paul the concierge he's service was good , he send to us a sparkling wine for my birthday, but I see other people get champagne and strawberries , then he never told us were to go, but that wasn't a big deal, then we got a problem with our room and he bring to us champange and I ask him, were can I get strawberries and he send to us , the housekeeping Gladys amazing , the doormans fantastic , except Jorge , he got jelous of us maybe cause we are Latinos . Now the cons: Let me start we was thinking stay at the tides, but our friend , tell us change the reservation to Betsy , big mistake , we are a gay couple and we felt discriminate for the doormen Jorge , he look to us like if we got some disease and he push the door , really mad , one time the door almost hit my face because him, he's only nice with woman's , but we are Hispanics so maybe is avreason why he was the entire stay very rude , are room it was very bad located say city view , and are you kidding to me ? It was an alley view , we complaint with the front desk and finally give us a quite room , then alot of ants in the sink was running all over the bathroom, we feel very sad because we eat breakfast at the tides and everybody treat to us like royalty and we was in Betsy ,people in z on the ocean very nice , beautiful people, polite, helpful , the doormen very nice person in the breakwater hotel,:( we pay thousands to stay at Betsy , but our money don't worth there SORRY , when this Jorge wad there , i was afraid to go back at the hotel because he's attitude , thank you to front desk, housekeeping Gladys, Paul and the waiter at the restaurant , it's a beautiful propery , we want a back to Sobe in November, for the white party , and april for spring break , but with this issues 30 percent yes and 70 no, sorry Betsy you need to check every detail of the personal if you want a keep a good reputation at 4 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2011